Home
Backbreaker News Post

The "Greathouse" patch for Backbreaker is now available for the PS3 and Xbox 360.

To find out what's in the patch, click here.

Here's some quick thoughts...

The CPU is better but could probably be even better. Time will tell on this one.
CPU can run. CPU can pass.
Sometimes the safeties just don't go after the ball resulting in an easy catch and other times they do. Probably has to do with focus ratings but doesn't look right when they sit back.
Instant replay is okay. It's not in the same league as WEs or NFL2k5 but after original version, you can see what's going on and have multiple views.
Teams may have been edited.

It looks like they did a bang up job! Time will tell on how it holds up.

Game: BackbreakerReader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 51 - View All
Backbreaker Videos
Member Comments
# 41 LingeringRegime @ 08/06/10 06:10 AM
I agree what you guys are saying about the Hard difficulty. Right now it feels like "All-Madden." I got beat pretty soundly three times yesterday. I will try Medium from here on.

# 42 JMD @ 08/06/10 06:44 AM
Well , I just got the Greathouse update on the 360. Unfortunately I'm kind of stuck in my ways when it comes to playing football games and I was hoping for a more traditional camera view. So since Gamestop is offering a trade in deal, I'll be trading Backbreaker in today toward Madden 11. I do applaud NM for the work they have done, great job, the game is just not for me. I hope if they put out a BB 2 they will consider adding the traditional camera view for us old dogs that have been playing video game football with that view since the beginning of football games. Some times you can't teach an old dog new tricks.

# 43 LingeringRegime @ 08/06/10 07:31 AM
Davon, AI uses jukes. Playing a game right now, and the RB is juking me left and right, lol.

# 44 mgoblue678 @ 08/06/10 07:36 AM
A bit of a mixed bag for me in my first game. Played as the Philadelphia Liberty against the Cincinnati Hogs on Hard. Played on 10 minute quarters which seemed to take forever (wish we had more quarter options, 5 just seems to short, 7 or 8 would be perfect for me) Got smoked 42-10 which defiantly shows the CPU is much more of a challenge after the patch ( not sure it is necessarily a fair challenge on hard though.)

+ CPU QB was much better. Went 25-42 for 329 yards with 4 tds and only 2 ints. Nice to see since my defense was over matched ratings wise in this game.

+ Liked the added plays. Saw a couple interesting ones on offense including a bubble screen which worked for a nice gain when I ran it.

+CPU playcalling was better and more unpredictable. They also seemed to start pounding the ball on the ground when they got the big lead. Only negative with their play calling was I still saw some draws on 3rd and long even before they got the big lead.

+ RB screens seemed more effective. Computer burned me when I blitzed on a couple and I had a couple for decent gains as well.

- WR's dropping balls with any hint of contact seemed as bad as some people were making it out to be. What ticked me off is it seemed that it was only happening to my WR's and not the CPU's. It was ridiculous how many balls my WR's dropped , made me feel like I could only throw to guys who were wide open by 5+ yards. It wouldn't be bad if it was mainly only hard hits or well placed hits that caused drops, but any kind of contact seemed to cause a drop.

- Run blocking for me and the CPU still seemed very poor. Their RB finished with 27 att and only 51 yards, my RB finished with 19 att and 23 yards. Way too many plays on both sides blown up for losses.

- Pass rush seemed incredible uneven. CPU sacked me 10 times ( seemed like the pass rush prepatch ). Their defense is also rated 14 points lower than Philly's offense which made the pass rush they were getting seem ridiculous to me. Meanwhile my team finished with 1 which was actually a result of their linemen backing into the QB on accident. My guys never even came close to him and all my blitzes were picked up perfectly it seemed.

The thing is I liked how the CPU's offense performed except in their running game which makes me hesitant to go down to medium ,even though hard seemed way too unbalanced towards the CPU. It felt like I was playing on All-Madden or something with the boosts the CPU seemed to have and the ridiculous amount of drops my team had.

# 45 DavonBrown @ 08/06/10 07:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEFTFUNDAMENTALZ
Davon, AI uses jukes. Playing a game right now, and the RB is juking me left and right, lol.
Good to hear. I've played 2 games so far and all I've seen them do is attempt a shoulder barge.

# 46 LingeringRegime @ 08/06/10 08:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavonBrown
Good to hear. I've played 2 games so far and all I've seen them do is attempt a shoulder barge.
Yeah, it just takes some time to see more. I just saw them do a spin move too. It has definitely been toned down a lot though.

# 47 bonannogiovanni @ 08/06/10 08:18 AM
Can you throw while scrambling now? Thanks.

# 48 jaosming @ 08/06/10 08:18 AM
i couldnt find the post but I need to apologize to someone

there are indeed faces underneath those visors (take a look with the free flying replay camera), I argued that there wasnt.

# 49 mgoblue678 @ 08/06/10 08:27 AM
Just saw a pretty sweet play. Threw the ball to an open WR running down the middle, and I was about to get into the endzone when the safety and cornerback hammered him to cause a fumble. The way it looked was just a thing of beauty, cb hit him low and the FS hit him high putting his helmet right on the ball. Good to see other players besides the qb fumble.

# 50 LingeringRegime @ 08/06/10 08:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoblue678
Just saw a pretty sweet play. Threw the ball to an open WR running down the middle, and I was about to get into the endzone when the safety and cornerback hammered him to cause a fumble. The way it looked was just a thing of beauty, cb hit him low and the FS hit him high putting his helmet right on the ball. Good to see other players besides the qb fumble.
Yeah, I saw something like that as well. My receiver caught the ball held it for about three seconds and got blasted by a safety. Helmet on ball, the ball went flying out of for a fumble. Looked great.

# 51 LingeringRegime @ 08/06/10 09:26 AM
Thought this was a good post from Todd the BB Head Developer...

Quote:
Hi Guys,

Lots of things affect the chance of a fumble, wet weather, juking, spinning, just caught a ball, etc... not to mention player attributes. Btw: cover-up reduces the chance...

Todd
It is nice to see that wet weather will increase the likelihood of fumbles. It is not merely a cosmetic difference.

# 52 jaosming @ 08/06/10 09:41 AM
Played Pats (me) vs Lions. Both QBs at around 50% completions

Does anyone else think they cranked up the overall game speed across the board? All the animations seem faster. Kicking and Punting animations are unrealistically sped up IMO.

Sacked twice, 1 sack for me on D. First sack was to see how long I actually have in the pocket, 2nd my O-Line just got hammered on the right side, safety got me untouched.

It took me 3 quarters to get used to the "WR drops", but I checked every single one of those drops and they all had helmet/hand on the ball before it was tucked. It actually worked out good for me, I threw an interception but jacked the safety with my TE for a fumble and got it back....pretty sweet. I had 2 other INTs, one was a stupid, stupid, decision, the 2nd one got deflected by Moss in the endzone, bounced off a defender, then a 2nd defender dove for it, got up, and started running with it (love this game).

The above INT happened after a nice 4th quarter drive with 30 seconds left down 6-3....this is my 2nd Backbreaker game ever with no TDs. (first being my still crappy rated (hording "cash") RTBB team against the 2nd league's all-stars, I won 8-6.)

IMO the patch shows more of the game's potential.....but still leaves a lot to be desired. Hopefully we can figure out what is going on with the custom teams and tweak the ratings for better catches.

# 53 mr_president @ 08/06/10 09:46 AM
for your 360 guys, how does the patch effect rosters edited with finns editor??

# 54 jaosming @ 08/06/10 09:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_president
for your 360 guys, how does the patch effect rosters edited with finns editor??
it was posted in the rosters section. if you goto the my teams screen, everything gets jumbled. if you dont, you dont have any issues.

# 55 rgp913 @ 08/06/10 10:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaosming
it was posted in the rosters section. if you goto the my teams screen, everything gets jumbled. if you dont, you dont have any issues.
So, if I set the depth chart or edit team uniforms or logo at all, does this effect all the ratings as well? Or is it just when I attempt to edit player ratings and such in game?

# 56 swanlee @ 08/06/10 10:35 AM
I'll be playing when I get home, so for you 360 guys that got the BBhighlights roster are you playing with their player ratings or your own?

I'm concerned as the roster file was done pre patch to tune down INT's, and sacks, and it had QB focus jacked up a little and now post patch those ratings will be off and may give some false impressions of what the patch does.

# 57 allBthere @ 08/06/10 10:42 AM
Happy with the patch, passing is wide open now.

2 negative things with super small sample size is that my game froze near the end of the 2nd quarter during a defensive audible and that my run game has completely disappeared. I've never been shut down like that since the game was new.

great patch overall though. Love the faster throwing animations and I went
6-7 throwing because of it, my only drop was my TE getting exploded mid-air during a catch attempt.

# 58 jaosming @ 08/06/10 10:46 AM
im still using bbhighlights

evidently we can edit depth charts in game and it wont change anything, but if you even touch the my teams screen you be screwed

# 59 alliance4g63 @ 08/06/10 12:57 PM
Before I finish reading all the impressions I just wanted to ask why everyone has a problem with the CPU running a draw on 3rd and long?

It is a safe play to call instead of trying to force a pass that may result in a turnover. NFL coaches make this call alot. Hell the Cowboys call it on almost EVERY 3rd and long.

# 60 rgp913 @ 08/06/10 01:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alliance4g63
Before I finish reading all the impressions I just wanted to ask why everyone has a problem with the CPU running a draw on 3rd and long?

It is a safe play to call instead of trying to force a pass that may result in a turnover. NFL coaches make this call alot. Hell the Cowboys call it on almost EVERY 3rd and long.
That's for sure. Speaking as a Cowboy fan, it's infuriating...

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.