Home
NCAA Football 11 News Post

EA Sports has just posted another NCAA Football 11 blog, thanking everyone, as well as giving us a few patch #2 updates.

Quote:
"More details on the client update to come, but here are three of the big ones we've solved:

-- RANDOM PLAY ACTION CRAZINESS - Sure it looks funny, but annoying as heck when it costs you a drive or a game. We're sorry we missed this one as well and apologize for the issue.

-- SEASON SHOWDOWN STATS REPORTING - The season showdown warning is harmless right now and this issue and related lobby problems ultimately get fixed with the update.

-- UNIFORMS THAT NEVER NEED WASHING - This is one of the more painful ones for us given all the work on visuals this year. The game actually does degrade uniforms; unfortunately we broke something in a final build that made the impact way too subtle. Consider this one solved with the update. And we want you to know that we've really been enjoying the great "Art of NCAA Football" threads. It's clear we have some incredible photographic talent in our community! So I expect things will go next-level when the update rolls out."

Game: NCAA Football 11Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iPhone / PS2 / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 83 - View All
NCAA Football 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 141 mcpheje @ 07/31/10 10:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kentucky3D
So in the "tens-of-thousands of hours of QA" they couldn't advance dynasty mode through 15 years and study the results? It should jump out right away that something is wrong when they see I-AA West blowing out Marshall. I think that would only take an hour to figure out.
True, especially when you consider that they should be able to pull the data out and do simple comparisons from year to year. In year 15, the individual ratings for the freshman should still look like the freshman from year 1; the sophmores should still look like the sophmores from year 1, etc. If they tune the game to play correctly with the default rosters, then all they need to do is make sure that progression keeps the rosters as a whole looking pretty much the same. The calculations behind the scenes may be a little complex, but the concept is actually very simple.

# 142 Cj7298419 @ 07/31/10 11:40 AM
Can someone explain to me what "Playaction Craziness" means? Cause EA sure as hell didn't go into detail as to what that means.

Like another poster said, hopefully it means we'll finally be able to complete a playaction pass without having to worry about our blocking breaking down. B/c of this, I don't even do alot of playaction in games. It's so broken its ridiculous.

# 143 drventure @ 07/31/10 11:43 AM
I believe they are referring to this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DC8llIdQgSk

# 144 Solidice @ 07/31/10 12:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cj7298419
Can someone explain to me what "Playaction Craziness" means? Cause EA sure as hell didn't go into detail as to what that means.

Like another poster said, hopefully it means we'll finally be able to complete a playaction pass without having to worry about our blocking breaking down. B/c of this, I don't even do alot of playaction in games. It's so broken its ridiculous.
the play action boot screen play in most formations is broken. the QB never completes the 'fake' and gets stuck in the dropback animation for about 30-40 yards.

don't think there are any other plays that are like that, the PA boot screen is the only one I've seen(it's in several formations though)

# 145 Stack @ 07/31/10 02:21 PM
Quoted directly from EA:

[My apologies to longtime fans like ODogg who can't find peace without dreadlocks. ;-) Or others who've been aggressively petitioning for broadcast cameras or bowl patches. We just weren't able to get them into NCAA Football 11 given all the other work we had to take care of this year. And unfortunately, these aren't things that we can simply "patch in". I can tell you they're on our wishlists as well and we hope to get to them in a future version. Look for a link to a new Satisfaction and Feature Request Survey in my next blog.]

# 146 dan_457 @ 07/31/10 02:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Out
um... no they arent out and no it doesn't

I believe that's what they call sarcasm...

# 147 LambertandHam @ 07/31/10 02:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan_457
I believe that's what they call sarcasm...
Sadly it probably won't be that far off

# 148 dan_457 @ 07/31/10 02:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lambert&Ham
Sadly it probably won't be that far off
I was actually thinking the same thing. Sad part is i don't think anyone would be surprised if they did just re-rate the rosters.

# 149 LambertandHam @ 07/31/10 03:03 PM
Quote:
I was actually thinking the same thing. Sad part is i don't think anyone would be surprised if they did just re-rate the rosters.
Re-rating would be a part of it, but progression really needs to be tuned so things don't end up like Jbrew posted in the End of Year one progression thread. Speculating really takes you to dark places when it comes to EA

# 150 jfsolo @ 07/31/10 03:13 PM
Quote:
I'd be totally surprised if they did this. Unlike some of the cynics here, I think they do understand the mistakes they made and will do a solid job of rectifying those mistakes. Regardless, of what they do, 30-40% of the people will still be upset. That's always the case with any tune/patch.

# 151 tony619alu @ 07/31/10 03:16 PM
just wondering whats wrong with dynasty progression

# 152 MallettForHe15man @ 08/01/10 05:24 PM
Is it possible that such recruiting quirks like Notre Dam having an A+ in conference prestige or after having three consecutive BCS Championship wins, your Championship Contender stays at B+, will get fixed? Recruiting against Notre Dame and trying to downplay their nonexistent conference is aggravating.

# 153 MallettForHe15man @ 08/01/10 05:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Peench
I also want to see some "gems" and "busts". 2 or 3 star guys flying under the radar with rating better than 4 or 5 stars.
They do have gems. My last class I landed the #1, #2, #7 and #23 WR and the 23rd had an OVR better than the other 3.

# 154 wraith @ 08/01/10 05:36 PM
i've has busts. the #1 overall receiver came in at 72 ovr 4 star. I had a another 4 star who was better

# 155 gamemaster-2005 @ 08/01/10 06:24 PM
any word if they will fix the recruiting issues? were CPU will draft a ton of the same position players.

# 156 jmik58 @ 08/01/10 06:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwd33
If any of yall have a brain you shouldnt buy what ea is selling, they have been selling a broken product for damn near 10 years. They have refused to fix anything in the game for the whole ncaa series. Every year they talk about new features that are cool and exciting for about 2-3 games then im saying wow really? question to everyone when was the last time any of yall have actually used the hurdle button in game, that's what I thought. These patches and tuners and stupid, maybe a good idea in thought, but ea needs to get their act together before the actual release of the game. The excuses they give out I just don't buy.

Have you actually played this game or read any reviews? Seriously, if you're not banned you should just go away and take your uneducated opinion somewhere else.

# 157 IndyBronco @ 08/01/10 06:57 PM
I hear talk about fixing progression, which is a good idea. But the overwhelming problem is the low rating coming in as freshmen. Even if they progress well, they may still be terrible, which should be true in some cases but there seem to be a large amount of terrible players/ratings.
I am in year 3 with Fresno State and some kickers in the WAC are in the low 40's for kick power and kick accuracy, it really ruins the competitive nature of the game. Some other positions are odd in the depth chart setting. Another problem for me is the lack of pancakes for my team, I rush the ball 35 times a game and I have 3 total pancakes-all my OL combined. My OL is not that bad and the DL is not that good, any ideas on that one? In my 2 complete years, my highest pancakes was 7 in 13 games on Heisman.

# 158 Pogo27 @ 08/01/10 11:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaptownMVP
No game has ever been released 100% perfect.
Super Mario Brothers on SNES.

Quote:
The real problem is the 1 year turn around. I think that EA should have two teams working on NCAA (and another two on Madden). That way one team can work for two years on their version of NCAA, eliminating a lot of these problems.
And then the same things happens with NCAA as what happens with Call of Duty. It's terrible one year, and excellent the next, and in the even (or odd years) they're selling twice as many copies because people only be the good releases.

# 159 Pogo27 @ 08/01/10 11:24 PM
Quote:
No game has ever been released 100% perfect. We're lucky that we have the ability to fix problems in games nowadays. On previous generations, you were stuck with what was on the disk/cart.

The real problem is the 1 year turn around. I think that EA should have two teams working on NCAA (and another two on Madden). That way one team can work for two years on their version of NCAA, eliminating a lot of these problems.
Quote:
No, with CoD, there are two different STUDIOS working on the game. I am just talking two different sets within EA. There would be meetings and **** to coordinate and make sure that the versions are congruent with each other.
Congruent versions means congruent bugs...

Much of the game content is copied over year to year... I think that EA definitely needs more people working on the game, perhaps most particularly in the testing department, but a whole extra team? I think now you're just paying two people to do one job in a lot of places. It's not like the game has to be started from scratch every year...

# 160 canes21 @ 08/01/10 11:30 PM
Two teams working on the game would probably not work. You would still have to wait until they finish the current addition before you could make any new additions because it would result i bugs and all that stuff.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.