Home
NBA 2K11 News Post

2K Sports Compiles Most Powerful Hoops Soundtrack Ever for NBA 2K11

2K Sports Compiles Most Powerful Hoops Soundtrack Ever for NBAŽ 2K11 to Complement the Series' All-Time Greatest Cover Athlete

Soundtrack raises the bar with diverse lineup spanning Drake to The Alan Parsons Project alongside the national NBA 2K11 producer/MC contest winners

New York, NY - July 29, 2010 - 2K Sports today announced the soundtrack for NBAŽ 2K11, the latest installment in the top rated and top selling NBA basketball simulation franchise*. Complementing the appearance of Michael Jordan, the series' greatest cover athlete to date, the soundtrack is the biggest and best in 2K history, offering an eclectic mix of upcoming breakout bands and highly acclaimed artists. The soundtrack includes an original, exclusive track from the quadruple platinum-selling artist and 12-time Grammy nominee, Snoop
Dogg, that illustrates his long-standing enthusiasm for the NBA 2K series. Other notable artists include Outkast's Big Boi, Drake, Kid Cudi, Two Door Cinema Club, The Constellations, and The Alan Parsons Project performing the Chicago Bulls' intro song.

Featuring Michael Jordan as this year's cover athlete, and several new gameplay modes and updates, NBA 2K11 continues its trailblazing reputation of weaving both emerging and well-established musical acts into the basketball mix. The soundtrack will sharpen this year's greatest basketball simulation ever with an extensive collection of 29 tracks from artists that tap into the energy, hustle and excitement of the NBAŽ.

"NBA 2K is the basketball game that everyone plays, from NBA athletes to celebrities to music artists. Snoop has been a long time fan of the NBA 2K series and because music is such an integral part to the gameplay experience, it was a perfect fit for this year's title - one of the greatest rappers making an exclusive track for the greatest NBA game," said Jason Argent, vice president of marketing for 2K Sports. "With NBA 2K11 we hope to exceed expectations by featuring both an impressive array of established artists like Big Boi, Kid Cudi and Drake who definitely balance the hoop action, alongside emerging talent, such as the winners of our national MC/producer contest."

Following is a complete track list for NBA 2K11:

1. Snoop Dogg - NBA 2K Theme
2. Big Boi - Shutterbug
3. Drake - Over
4. Cassidy - Game Time
5. Ron Artest - Champion
6. Duck-Down All-Stars feat. Buckshot, Skyzoo, Promise, and Sean Price - Better Than You
7. The Alan Parsons Project - Sirius
8. Art vs. Science - Hollywood
9. Big Rock Candy Mountain - Rocketship
10. Brunettes - Red Rollerskates
11. Chicharones - Little By Little
12. Children Collide - Skeleton Dance
13. Constellations feat. Asher Roth- We're Here To Save The Day
14. Dan Black feat. Kid Cudi - Symphonies (Remix)
15. Delorean - Deli
16. Ev - Home Of The Brave (Instrumental)
17. Failsafe - Hope & Only If We Learn
18. HOGNI - Bow Down
19. Kidz In Space - Downtime
20. Middleman - It's Not Over Yet
21. Rakaa feat. Aloe Blaac - Crown Of Thorns
22. The Redland - So Far
23. The Russian Futurists - Paul Simon & Precious Metals
24. Sonny Bones - Rise
25. Two Door Cinema Club - I Can Talk
26. Yung Autmatik & Bayroot Productions - Go Hard or Go Home
27. Dux Jones - Pourin' It On

NBA 2K11 is not yet rated by the ESRB and will be available October 5, 2010.

Game: NBA 2K11Reader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 108 - View All
NBA 2K11 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 youvalss @ 07/29/10 12:32 PM
Should have included old songs, like 1986 ones, 1991 ones etc. Those should be played during the MJ Challenge.

# 22 ctu130 @ 07/29/10 12:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
Who was the winner of their contest?
the song used in this trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZSZeRrZfNc

track number 6 i believe

edit: ok maybe not track 6... The winner of the contest was track 26 Yung Automatik - "Go Hard Or Go Home" http://www.duckdown.com/nba2k11/producer/

# 23 Goffs @ 07/29/10 12:43 PM
Quote:
Every year they choose some of the best music to play. Your always like "who is that?" when the list is released. But once the game comes out. Your singing along with it by day 2. This is one section 2k has always had props for.
this is true...im looking through youtube now to find out who these artists are

always loved 2k choice in music

# 24 SaltyBlackWorm @ 07/29/10 12:58 PM
RON ARTEST? YEEEEEEEEEEEESSSS!!!!!
. . . Moment of silence for the champion

# 25 P21J @ 07/29/10 01:02 PM
Man, listening to "Over" by Drake would be weird in a NBA game....it just doesn't seem to fit. But I love the Symphonies Remix track (Dan Black ft. Kid Cudi) so I guess it will balance out

# 26 jd@os @ 07/29/10 01:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NBAttacKeR
"5. Ron Artest - Champion"

Uhm since when is Ron Artest a rapper?

EDIT: lol just saw it on youtube
Yeah man. I know that you edited your post, but he's been rapping for a while now bro. I even think he has his own label if I'm not mistaken (like a lot of people not for himself really, but for other artists).

I like rap as much as the next guy if not more, but like a couple of people have said, some of these non-rap songs can grow on ya. I love that Run Away song from NBA 2K10. I had nothing but rap and r&b on my ipod, but I put NBA 2K10's Electric Feel on it because I like it for some odd reason. But the weirdest one of all is College Hoops 2K8's My Piano; I'm embarrassed to say I love that song.

# 27 TracerBullet @ 07/29/10 01:29 PM
Can't wait to hear some of the random stuff 2k always has in their soundtracks. I generally like at least half of it but usually the rest ispretty bad. Looks good this year. Seeing Shutterbug has made my day already. Really want to hear number 6.

# 28 Rocboyz101 @ 07/29/10 01:34 PM
Quote:
Damn...some of you guys need to get your ears checked...Rap isn't the form of music...lol jk

But seriously...Guys open your ears up...Because you will be singing along sooner or later. Unless you chicken out and take them off your playlist. I hope they add the custom music for PS3...That would be amazing!
I do it every year..lol Some of it sticks, but some of it annoys me.

# 29 Facts @ 07/29/10 01:38 PM
Does Geico help you save 15% on your car insurance? Does 2K know there fans?

# 30 muggins @ 07/29/10 01:39 PM
hahahahaha @ Ron Ron being in the soundtrack

2k always has great soundtracks so I know I'll like it

# 31 rockchisler @ 07/29/10 02:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdiddy71323
Like it but really wish they would stop with the unknown indie rock crap. This is a basketball game, not the Vans Warped Tour
Just curious with all this indie rock on 2k11 how many rap songs will be on NHL 2k11???

# 32 renewill27 @ 07/29/10 02:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcxiv
with how terrible rap is now days, i am glad 2K is using this approach. lol
I second that.

# 33 jmood88 @ 07/29/10 02:22 PM
Quote:
Rap isn't terrible at all, mainstream rap is.

# 34 trendsetter09 @ 07/29/10 02:36 PM
" I won't waste your time with my revelations......" My favorite song from 2K10. I'm looking forward to the new soundtrack.

# 35 youvalss @ 07/29/10 02:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
the got Sirus in there so hopefully they add some pregame intros and put that there for the Bulls
YEAH!

# 36 mizzta21 @ 07/29/10 02:46 PM
#7 the alan parsons project is the chicago bulls player introductions when MJ was always introduced last, loved their intro!

# 37 TalenT @ 07/29/10 03:24 PM
Lol @ I only know the first five on that list (...& of course Kid Cudi & Asher Roth).

# 38 scottyp180 @ 07/29/10 03:32 PM
a lot of these songs are unknowns for me but im looking forward to hearing them once the game comes out. For those who have complaints about some of the songs you do know that you can choose to shut songs off or just create your own playlist.

# 39 B-Wills @ 07/29/10 03:34 PM
Aww man, I was hoping that this Lupe Track would make the game

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ge4BEdyZ8bM

seems like a perfect song for a Basketball game too, oh well.

# 40 rockchisler @ 07/29/10 03:38 PM
Quote:

Lets clarify that, Radio Rap Sucks, except for your Hov Kanye and Common and the like, Underground is awesome..

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.