Home
Madden NFL 11 News Post

How the success from NCAA to Madden got lost in translation I don't know. But we now know NCAA is the best playing football game ever with Madden trailing it in just about every category on the gameplay front, albeit slightly. Madden is still fun to play on the field, and if you don't own Madden NFL 10 and if you are an NFL fan, this is a no brainer of a purchase. Madden NFL 11 is the best Madden yet on next-gen consoles, which is how it should be. However, if you are a casual football fan then NCAA is the best option for you -- unless you hate the college game. Madden is solid, above average, and definitely not a bad game. It's just not great, and people expect nothing less.

Read More - Chris' Madden NFL 11 Review

Game: Madden NFL 11Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 96 - View All
Madden NFL 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Randiesel75 @ 08/09/10 07:55 PM
@NBASLAM2001 - Although I have never had issues (not yet) with my NCAA 11 OD, I do understand there are some issues that plague some ODs to the point they are unplayable. However, when its working, you have to admit it is light years ahead of Madden. The focus on Madden this year was game play, which is why the franchise mode has had no refresh, which it so desperately needs.

# 22 PantherBeast_OS @ 08/09/10 08:10 PM
Chris nice review bro. You didn't over do it and didn't under do it. You was straight to the point and direct with with your review. Most sites will just ramble on about this and that. But didn't see you mention anything about gameflow/gameplan. But that's okay. You went to the heart of the matter which was gameplay and locomotion. Why Gameflow was one of the biggest features this year for madden 11. I think locomotion was the biggest one of them all. I like your opinion on the special team blocking and all. Tho I did have one kick return for a TD in the demo. Punt return blocking is somewhat awful. But overall bro good review. Enjoy it very much.

# 23 PantherBeast_OS @ 08/09/10 08:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randiesel
Chris, nice write-up. Much of the stuff touched on last night during the call.

Rashad, I am not seeing this, at least not in the demo when playing the Jets. After consistent runs I am nervous to call any PA as I am usually sacked. Like someone touched upon in one of the reviews, part of this is with the user view. By the time the WR HUD is up, it often too late for me to make any good decisions.
Well in the demo I didn't have that much trouble getting sack when doing PA. The AI would get to me sometimes when I did PA. But most of the time my Oline pretty much did their job blocking the AI long enough for me to find a WR or throw it away. PA on madden 11 demo is no where near as bad as it is in ncaa 11. In NCAA 11 when you do a PA. Most of the time the AI will be right on top of you ready to sack you before the aniamation is done for you to throw it. So I would take madden 11 demo PA over NCAA PA any day of the week. But like Chris said in his review. This is something that can be patched if EA finds it been a hugh problem with fans complaining about it.

# 24 Dixie353 @ 08/10/10 09:21 AM
Great review, I own NCAA 11 and played the finished version of Madden 11 over a week now. (I have connections) and I must agree with Chris NCAA is far better an experience than Madden 11. I agree with your evaluation of the Franchise Modes - stale and out dated. I do like the additions - Crowd chants, Coordinator cams, replay cams (although NCAA has better reply cams in my opinion), surprise there was no half time show? 2K had the full presentation package why can't Madden?

# 25 UNC_Pete @ 08/10/10 09:45 AM
Great review but if you want the best on the field gameplay pop in APF 2k8..

# 26 BezO @ 08/10/10 10:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FootballForever
I was just getting at the review part. I mean I had the game early too, but not long enough to review it, only to base my opinion so far. I think you should have a game for at least 2 weeks before a real solid review.
I knew how I felt about the game a few minutes into my first game... well gameplay any way. I know what I'm looking for, so it doesn't take long to see if it's there or not.

I can see needing a little more time for franshise, online play, ect, but 2 weeks? Why so?

# 27 blackscorpion11 @ 08/12/10 03:22 PM
This series is like a broken record whose needle has been skipping since 2005.. Over haul it,

As an nfl fan , this game is a no brainer only because there are no other nfl games to buy! LONG LIVE NCAA..

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.