Home
NCAA Football 11 News Post

The NCAA Football 11 Live Tuning Pack is now available. Check out the Q&A, right here.

More details about the Live Tuning Pack can be found right here.

Quote:
"For gameplay you should notice that larger players cannot jump as high to swat down passes making things look and feel more authentic. In Dynasty mode, it means two things. First, the majority of the teams in Dynasty will be slightly better than before due to having access to higher rated Prospects and slightly better progression. Second, CPU teams will do a much better job of accurately filling their rosters."

Game: NCAA Football 11Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iPhone / PS2 / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 83 - View All
NCAA Football 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 121 gigem @ 08/05/10 01:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramminyou
Hm. I simmed to Week 6 of my Dynasty after the LTP (that's where I was this morning), and Alabama and OSU are so far # 1 and #2, respectively, both undefeated. Also, OU is still undefeated and Boise has lost one. So unless these teams fall off massively in the second half, mine should be normal.
Yah i bet in Dan_457's Brantley went down, incomes True FR 66ovr, Trey Burton, and for LSU they had to play North Carolina, and WVU.

# 122 dan_457 @ 08/05/10 01:05 PM
I'm simming another year, and will compare. But of all the seasons i've played so far, None have had a final pole that looked like that. I feel like they tweaked something that gives lower rated teams a more competitive edge during simming. The SEC should beat up on each other but not like that. The three best teams were in the bottom half of the SEC ranking, i mean Vanderbilt had a better year than florida and lsu.

# 123 Illcat @ 08/05/10 01:05 PM
I guess I will say thank you for these updates but I also have to vent a little.

I'm not sure if you can even do this but it would help if the consumers knew exactly what you were planning to put in the updates you are working on. I read the blogs and in waiting for this "tuner set," I assumed that the things like the play action glitch, rampant freezing, no uniform degradation, and other gameplay related issues would be fixed. I hadn't even been playing much lately in sheer anticipation for this and now it's here and to my dismay; none of those things have been addressed. On top of that, another couple of weeks before I can expect the next update that MIGHT address some of those issues.....sheesh

This update is cool for all the multi dynasty guys but seriously, I hate the fact that I can't call a play action play on crucial downs because I am not sure if my QB is going to take off in the opposite direction or, when I play a great dynasty game and upon backing out of it to save, have it randomly freeze on me before I can do so, sucks man, almost unplayable. I have had the game about a month now and after a spending $60 for it, feels like I have the demo or no game at all.

vent aborted....

# 124 Solidice @ 08/05/10 01:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illcat
I'm not sure if you can even do this but it would help if the consumers knew exactly what you were planning to put in the updates you are working on. I read the blogs and in waiting for this "tuner set," I assumed that the things like the play action glitch, rampant freezing, no uniform degradation, and other gameplay related issues would be fixed. I hadn't even been playing much lately in sheer anticipation for this and now it's here and to my dismay; none of those things have been addressed. On top of that, another couple of weeks before I can expect the next update that MIGHT address some of those issues.....sheesh

This update is cool for all the multi dynasty guys but seriously, I hate the fact that I can't call a play action play on crucial downs because I am not sure if my QB is going to take off in the opposite direction or, when I play a great dynasty game and upon backing out of it to save, have it randomly freeze on me before I can do so, sucks man, almost unplayable. I have had the game about a month now and after a spending $60 for it, feels like I have the demo or no game at all.

vent aborted....
pretty much everything you mentioned is something that will be fixed in the patch, not the tuner file.

# 125 mgoblue678 @ 08/05/10 01:10 PM
I hate to be a debbie downer here, but I just finished simming year one using Middle Tenn State who is a 1* program. I let the CPU do the recruiting on Varsity difficulty and they brought in 1 3*, 6 2 * and 10 1 *. Not one is above a 55 and most are in the 40's. Even the lone 3 * MLB is only a 54.

Looking around the country as well it looks very similar for alot of the other lower prestige programs. A good number of 40's and 50's. They really need to get rid of most of the 1* for he most part in he next tuner or patch, the majority of these guys still seem to be useless. D1 teams in real life do not recruit these guys.

I defiantly have the tuner loaded as well, made sure of that before I started.

# 126 hazey @ 08/05/10 01:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan_457
I'm simming another year, and will compare. But of all the seasons i've played so far, None have had a final pole that looked like that. I feel like they tweaked something that gives lower rated teams a more competitive edge during simming. The SEC should beat up on each other but not like that. The three best teams were in the bottom half of the SEC ranking, i mean Vanderbilt had a better year than florida and lsu.
Do you not read people responding to your post? The LTP did not modify anything on the default roster, meaning the first season you play is not affected by the update at all.

# 127 poopoop @ 08/05/10 01:11 PM
Quote:
This was happening before the tuner though. In one dynasty I was using to sim I saw a A- overall LSU team ranked #78 in the preseason polls because LSU had been doing so poorly year in and year out. Definitely doesn't make sense, but not caused by the tuner.

# 128 StoryBook @ 08/05/10 01:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
pretty much everything you mentioned is something that will be fixed in the patch, not the tuner file.
And they said as much in the blog about the patch and the tuner file. I swear some people just don't read and comprehend very well.

# 129 Ramminyou @ 08/05/10 01:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illcat
I guess I will say thank you for these updates but I also have to vent a little.

vent aborted....
The EA blog clearly stated the difference between the LTP and the next patch coming out in a week or two which will address the bolded.

# 130 icecoldcash @ 08/05/10 01:14 PM
I know everyone is jazzed about the progression as am I, the boards are flying. But can someone answer this question below please?

From the EA LTP1 post:
"• The Awareness of a player does NOT affect his ability to Run Routes, Play Defense, or Block. Each of those have their own ratings that drive how good the player is:"

If awareness doesn't effect the player in the above regard, then what does awareness actually effect?

# 131 Ramminyou @ 08/05/10 01:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoblue678
I hate to be a debbie downer here, but I just finished simming year one using Middle Tenn State who is a 1* program. I let the CPU do the recruiting on Varsity difficulty and they brought in 1 3*, 6 2 * and 10 1 *. Not one is above a 55 above and most are in the 40's. Even the lone 3 * MLB is only a 54.

Looking around the country as well it looks very similar for alot of the other lower prestige programs. A good number of 40's and 50's.

I defiantly have the tuning loaded as well, made sure of that before I started.
Hopefully the boosted progression for the lower tier programs will mitigate the low OVR's a bit.

# 132 dan_457 @ 08/05/10 01:16 PM
Year 2 looks better, it has some stability from top teams, with a few surprises thrown in.

1. Bosie - back to back champs
2. Bama
3. Missouri
4. WVU
5. VT
6. Texas
7. Miami
8. Nebraska
9. Oregon State
10. Michigan State

The team i'm simming with, Notre Dame went 5-7 after going 10-3 the previous year. Already on the hot seat lol.

Anyway, Other notable teams

OSU 9-4 Penn State 8-5(again) Wisconsin 9-4 Mich 9-4(one of the best rated teams in the game now) Iowa 7-6

LSU 8-5 Florida with a 5-7 finish again, also one of the best rated teams. Auburn 11-2 Ole miss 8-5 Georgia 8-5 Miss state 8-5

North Carolina 5-7, but most of the ACC looks really good. The Big Ten becomes less stable it seems, and the SEC power balance gets thrown out of wack.

# 133 BadAssHskr @ 08/05/10 01:17 PM
This is very awesome, thanks Russ, and EA.

Love the changes you've made in the tuner pack, and even more, i loved the blog with the graphs and all the info!

Well done, can't wait to play my game tonight!

# 134 cammy84 @ 08/05/10 01:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackCats101
I've just downloaded it. You might need an American PSN or XBL account to do so though.
For people in the UK you need an American PSN account. The online pass will not work on UK profiles so the tuner won't download. Creating an American profile solves the problem

# 135 Ramminyou @ 08/05/10 01:18 PM
Quote:
Year 2 looks better, it has some stability from top teams, with a few surprises thrown in.

1. Bosie - back to back champs
2. Bama
3. Missouri
4. WVU
5. VT
6. Texas
7. Miami
8. Nebraska
9. Oregon State
10. Michigan State

The team i'm simming with, Notre Dame went 5-7 after going 10-3 the previous year. Already on the hot seat lol.

Anyway, Other notable teams

OSU 9-4 Penn State 8-5(again) Wisconsin 9-4 Mich 9-4(one of the best rated teams in the game now) Iowa 7-6

LSU 8-5 Florida with a 5-7 finish again, also one of the best rated teams. Auburn 11-2 Ole miss 8-5 Georgia 8-5 Miss state 8-5

North Carolina 5-7, but most of the ACC looks really good. The Big Ten becomes less stable it seems, and the SEC power balance gets thrown out of wack.
I can dig that.

# 136 billydzane @ 08/05/10 01:20 PM
I'm curious now too:

What does Awareness affect then???

# 137 Mobaby @ 08/05/10 01:21 PM
Quote:
I hate to be a debbie downer here, but I just finished simming year one using Middle Tenn State who is a 1* program. I let the CPU do the recruiting on Varsity difficulty and they brought in 1 3*, 6 2 * and 10 1 *. Not one is above a 55 and most are in the 40's. Even the lone 3 * MLB is only a 54.

Looking around the country as well it looks very similar for alot of the other lower prestige programs. A good number of 40's and 50's. They really need to get rid of most of the 1* for he most part in he next tuner or patch, the majority of these guys still seem to be useless. D1 teams in real life do not recruit these guys.

Well first, you're using Middle Tennessee State. They don't exactly pull in 4 stars and 5 stars every year.

They get the leftovers, the rejects, the 2 stars, the 1 stars, etc. What should 1 star and 2 star players be rated to you? 75 overall?

Wow, looks like we'll actually STRUGGLE with a BAD team to get the better players. Damn, too bad my multiple 1 star loser players can't be rated an 80 as a freshman so they can be a 99 when they leave my awesomely prestigious school...MIDDLE TENNESSEE STATE.

# 138 hazey @ 08/05/10 01:21 PM
Quote:

What?

Are you serious?

# 139 hazey @ 08/05/10 01:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobaby
Well first, you're using Middle Tennessee State. They don't exactly pull in 4 stars and 5 stars every year.

They get the leftovers, the rejects, the 2 stars, the 1 stars, etc. What should 1 star and 2 star players be rated to you? 75 overall?

Wow, looks like we'll actually STRUGGLE with a BAD team to get the better players. Damn, too bad my multiple 1 star loser players can't be rated an 80 as a freshman so they can be a 99 when they leave my awesomely prestigious school...MIDDLE TENNESSEE STATE.
Way to completely miss the point that teams like MTSU are going to get blown out by the FCS teams in 5+ years....again.

# 140 lgxjames @ 08/05/10 01:24 PM
Any question I had was answered and the community has done all the testing I needed...So all in all I just came to

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.