Home
NBA Elite 11 News Post

For those of you that can't view the videos from OS, check out and subscribe to the OS Youtube channel.

Game: NBA Elite 11Reader Score: 2/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 5 - View All
NBA Elite 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 inkpimp007 @ 08/11/10 10:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bls
Yeah man I think they should have just stuck with Live 09 and built off of that, they had a great foundation with that game especially with the foot planting. Could have been close to catching up with 2k by now.
where in the video did he say this was a final build? you guys would be crying "we want to see some game play" if they kept all these WIPs under lock and key. So we get to basically see the making of the title in progress and you bitch and complain about where it's at. And the constant "it looks just like" comments just prove an inability to see the obvious changes, subtle or drastic which just leads one to think you wouldn't be happy with the game period.

I don't what needs to happen for some people to get it, maybe it's really EA's fault for not having a statement at the beginning of each clip explaining the game is NOT complete with all feature added.

# 102 inkpimp007 @ 08/11/10 10:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcras7
The second video showing collision is stupid because it is unrealistic you purposely put in wrong data to get a desired result, why don't you actually put in there real stats and let us see the results.
I'd have to say you clearly missed the whole point of his demo..... the numbers were exaggerated to a more clear and drastic effect of how the physics work. So basically he was explaining this in the most obvious way for you to see and understand and YOU still missed while calling it stupid. LMAO!

# 103 terminator t22 @ 08/11/10 01:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by inkpimp007
where in the video did he say this was a final build? you guys would be crying "we want to see some game play" if they kept all these WIPs under lock and key. So we get to basically see the making of the title in progress and you bitch and complain about where it's at. And the constant "it looks just like" comments just prove an inability to see the obvious changes, subtle or drastic which just leads one to think you wouldn't be happy with the game period.

I don't what needs to happen for some people to get it, maybe it's really EA's fault for not having a statement at the beginning of each clip explaining the game is NOT complete with all feature added.
what about the big a** sign that say WIP "work in progress" dont see how people miss that lol

# 104 P-Dub @ 08/11/10 03:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by İroke
Does this means that the same alley-oop animation may look a little bit different every time depending on the pass?
Quote:
Originally Posted by rEAnimator
Yes, that's correct.
That sounds awesome. Please talk to the developer in charge of the IK tech and see if he can apply that to layups and dunks. For instance, applying it to layups could allow for a player to avoid being blocked by a defender's shot contest by adjusting his arm away from the contest, making canned layups look different each time they play out. On dunks, it could be used to target the rim and make dunks look different every time. I know I have asked it before with the "blend-spaces" tech but this sounds a bit different.

# 105 b_ball23 @ 08/11/10 09:21 PM
Will weight, size, strength, and player ratings matter in this game and will the awareness and position defense improve??

# 106 HMcCoy @ 08/12/10 03:25 AM
I really like the steps towards realistic physics, and I applaud these guys for keeping us abreast of what they're aiming for.

My problem with all these vids is the lack of off-ball awareness. Too many players not directly involved in a play stumbling around doing zombie-like things. Like the guard in vid#2 not boxing out or even recognizing the rebound, or PP swatting at air 3 feet away from the play.

In vid 4, lets skip the fact that theres no way Calderon would be flattened on that deliberate a screen...but even worse, theres no reaction to the free ball handler whatsoever. If the PG would have pulled up, he could have taken a three or an 18-footer with nary a defender within 6 feet. Maybe his jumpshot rating is terrible and they were using the Rondo shift? I dunno, this is still WIP, but until the PG makes a drive towards the basket, none of the defenders even budge towards him until the worst choice, AB, abandons all reason and/or defensive fundamentals and runs to body him up at the stripe? That's a blocking call, son.

Likewise under the basket, two defenders could have made a play on that lob...the guy who picks up the cutter is facing the passer and actually turns away from a ball he could have easily reached up and nabbed, as another defender leaves Peja in the corner and makes a mad dash for the middle of the paint to: Go double the PG? No. Help defend the rim? No. He actually just runs to the stripe in a defensive stance. WTF? And why does Peja leave the corner to follow the defender?

This series continues to make great strides in some areas, but the overall AI continues to be a huge opportunity for improvement, IMO.

# 107 rEAnimator @ 08/12/10 03:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HMcCoy
I really like the steps towards realistic physics, and I applaud these guys for keeping us abreast of what they're aiming for.

My problem with all these vids is the lack of off-ball awareness. Too many players not directly involved in a play stumbling around doing zombie-like things. Like the guard in vid#2 not boxing out or even recognizing the rebound, or PP swatting at air 3 feet away from the play.

In vid 4, lets skip the fact that theres no way Calderon would be flattened on that deliberate a screen...but even worse, theres no reaction to the free ball handler whatsoever. If the PG would have pulled up, he could have taken a three or an 18-footer with nary a defender within 6 feet. Maybe his jumpshot rating is terrible and they were using the Rondo shift? I dunno, this is still WIP, but until the PG makes a drive towards the basket, none of the defenders even budge towards him until the worst choice, AB, abandons all reason and/or defensive fundamentals and runs to body him up at the stripe? That's a blocking call, son.

Likewise under the basket, two defenders could have made a play on that lob...the guy who picks up the cutter is facing the passer and actually turns away from a ball he could have easily reached up and nabbed, as another defender leaves Peja in the corner and makes a mad dash for the middle of the paint to: Go double the PG? No. Help defend the rim? No. He actually just runs to the stripe in a defensive stance. WTF? And why does Peja leave the corner to follow the defender?

This series continues to make great strides in some areas, but the overall AI continues to be a huge opportunity for improvement, IMO.
I think this is all very valid feedback. I appreciate this style of critique very much.

I can tell you there's no way we'll fix all of these problems this year, but we will be able to address some.

Thanks.

# 108 HoosierDaddy @ 08/12/10 08:11 AM
Surely, there has to be some type of fix that can be implemented for off-ball awareness. Players within a certain distance of the ball jump for the block (see Pierce video) .... I've always thought the help-side defense or even awareness needed some tuning, appears that many of the players just stand around and don't even turn their head to look at the ball or get into position against the ball handler who has beaten their defender. HMcCoy is right, this continues to be an issue. Hopefully something can be done to alleviate some of these issues.

On a sidenote, LOL at the Magic/Bird/Jordan avatar.

# 109 HMcCoy @ 08/13/10 03:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rEAnimator
I think this is all very valid feedback. I appreciate this style of critique very much.

I can tell you there's no way we'll fix all of these problems this year, but we will be able to address some.

Thanks.
Cool. I imagine that if the ball is now loose like NHL's puck, the next logical step is a focus on nuetral or idle players awareness and reaction to that ball in space.

Good luck.

# 110 turftickler @ 08/13/10 09:17 AM
The game looks good, but why is everyone running full speed. There seems to be no variable acceleration; just slow and fast, which is too much of an arcade style game to me. Hopefully, they will address that if they want us to feel the difference between all of the players through weight, momentum, balance, and speed, not just speed.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.