Home
NCAA Football 11 News Post

EA Sports has just posted another NCAA Football 11 blog, thanking everyone, as well as giving us a few patch #2 updates.

Quote:
"More details on the client update to come, but here are three of the big ones we've solved:

-- RANDOM PLAY ACTION CRAZINESS - Sure it looks funny, but annoying as heck when it costs you a drive or a game. We're sorry we missed this one as well and apologize for the issue.

-- SEASON SHOWDOWN STATS REPORTING - The season showdown warning is harmless right now and this issue and related lobby problems ultimately get fixed with the update.

-- UNIFORMS THAT NEVER NEED WASHING - This is one of the more painful ones for us given all the work on visuals this year. The game actually does degrade uniforms; unfortunately we broke something in a final build that made the impact way too subtle. Consider this one solved with the update. And we want you to know that we've really been enjoying the great "Art of NCAA Football" threads. It's clear we have some incredible photographic talent in our community! So I expect things will go next-level when the update rolls out."

Game: NCAA Football 11Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iPhone / PS2 / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 83 - View All
NCAA Football 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 121 dalecooper @ 07/30/10 03:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiddyGotGrillz
I really don't care as much about the so-called "playaction craziness" as much as I care about playaction being broken all-together. I can't use half my playbook due to the fact that every time I call a playaction play it triggers the defense to destroy my offensive line and blow me up in the backfield before I even have a chance to throw the ball.

Fix playaction and this game could be perfect.
I agree. Little bugs that come up rarely are annoying and all, but my main concerns are things that can potentially affect your playcalling and game playing all the time. As far as main gameplay elements that bother me, playaction apparently coming with a "PLEASE SACK ME" neon sign and the ridiculously tight man coverage are the only ones. The QB play action glitch and the weird "catch off the uprights" glitch need fixing but they are minor, in my eyes.

I do want this dynasty progression/recruit rating stuff straightened out though.

# 122 jared52 @ 07/30/10 03:28 PM
First off, for people who are wondering why their favorite issue isn't mentioned in this post, it's because all the things this patch fixes havn't been released yet. He said there will be more details on the patch later.

Second, I'm confused on the tuning file issue. I do see where it checks for online tuner updates when I first launch the game and I understand that it can be used for offline play, but what about OD? Will every OD play have to do something to activate the tuner set on their game or will the commish have the ability to apply the same tuner set to all players? Or is the tuner set only for online ranked games?

# 123 superjew887 @ 07/30/10 03:55 PM
I for one hope they take their time with this patch and get everything right the first time. These tuner patches will be great in the long run to make more smaller adjustments (NHL 10 had tuner updates as well).

With this client update though, I hope they take a good look at the recruiting issues and determine whether its progression that's a problem or low starting ratings. I have confidence in the NCAA team though, which is something I never could say. But this game is way to good to be destroyed by a lack of support or broken game modes which shouldn't have been broken to begin with.

# 124 choadler @ 07/30/10 05:23 PM
I don't think EA needs to tweak progression too much. What they need to do from what I am seeing is the following:

1. Improve awareness increases in all positions. Freshman come in to low and don't improve enough
2. Improve juke and elusiveness ratings in new wide receiver recruits.
3. Improve Kickers kick power and kick accuracy. This should be high as freshman and increase marginally over 4 years. This is needed for gameplay as most teams only carry 1 of each kicker. .
4. Improve quality of 1* and 2* and 3* star players. Too much of a gap between crappy players and good players. I liked stretched ratings, but too much will kill gameplay on the field.

And anther thing, improvements to CPU recruiting is necessary. 10 qbs on one team is not going to cut it.

# 125 mjarz02 @ 07/30/10 05:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by choadler
I don't think EA needs to tweak progression too much. What they need to do from what I am seeing is the following:

1. Improve awareness increases in all positions. Freshman come in to low and don't improve enough
2. Improve juke and elusiveness ratings in new recruits
3. Improve Kickers kick power
4. Improve quality of 1* and 2* and 3* star players. Too much of a gap between crappy players and good players. I liked stretched ratings, but too much will kill gameplay on the field.

And anther thing, improvements to CPU recruiting is necessary. 10 qbs on one team is not going to cut it.

EXACTLY!! I agree 100%

# 126 firesloth @ 07/30/10 05:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deegeezy
Apparently either by EA's choice or due to the game's functionality, any team who has uniforms that don't have last names on their jersey, the name does not show up underneath them during game play.
I've noticed that this bug happens at home (ND stadium), but I seem to be able to see names/numbers when playing away games. Strange.

# 127 wickedbadman @ 07/30/10 05:36 PM
Thank God they are fixing recruiting. I was able to enjoy the game despite the fact my team was 5* and getting worse every year, but it recently was really starting to get on my nerves.

# 128 Brandwin @ 07/30/10 05:45 PM
So the tuning set will be out next week and the patch in 2-3 weeks?

# 129 I Peench @ 07/30/10 05:55 PM
Quote:

3. Improve Kickers kick power and kick accuracy. This should be high as freshman and increase marginally over 4 years. This is needed for gameplay as most teams only carry 1 of each kicker. .

I also want to see some "gems" and "busts". 2 or 3 star guys flying under the radar with rating better than 4 or 5 stars.

# 130 choadler @ 07/30/10 06:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Peench
I also want to see some "gems" and "busts". 2 or 3 star guys flying under the radar with rating better than 4 or 5 stars.
Absolutely, agree. I think they need to add the element of a breakout candidate like they use to have in 04 and then have some 4 and 5 stars that don't progress at all.

# 131 tswiatkowski @ 07/30/10 07:01 PM
Ok, what I would like to see fixed is the recruit ratings and progression. It gets pretty bad after all the players are made up recruits (5th year in) and teams that are powerhouses are all Bs. I mean, I am not so opposed to spread out ratings but the thing is, when they are not consistent with the original roster ratings, it does get very annoying.

# 132 Ramminyou @ 07/30/10 08:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tswiatkowski
Ok, what I would like to see fixed is the recruit ratings and progression. It gets pretty bad after all the players are made up recruits (5th year in) and teams that are powerhouses are all Bs. I mean, I am not so opposed to spread out ratings but the thing is, when they are not consistent with the original roster ratings, it does get very annoying.
I can't tell from your post if you know, but the blog specifically states they are looking into fixing the recruiting and progession issues.

# 133 19 @ 07/30/10 08:52 PM
Quote:

Solid post. That is exactly what they need to do. Here's hoping...

# 134 mgoblue678 @ 07/30/10 09:56 PM
Quote:

Agree with this completely. These are defiantly the issues more so than progression. I would be really disappointed if they ignored these things and instead messed with progression significantly.

The only thing I would add is to either decrease the amount of 1* players or have CPU teams not recruit those guys for the most part. Even the worst teams in the country generally don't sign those guys.

# 135 T3B0W @ 07/30/10 10:32 PM
GREAT news. Well done EA.

# 136 lionsheart @ 07/30/10 10:39 PM
What about fixing the punt returns. There is no blocking on returns.

# 137 jfsolo @ 07/30/10 10:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoblue678
Agree with this completely. These are defiantly the issues more so than progression. I would be really disappointed if they ignored these things and instead messed with progression significantly.

The only thing I would add is to either decreases the amount of 1* players or have CPU teams not recruit those guys for the most part. Even the worst teams in the country generally don't sign those guys.
They probably won't be able to do this until next year, but all of the 1* players should be removed from the game and replaced with more 2* star players. The only 1* players should be the walk on's.

For this year I think they should adjust it to be like this for incoming Frosh:

1* 55-65 OVR

2* 60-70 OVR

3* 65-75 OVR

4* 70-80 OVR

5* 75-85 OVR

The progression should essentially stay as is, but 1% of every star category in every class should be breakout players, Players who get like a 8 point bump after their Frosh and Soph years regardless of their team prestige. This way the small schools can have an occasional unexpected star player like they do now.

# 138 Balrog @ 07/31/10 12:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gilljon26
any broadcast cam maybe ill buy it if it were in
They said that they couldn't put it in this year

# 139 UniversityofArizona @ 07/31/10 01:50 AM
will i be able to use this tuner set myself to my own desires on my offline dynasty game or do i have to hope ea does everything i want done for me?

# 140 LambertandHam @ 07/31/10 09:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by UniversityofArizona
will i be able to use this tuner set myself to my own desires on my offline dynasty game or do i have to hope ea does everything i want done for me?
This sounds like it's something EA can only mess with under the hood, so I guess cross your fingers and pray

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.