Home
EA Sports MMA News Post

Brand new gameplay video of EA Sports MMA, featuring Ninja Rua vs. ?, Cung Le vs. Scott Smith, and Bas Rutten vs. Ken Shamrock.

Looking better than before...

Game: EA Sports MMAReader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 5 - View All
EA Sports MMA Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Pappy Knuckles @ 07/31/10 09:17 PM
+ Screaming Pride Lady
+ Showing the bone during Bas' submission attempt

Cool video, looking forward to the demo.

# 2 hogfan @ 07/31/10 10:48 PM
This looks very impressive, IMO.

The combos look great.

# 3 Iadf @ 08/01/10 10:44 AM
That looked great by far the best video yet. It looked so much more polished in this video.

# 4 Sandman42 @ 08/01/10 11:45 AM
The rocked state on the first fight looks so much better than UFC. No robotic getting rocked and then throwing punches from the up/down position. That scramble on the floor looked awesome.

# 5 jb12780 @ 08/01/10 03:26 PM
Wow that looks so much better than the previous videos we have seen. This game is now on my radar.

The gliding we saw before is also toned down.

# 6 DaveDQ @ 08/01/10 04:24 PM
Around the 40 second mark there is some nice interaction between the ropes and fighters after a kick lands and they go to the ground. It plays out rather naturally. There's the left kick to the head, a missed left but then a right that hits him on his way down. So nice.

The only thing I'm not too crazy about is the quick punches that flow but they don't look to be getting fatigued. i'm going on 2 years of seeing zero stamina in Fight Night 4 (online). I just hope it doesn't carry over into this game.

Overall though, something about this game is really pulling me in. Maybe it's the natural feel it appears to have.

# 7 judgejudy @ 08/01/10 04:33 PM
maybe I'm being picky, but the way the strikes sound really bothers me

# 8 boxboy99 @ 08/01/10 07:50 PM
Yes! Screaming Lady!!

# 9 TheShizNo1 @ 08/01/10 08:16 PM
Nice nice nice! Punches still look a little weight-less though

# 10 shadthedad @ 08/01/10 08:22 PM
This will be a classic! Count me in.

# 11 DaveDQ @ 08/01/10 10:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by judgejudy
maybe I'm being picky, but the way the strikes sound really bothers me
I agree. They are too loud and too plane. I'm sure you can lower them with a presentation slider.

# 12 Illustrator76 @ 08/02/10 08:06 AM
This game is looking much better than the last time I saw it. The strikes look much faster and not as if they are punching under water like some of the previous videos. I'm excited for this game!

# 13 Stumbleweed @ 08/02/10 11:40 AM
I still hate the way they walk around the ring... the locomotion just looks off in that regard and with strikes also. Still probably has a better foundation than the UFC game... gotta see if I can get over the movement and enjoy it more though.

# 14 sportznut02 @ 08/02/10 11:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
this game looks pretty good, just wish it were the UFC roster. UFC should have linked with EA instead of THQ
UFC and White tried to get a deal with EA a few years ago but EA at the time said it was not a big enough sport to make a game.

# 15 DaveDQ @ 08/02/10 12:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumbleweed
I still hate the way they walk around the ring... the locomotion just looks off in that regard and with strikes also. Still probably has a better foundation than the UFC game... gotta see if I can get over the movement and enjoy it more though.
I agree on that. It seems like they need to slow down or take larger steps, but that's definitely something that looks off.

# 16 jb12780 @ 08/02/10 02:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDQ
I agree on that. It seems like they need to slow down or take larger steps, but that's definitely something that looks off.
They still have time to improve/fix. I wouldnt give up hope yet. This shows potential.

# 17 whosgotcha @ 08/02/10 09:34 PM
I'm impressed

# 18 King10Sooted @ 08/02/10 10:14 PM
Game is looking awesome. I hope they tweak the way they move around the ring, but if the rest of the gameplay is good then I can get over that. The career mode is looking awesome too.

# 19 videlsports @ 08/03/10 04:19 PM
it looks nice, they did a good Job

# 20 Clarityman @ 08/17/10 02:31 AM
Looks great! I will probably be getting this.

I'm glad we have an alternative to the UFC titles, which had so much potential but so many little issues that really ruined them.

Agree about the unrealistic punch sound effects, I hope they tune that, but otherwise this game seems really awesome.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.