Home
NCAA Football 11 News Post

Just received a patch for NCAA Football 11.

Will update this post when an official fix list has been revealed, but until then, here are a few things that were possibly fixed, based on the NCAA Football 11 blog, a while back.

What are you seeing?

UPDATE: Based off feedback. Patch for NCAA Football 11, seems to have an issue with player attributes not updating, after training. (This could be a 360 only issue, still testing)

UPDATE #2: New tuner update fixes the progression issue on 360.

UPDATE #3: Post your impressions here.

Quote:
"-- RANDOM PLAY ACTION CRAZINESS - Sure it looks funny, but annoying as heck when it costs you a drive or a game. We're sorry we missed this one as well and apologize for the issue.

-- SEASON SHOWDOWN STATS REPORTING - The season showdown warning is harmless right now and this issue and related lobby problems ultimately get fixed with the update.

-- UNIFORMS THAT NEVER NEED WASHING - This is one of the more painful ones for us given all the work on visuals this year. The game actually does degrade uniforms; unfortunately we broke something in a final build that made the impact way too subtle. Consider this one solved with the update. And we want you to know that we've really been enjoying the great "Art of NCAA Football" threads. It's clear we have some incredible photographic talent in our community! So I expect things will go next-level when the update rolls out."

Game: NCAA Football 11Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iPhone / PS2 / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 83 - View All
NCAA Football 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 181 kt-od @ 08/11/10 10:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pongsona
Well, I just played 5 min quarter, and CPU got called for a pass interference 3 times. I have the slider set to 100. Prior to the patch, CPU got called for a pass interference once in every 15 games or so. So, maybe they did tweak it a little.
Sweet!! Thanks for the reply Pongsona

# 182 ndfan1993 @ 08/11/10 10:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Unit40
CPU version of Josh Nesbitt still runs the triple option (GaTech) like a selfish knucklehead.
Do you blame him?

# 183 goalie @ 08/11/10 10:30 AM
i am going to get on later and see what happens, but i am excited.

keep telling us what you are seeing, that will hold me over till later...

# 184 blkprince04 @ 08/11/10 10:30 AM
yes i typed in the code because i do have tuner set 1, but i didn't recieve a second tuner set yet.......

# 185 youALREADYknow @ 08/11/10 10:30 AM
CPU HB's now turn Stretch plays outside to the hash marks. This was a positive sight for me.

They still do not run to open space in most situations though and will generally choose to run North/South until they are impeded by blockers or men on the ground. Maybe this will require additional tuning in future Tuner Sets.

I've noticed the largest difference in Kick/Punt returns by the CPU. They now actually move East/West and evade defenders instead of running straight into the coverage.

CPU QB's still seem to scramble North/South only, not like you would expect a mobile QB in the Vick/Pryor/Griffin mold. Still, I haven't tested enough to know whether certain QB's are different now.

One thing I do believe: Sliders will need to be adjusted post-patch.

# 186 lilloreo @ 08/11/10 10:31 AM
This is really great news as a 360 owner!!! This patch sounds like the real deal if everything said is included...personally the bad news is that I just started Mass Effect 2 'cause I didn't expect the patch this soon!!! Now I don't know what to do?!?!? LOL

Just a great day!!! Can't wait to get home and play sumthin'!!!

# 187 J-Unit40 @ 08/11/10 10:31 AM
Running playaction seems a heckuva lot better. I haven't been sacked immediately once yet.

# 188 Rebel10 @ 08/11/10 10:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoblue678
Did you put in the code for the online pass thing that came with the game the game?
This sort of brings up an interesting point.

Microsoft requires that you get Title Updates if a game is patched, you are forced to get them. But, if you don't have EA Online Pass, then you will not get the tuners. And, from how it sounds, progression and training results are totally borked without the tuners and WITH the patch. So, will this functionally kill the game for anybody who buys the game w/o buying EA online pass?

Now, I bought retail so I have it... but still.. worth asking.

# 189 Beastly Wayz @ 08/11/10 10:33 AM
Let's All Pray that it fixes the Play Action B.S. Since I updated the first Patch it seems worse, Ace Formation Play Action, runs all the way back till I button mash then he lobs the ball in the air, which typically is picked off, Killing my Stats, ha

# 190 Pongsona @ 08/11/10 10:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel10
This sort of brings up an interesting point.

Microsoft requires that you get Title Updates if a game is patched, you are forced to get them. But, if you don't have EA Online Pass, then you will not get the tuners. And, from how it sounds, progression and training results are totally borked without the tuners and WITH the patch. So, will this functionally kill the game for anybody who buys the game w/o buying EA online pass?

Now, I bought retail so I have it... but still.. worth asking.
I would say so. Training progression was COMPLETELY broken prior to the 2nd tuning set. I know you can't get tuner updates without EA Online Pass, so yeah..

# 191 blkprince04 @ 08/11/10 10:36 AM
do you have to type the code in a second time to recieve tuner set 2 ?

# 192 deebo2246 @ 08/11/10 10:36 AM
I just received a tuning update with my patch anyone know what that was for?

# 193 Pongsona @ 08/11/10 10:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deebo2246
I just received a tuning update with my patch anyone know what that was for?
For 360, it "fixed" the training progression. But, I'm sure it came with other minor tweaks.

# 194 poopoop @ 08/11/10 10:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blkprince04
do you have to type the code in a second time to recieve tuner set 2 ?
No. You only need to enter the online pass once.

# 195 youALREADYknow @ 08/11/10 10:39 AM
Well.... the protect ball in the open field still exists.

A FSU linebacker just recovered a fumble, had 70 yards of open field with nobody in sight... and went into protect ball mode for 20 yards while getting caught from behind by an offensive lineman.

Maybe they just eliminated this for HBs which would make zero sense.

Also, the Read Option play is still utterly useless and broken.

# 196 deebo2246 @ 08/11/10 10:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pongsona
For 360, it "fixed" the training progression. But, I'm sure it came with other minor tweaks.
Thanks alot for the insight. I tested the play action in practice mode and it works a hundred times better.

# 197 youALREADYknow @ 08/11/10 10:47 AM
Another thing very apparent is that defender pursuit has been ramped up a ton. I'm running toss plays and the defenders are across the LOS before my HB catches the pitch from the QB.

I'm assuming this was done to lower the effectiveness of the user outside running, but the CPU is going to be hopeless outside of the hash marks without slider adjustments. Just an FYI for those using custom sliders for the CPU.

# 198 youALREADYknow @ 08/11/10 10:48 AM
And Play Action blocking hasn't been fixed. I've seen 4 PA pass plays and 3 resulted in sacks before the QB finished the fake handoff animation.

# 199 MrMayface @ 08/11/10 10:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by youALREADYknow
Whats the matter with the Read Option play? Thats actually my money play with Skylar Jones of Wake Forest.

# 200 Ramminyou @ 08/11/10 10:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by youALREADYknow
Well.... the protect ball in the open field still exists.

A FSU linebacker just recovered a fumble, had 70 yards of open field with nobody in sight... and went into protect ball mode for 20 yards while getting caught from behind by an offensive lineman.

Maybe they just eliminated this for HBs which would make zero sense.

I had a Kansas DE return a fumble for 60 against me and he didn't do the protect ball once, so I don't know what to say. Maybe your guy was just really out of his element.

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.