Home
NBA Elite 11 News Post

For those of you that can't view the videos from OS, check out and subscribe to the Youtube channel.

Game: NBA Elite 11Reader Score: 2/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 5 - View All
NBA Elite 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 Rocboyz101 @ 08/06/10 04:55 PM
So to be clear, artest won't do that dunk in game will he?

# 42 Da_Czar @ 08/06/10 05:07 PM
Bynum losing the ball was FRESH. I like how that looked. Also love the colors visually the game looks good. Very interested to see how far they are able to make it with 5 on 5 for year one.

# 43 BlackCloudDoggy @ 08/06/10 05:10 PM
Looks good. I hope they add some emotion for the bench guys after a big play. Glad that we're getting some vids and info out. Can't wait to play the demo.

# 44 RayDog253 @ 08/06/10 05:14 PM
Those were nice, when should we expect the next batch?

I hope Ron's dunk animation was a result of Ratings not being fully implemented yet. Everything else I thought was great, especially the block.

# 45 HoosierDaddy @ 08/06/10 05:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rEAnimator
I'm glad to see you noticed that Sheed was out of position and jumped late. Currently the simple logic I was referring to was checking the difference in height of the players hips at the point of contact. This gives an advantage to the dunker if he had been in the air for longer and the defender jumped late.

It also indirectly allows player height to play a role as well.

My intention is to make this height threshold a factor of the player ratings.
Could we possibly add an animation where the player doesn't contest if they're late and the hips location at the point of contact results in a bail out animation or turning their shoulder and ducking their head? Something similar to this ...

# 46 RayDog253 @ 08/06/10 05:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoosierDaddy
Could we possibly add an animation where the player doesn't contest if they're late and the hips location at the point of contact results in a bail out animation or turning their shoulder and ducking their head? Something similar to this ...

[img]
Oooow, That would be crazy. I'd like to see that, something like this would be nice.

# 47 rEAnimator @ 08/06/10 05:26 PM
Quote:

Yes, we have that in as well

# 48 gamerkid421 @ 08/06/10 05:27 PM
man i'm really considering buying both games.... this will only continue to get better as long as both game try to challenge eachother go 2k go ea!!!

# 49 RayDog253 @ 08/06/10 05:28 PM
Quote:
That's great. I can't wait to see this in game.

# 50 HoosierDaddy @ 08/06/10 05:29 PM
Quote:
Must've been added in after we left community day

Awesome news!

# 51 rEAnimator @ 08/06/10 05:45 PM
Quote:
Must've been added in after we left community day

Awesome news!
You have no idea. We've added A LOT since community day.

Defense alone is night and day.

Hope you guys like it.

# 52 CS10029 @ 08/06/10 05:49 PM
Quote:
You have no idea. We've added A LOT since community day.

Defense alone is night and day.

Hope you guys like it.
This gives me butterflies, I'm so gay for this game.

# 53 Piccaso @ 08/06/10 05:51 PM
ooooooooooooooooooo weeeeeeee, This is what im looking forward too cant wait, whats that 2 more months !!!!!!!

# 54 SacKings1999 @ 08/06/10 06:14 PM
I agree about the Artest over Wallace dunk being realistic (if it would have been a simpler style dunk and not from as far away). I'm so glad that things like jumping early / late, and momentum, etc... will have an impact. I think sometimes guys forget that some of the best shot blockers in league history got dunked on here and there. The fact that Elite 11 will leave this possibility in the game if you get the timing right with a fairly strong player is just awesome!

# 55 da ThRONe @ 08/06/10 06:26 PM
I have more optimism for an EA Baskeball game this year then I have ever before.

# 56 Rob. D @ 08/06/10 06:44 PM
Nice clips, there was one thing I didn't like about the block play. The teammate of the player who blocked the shot was right behind him yet he didnt go for the rebound just kinda turned away. Once varejao(l think) got the rebound he turns around. I know its early but this has me worried about rebounding. Just seems like the players are never following the ball or maybe the awareness has something to do with it.

# 57 apManila24 @ 08/06/10 06:50 PM
I like the graphics and the new physics based engine, but artest cant dunk like that. Sheed wud have fouled artest or blocked that. Also i did not like that bynum just stood there looking at the crowd when artest went for the dunk. He shud have been staring at artest instead of the crowd. NBA players do not stare at the crowd when someone goes in for a ferocious dunk. Make this more realistic before release.

# 58 pdawg17 @ 08/06/10 07:33 PM
This game is definitely going in the right direction...one problem I had with last year's game though has nothing to do with the physics engine...

On the second clip where the layup gets blocked, the defensive guard is following the play and does not make any attempt to go after the ball...this lack of "ball awareness" was a problem last year...hopefully it has been tweaked some since these vids were done...

# 59 rEAnimator @ 08/06/10 07:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomzenns
The way Ray Allen pick up the ball after Bynum loses it is what makes me the most excited.
I'm glad you noticed that.

The only reason we can do things like these missed dribbles, deflections and all the other times the ball pops loose into physics is because we completely re-implemented the pickup system.

I'm glad that hard work is appreciated here. The guy who worked on that feature will be pleased to hear it.

# 60 videobastard @ 08/06/10 07:48 PM
I like the bynum turnover. This game is headed in the right direction.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.