Home
NBA JAM News Post

BOOOOOOM-SHAKA-LAKA! EA ANNOUNCES NBA ELITE 11 TO
INCLUDE FREE* DOWNLOADABLE VERSION OF NBA JAM

REDWOOD CITY, Calif. – August 3, 2010 – Electronic Arts Inc. (Nasdaq: ERTS) announced today that all new copies of NBA ELITE 11 will include a one-time download code that will enable users to access three modes of NBA JAM – Play Now, Classic Campaign and Online. Already set to revolutionize the way basketball simulation games are played with new Hands-On Control, the inclusion of the NBA JAM modes will make NBA ELITE 11 the ultimate basketball videogame experience available, on the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system and PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, when it is released on October 5, 2010.

“NBA ELITE 11 is going to change the way basketball videogames are played,” says Jordan Edelstein, Vice President, Marketing, EA SPORTS. “The addition of three free downloadable modes of the award winning NBA JAM is an unprecedented value add to a product that is already set to revolutionize the basketball videogame category”

Winner of eight ‘Best Sports Game of E3’ awards, including the coveted Game Critics Award, NBA JAM has been optimized for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 to truly deliver a next-gen experience of the classic franchise. With Play Now, Classic Campaign, and Online modes included, the downloadable version of NBA JAM, that is available with purchases of NBA ELITE 11, will include a robust single player and multiplayer experience. NBA JAM allows fans to challenge the world, or their friends on the couch, with Online and Play Now, respectively, or climb from worst to first as they take their favorite NBA team through a ladder tournament through the league.

NBA ELITE 11 featuring three modes of NBA JAM will be available for the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system and Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system with an MSRP of $59.99. It is developed by EA Canada in Burnaby, B.C. The game has not yet been rated by the ESRB or PEGI.

EA SPORTS™ is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling videogame franchises, award-winning interactive technology, global videogame competitions and breakthrough digital experiences. EA SPORTS delivers personal access to the emotion of sports through industry-leading sports simulation videogames, including Madden NFL football, FIFA Soccer, NHL® hockey, NBA ELITE basketball, NCAA® Football, Fight Night boxing, EA SPORTS MMA and Tiger Woods PGA TOUR® golf, and EA SPORTS Active.

For more information about EA SPORTS, including news, video, blogs, forums and game apps, please visit www.easports.com to connect, share and compete.

Game: EA Sports NBA JAMReader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iPad / PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 16 - View All
EA Sports NBA JAM Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Kully @ 08/03/10 03:19 AM
Whoa that's a pretty big incentive.

# 2 FlyRice @ 08/03/10 03:20 AM
I wonder if they're planning on having Jam as a stand-alone release as well.

# 3 ILoveLakers @ 08/03/10 03:21 AM
This is GREAT news! I loved NBA Jam from the classic days, and we get 2 VERY GOOD looking titles for 60 bucks? Jam is retailing for $40. Awesome! Yet another PS3 game im looking forward to this fall. Already have it pre-ordered

# 4 Kully @ 08/03/10 03:22 AM
I believe in the article they mentioned that the version that will be bundled has less modes to play with. I'd say it would be safe to assume that there would be a fully featured release later on.

# 5 NoTiCe_O @ 08/03/10 03:29 AM
Nice, I wanted to play tht but wasn't gonna buy it, now I can get it with a game i was gonna get anyways.

And is this the Big time news?? lol

# 6 PeruvianPlaya954 @ 08/03/10 03:42 AM
Suh-friggin-weat.

# 7 tedus @ 08/03/10 04:09 AM
is it the big time news??!!

NBA JAM bundled with elite is good !!

but I feel some dissapointed about this big time news @@

I thought they announced some game modes or somthings....

# 8 BlueNGold @ 08/03/10 04:21 AM
Very nice. Good move by EA. This will help sales and give us a good incentive to give Elite a chance.

# 9 Behindshadows @ 08/03/10 04:43 AM
These guys just got two thumbs up!

Great decision to release this on PS3 and 360, and now it's bundled with Elite 11 as a bonus for people who get the game new...

DNA code

and NBA Jam code...equals win!!! At no extra cost.

# 10 Tha_Kid @ 08/03/10 04:50 AM
I'm pretty sure this is the only way to get NBA Jam on PS3 & 360. It seems to be the full game minus the remix tour but in HD with online 4 player multiplayer. I had no intention of buying Jam but i might buy Elite and Jam is a nice bonus.

Quote:
"And the only way to play 'Jam' on the 360 and PS3 is by picking up 'Elite'. There's a one-time use code that will be in every copy of 'Elite', so you just go online and redeem it. We're not selling 'Jam' on PSN or Xbox Live. If you still want the full product, the full experience is on the Wii, but if you pick up 'Elite', you're still getting a good taste of it, especially with the inclusion of online play."

# 11 dvir10 @ 08/03/10 04:51 AM
wow great news!!! iv'e seen videos of nba jam and it looked really good
i'm really glad that i can't wait to get my hands on this game together with nba elite.

best combination ever!!!!!!!!!

# 12 Goffs @ 08/03/10 06:11 AM
didnt care much for Elite i was only looking at 2k and this game but hell Elite just became a must buy...

# 13 Muzyk23 @ 08/03/10 06:19 AM
I wonder why they decided to do this.

# 14 BiggD @ 08/03/10 06:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muzyk23
I wonder why they decided to do this.
Maybe elite is gonna be pretty lacking.... seems strange to me that they would bundle this. EA are all about the $$$$

# 15 SoMiss2000 @ 08/03/10 07:41 AM
wow great news? this is awful! Typical EA. Guess I wont be playing Jam.

# 16 smithdynasty @ 08/03/10 08:12 AM
This is actually a very interesting move. I really hope EA sports product offering is extremely strong, otherwise all they are doing by offering people this bundle is permanantly turing them off to all NBA Elite's future offerings.

# 17 tabulaRasa @ 08/03/10 08:26 AM
smart move , especially since NBA elite won´t be able to tackle NBA2k11 head on if you read previews.

# 18 kbomb1upc @ 08/03/10 08:30 AM
So EA really must not like money. I'm not going to buy NBA Elilte just for NBA Jam. They could have gotten my 10 dollars for Jam but they aint getting 60 from me to get Elilte. Just a dumb move, unless they are going to release NBA Jam at a later time.

# 19 bigeastbumrush @ 08/03/10 08:31 AM

Strange, strange move by EA.

Won't play into my decision anyway...

# 20 ODogg @ 08/03/10 09:01 AM
I agree with kbomb1upc, I had planned to buy Jam but now I will pass. Although I'll bet about 2 months after Elite has been out we'll all see EA release a big promotion about how they've decided that due to "popular demand" they are bringing NBA Jam to PSN and Xbox Marketplace. You wait and see!

« Previous12345678Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.