Home
NHL 2K11 News Post

2KHockey.net has posted some exclusive screenshots from NHL 2K11, featuring the winter classic.

Quote:
"Today we have a few exclusive screenshots showing off the Winter Classic mode. NHL 2K11 is the only game this year to have a playable Winter Classic, and you can now set it up right from the main menu. In addition to quick game, franchise mode, online play, tournament and playoffs, you can simply select “Winter Classic” to play a game between Boston and Philadelphia at Fenway Park.

Last year’s Winter Classic is also available — in addition to the 2010 game at Fenway, you may set your quick game options to play Detroit vs. Chicago at Wrigley Field. Both events feature authentic uniforms and fully-rendered outdoor rinks."

Game: NHL 2K11Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iPhone / WiiVotes for game: 8 - View All
NHL 2K11 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Money99 @ 08/09/10 02:14 PM
I have to say, those pics look really nice.

If the gameplay is nice, I can see me owning all 3 games this year. Bye-bye funds!

# 2 JimmyDeicide @ 08/09/10 03:24 PM
What is this 3rd game you talk about?

# 3 stlstudios189 @ 08/09/10 04:53 PM
looks mice man. if I get a wii this wil be my hockey game

# 4 MiNiDiTkA @ 08/09/10 07:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyDeicide
What is this 3rd game you talk about?
My guess would be

1.NHL 2K11
2.NHL 11
3.NHL Slapshot

# 5 Money99 @ 08/09/10 08:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiNiDiTkA
My guess would be

1.NHL 2K11
2.NHL 11
3.NHL Slapshot
That's correct. I love NHL Slapshot's look and controls as well as the Pee-wee to Pro.
But 2K11 has some offerings I'm very interested as well.

And of course, I'll have NHL11 for my next-gen fix.
I better finish Red Dead Redemption before September rolls around.

# 6 MiNiDiTkA @ 08/09/10 08:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
That's correct. I love NHL Slapshot's look and controls as well as the Pee-wee to Pro.
But 2K11 has some offerings I'm very interested as well.

And of course, I'll have NHL11 for my next-gen fix.
I better finish Red Dead Redemption before September rolls around.
I'm considering getting all three as well

# 7 Rattler17 @ 08/17/10 03:41 PM
While the SS does look impressive i am curious why the stands are empty and the biggest question is how can the hockey team at 2k manage to capture and render Fenway Stadium far better then that of the actual 2k baseball game?? I find that quite amusing.

# 8 Fiddy @ 08/17/10 06:28 PM
both winter classic stadiums were ported over from the wii baseball game..

thats why ralph wilson stadium is now out.

# 9 aloncho11 @ 08/17/10 06:44 PM
Awesomeness.

# 10 Shadow71 @ 08/18/10 12:01 AM
I'm just happy we finally had the sense to make give it its own menu option this year. It was always kind of hidden before in the quick game settings menu. Now it's essentially two button presses right off the main screen to play the Winter Classic, with the correct teams and uniforms. So yeah, hopefully there is some Philly/Boston fans who will appreciate it.

# 11 Money99 @ 08/18/10 11:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow71
I'm just happy we finally had the sense to make give it its own menu option this year. It was always kind of hidden before in the quick game settings menu. Now it's essentially two button presses right off the main screen to play the Winter Classic, with the correct teams and uniforms. So yeah, hopefully there is some Philly/Boston fans who will appreciate it.
Not sure you can say this Shadow, but are all the previous Winter Classic jersey's in the game? Could I recreate the Buf-Pit or Det-Chi games?

# 12 bosshog78 @ 08/23/10 05:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattler17
While the SS does look impressive i am curious why the stands are empty and the biggest question is how can the hockey team at 2k manage to capture and render Fenway Stadium far better then that of the actual 2k baseball game?? I find that quite amusing.
This is the most accurate statement i've seen in a while. Rather funny isn't it.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.