Home
NHL 11 News Post

Check out some of the new faceoff screenshots from NHL 11.

Game: NHL 11Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 36 - View All
NHL 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 SinisterAlex @ 07/28/10 03:21 AM
Meh I think we've seen too much of the faceoff system now, I think we get the point of how awesome it'll be.

# 2 Burbruee @ 07/28/10 10:25 AM
Also I think we've seen enough screenshots, trailers and cutscenes. I hope we get to see more actual gameplay footage.

# 3 TIm @ 07/28/10 10:44 AM
I agree... The faceoff system will be a blast especially playing against a friend. But I agree... I am really excited to hear about something else.. Even short gameplay clips.. The new mode Rammer said will be addicting... Hopefully Winter Classic is in..

# 4 Vikes1 @ 07/29/10 12:17 AM
Yep, I'm ready for some game play vids.

I hate to sound impatient...but I'm getting a little, well...impatient. Sept 7 really isn't that far away now.

# 5 plaidchuck @ 07/29/10 11:30 AM
I know really.. I'm hoping Aug. 1 all of the info embargos are lifted.

# 6 LuGer33 @ 07/29/10 12:56 PM
Looks like they ended up not being able to fix the Flyers nameplates. Kind of frustrating given that in a developer chat a few months ago, they said they were aware and would be addressing the issue for NHL 11.

Not a huge problem, but something I would have liked to have seen fixed.

# 7 Gagnon39 @ 07/29/10 12:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuGer33
Looks like they ended up not being able to fix the Flyers nameplates. Kind of frustrating given that in a developer chat a few months ago, they said they were aware and would be addressing the issue for NHL 11.

Not a huge problem, but something I would have liked to have seen fixed.
What's wrong with the Flyers' nameplates?

# 8 ericromain @ 07/29/10 03:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnon39
What's wrong with the Flyers' nameplates?
The flyers have their block letter names on a black (or white for home) box nameplate, which is a feature that is unique to their team. The box is supposed to crop tight to the block letters. If you look at the screens, guys with short names have a lot of dead space in their box because it doesn't shrink properly. Last year guys like Van Riemsdyk's name was so long that the text overflowed outside of the box. It just looks kinda bad and definitely inauthentic.

# 9 Gagnon39 @ 07/30/10 01:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericromain
The flyers have their block letter names on a black (or white for home) box nameplate, which is a feature that is unique to their team. The box is supposed to crop tight to the block letters. If you look at the screens, guys with short names have a lot of dead space in their box because it doesn't shrink properly. Last year guys like Van Riemsdyk's name was so long that the text overflowed outside of the box. It just looks kinda bad and definitely inauthentic.
Yeah, that definitely sucks. If I was a Flyers fan that would drive me nuts.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.