Home
NHL 11 News Post

EA Sports have posted another NHL 11 blog. This one takes an in-depth look at the EA Sports Ultimate Hockey League.

Quote:
"The last point above about player types can impact their line chemistry. We decided that making solid lines makes sense to help chemistry but it is one of the smaller impacts. So having 3 Tough guy forwards on a line is not great for chemistry as they will not make a great line. Having a Sniper play with a Playmaker and Two Way Forward will give a small boost in chemistry. You will see that it is a minor effect but it makes sense and it doesn’t matter who is playing with in terms of talent just that the roles for the lines and defensive pairings make sense.

We have been playing the last little while and it is addictive to sit and try to get the best chemistry possible for your team as this will help your team on the ice as it will increase your team’s ratings if your chemistry is high. This is a good way to make a cheap line of CHL players with good chemistry able to perform much better against better opponents."

Game: NHL 11Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 36 - View All
NHL 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 jack1535 @ 08/06/10 12:04 AM
I might be wrong but it doesnt say you can pay for EA pucks.

# 2 tlp2007 @ 08/06/10 12:26 AM
This has got me pumped waiting for NHL 11, When I heard Ultimate team I wasnt excited but this is much more then just ultimate team. This make Be a GM even more in depth and playing online is just even more crazy! September cant come fast enough

# 3 The Visualizer @ 08/06/10 12:34 AM
this new mode keeps sounding better and better

# 4 onlybygrace @ 08/06/10 03:34 AM
I'll definitely look to get in on this...amazing depth.

# 5 SinisterAlex @ 08/06/10 03:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jack1535
I might be wrong but it doesnt say you can pay for EA pucks.
:O I think that would be a good thing no? This way you have to earn your cards instead of people purchasing pucks with real money.

# 6 GlennN @ 08/06/10 10:14 AM
Is the chemistry boost for making better lines just for this Ultimate Hockey card thing, or the game in general? I would love to have that in the game itself. As tip2007 said above, it would be a great addition to Be a GM mode!

# 7 Qb @ 08/06/10 10:36 AM
Great blog, much more detail than the first. I hope it gives everyone a better idea of what to expect. I understand it won't be everyone, but it's a very deep mode for those it does appeal to.

# 8 Qb @ 08/06/10 10:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by slapdinger69
This mode starts out with a pile of cards, is there a draft or you are just dealt a random hand of cards?

And are there duplicate cards? Or once you pick a player you are the only one with access to him till you trade him or let his contract run out?
1. I believe you start with a team of random cards.

2. Yes. Other people could have the same player(s) you do. But with the number of players available, it's unlikely teams will be to similar. Maybe a bored math whiz can calculate the odds with 4000+ cards...

PS - Not sure about purchasing card packs with real money. I thought that was an option, but maybe I just assumed it was. Need to get to the bottom of this...

# 9 Skeptikal @ 08/06/10 01:05 PM
I had almost no interest in Ultimate League when it was first announced, I never played FIFA so I thought it was just a gimmick mode to get more money out of people buying cards. I can't wait to play now though after seeing how in depth it is. I'm hoping you won't be able to buy cards so everyone has to earn them but I'll be surprised if you can't.

# 10 The Visualizer @ 08/06/10 01:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennN
Is the chemistry boost for making better lines just for this Ultimate Hockey card thing, or the game in general? I would love to have that in the game itself. As tip2007 said above, it would be a great addition to Be a GM mode!
don't see why they wouldn't put it in, if it affects gameplay on the ice in EAUHL the code for line chemistry can probably be easily copied over to Be a GM mode

# 11 PBlast @ 08/06/10 02:03 PM
Haha once again I'm at work and can't see this, would someone be a dear and PM me the article? :P

# 12 Lubey @ 08/06/10 08:25 PM
I was surprised no one liked this idea when it was announced. Didn't realize not many people were familiar with it. It was awesome in FIFA, and I expect it to be just as awesome in NHL. Seems like they're making it way more MP based, with a structured league system which is awesome.

Getting coins or whatever they're calling them in NHL is really addicting. This may take over EASHL as my most played mode. Not sure yet.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.