Home
NCAA Football 11 News Post

Just received a patch for NCAA Football 11.

Will update this post when an official fix list has been revealed, but until then, here are a few things that were possibly fixed, based on the NCAA Football 11 blog, a while back.

What are you seeing?

UPDATE: Based off feedback. Patch for NCAA Football 11, seems to have an issue with player attributes not updating, after training. (This could be a 360 only issue, still testing)

UPDATE #2: New tuner update fixes the progression issue on 360.

UPDATE #3: Post your impressions here.

Quote:
"-- RANDOM PLAY ACTION CRAZINESS - Sure it looks funny, but annoying as heck when it costs you a drive or a game. We're sorry we missed this one as well and apologize for the issue.

-- SEASON SHOWDOWN STATS REPORTING - The season showdown warning is harmless right now and this issue and related lobby problems ultimately get fixed with the update.

-- UNIFORMS THAT NEVER NEED WASHING - This is one of the more painful ones for us given all the work on visuals this year. The game actually does degrade uniforms; unfortunately we broke something in a final build that made the impact way too subtle. Consider this one solved with the update. And we want you to know that we've really been enjoying the great "Art of NCAA Football" threads. It's clear we have some incredible photographic talent in our community! So I expect things will go next-level when the update rolls out."

Game: NCAA Football 11Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iPhone / PS2 / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 83 - View All
NCAA Football 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 141 nevadawp @ 08/11/10 09:39 AM
Didn't fix the WAC schedule. Grrrrrr!

# 142 swanny @ 08/11/10 09:40 AM
I started a thread with full patch details. Check it out!

# 143 Pongsona @ 08/11/10 09:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcpheje
Are there other things fixed as well? Such as dirty uniforms.
I'll check that right now.

# 144 spfhelmiii @ 08/11/10 09:41 AM
Whew. Awesome news. With these things fixed, NCAA 2011 is THE FOOTBALL GAME this year. Played Madden last night, and while it has a better passing game and smoother movements, I think NCAA is a bit more fun to play due to a more wide-out and dynamic running game (slightly) and a Dynasty mode (especially SP Online) that dwarfs Madden's outdated Franchise mode.

# 145 nstod @ 08/11/10 09:41 AM
Guys, what most likely happened with the patch/tuner set is that the patch changed some code that allowed the tuner to modify something in progression that couldn't be modified before the patch. But without the tuner, that value would be set at some default value (which I guess was 0).

# 146 poopoop @ 08/11/10 09:41 AM
Wait wait, so people who didn't use their online pass are gonna downoad the second patch not get any offseason progression and not be able to download the tuner?

hahahahah @ those people.

# 147 Mr.Wednesday @ 08/11/10 09:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pongsona
OH MY GOD.. IT IS FIXED.
Good looking out Pong.

# 148 youALREADYknow @ 08/11/10 09:42 AM
I'm starting to think that this was "designed" to be included in the tuner set, NOT the patch.

Here's the quote from the Tuner Set blog:

"Some additional LTP changes will not be put into place until after Title Update 2 (currently estimate is in Mid-August). More details to follow, but we expect to address items such as Kicker and Awareness Progression."

I wonder if the tuner sets are going to fix more issues than the patches in this year's game.

If that is the case, then maybe some of the gameplay fixes were also put into the tuner set. I'm hoping that was the case.

# 149 youALREADYknow @ 08/11/10 09:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by poopoop
Wait wait, so people who didn't use their online pass are gonna downoad the second patch not get any offseason progression and not be able to download the tuner?

hahahahah @ those people.
Never thought of that. OUCH.

# 150 mgoblue678 @ 08/11/10 09:44 AM
Judging by the other thread I think it was more that the tuner and patch needed to be to used to together to work properly. I don't think it was a case of them immediately coming up with a tuner to fix the patch. From how extensive the list is for the tuner changes I don't see how that would be possible.

On a side note, the ball carrier issue was on the list of things tuned which is great.

Question though about the tuner, this new one would still include the changes to the generated recruits that was in the first one correct?

# 151 seawolves9 @ 08/11/10 09:46 AM
Not sure if it was like this before the patch/tuner, but in year 2 of dynasty, there's 15 true freshman with 99 acceleration? I haven't started an offline dynasty yet with NCAA 11 because I haven't found the right team/playbook match, but after simming to see if progression was fixed, I went to look at the overall rosters and there's a ton of people with 99 acceleration.. So I'm just curious if this is anything new..

# 152 Solidice @ 08/11/10 09:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalecooper
Wait, just to be clear: a new tuner set came out and it fixed the patch? (LOL)
or, they were made to work together. PS3 got the tuner as well, I think?

# 153 dalecooper @ 08/11/10 09:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dopeboy206
Anyone knows if they fix the no huddles? Once the ball is placed after a complete pass or running play the clock should keep moving. We shouldn't have to wait for the QB and offense to line up. That is one of my biggest gripe.

Anyone knows if this has been fixed?
Agreed, that is obnoxious. It gives teams trying to make a last second comeback several more plays than they really should have.

# 154 Pongsona @ 08/11/10 09:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by seawolves9
Not sure if it was like this before the patch/tuner, but in year 2 of dynasty, there's 15 true freshman with 99 acceleration? I haven't started an offline dynasty yet with NCAA 11 because I haven't found the right team/playbook match, but after simming to see if progression was fixed, I went to look at the overall rosters and there's a ton of people with 99 acceleration.. So I'm just curious if this is anything new..
Actually, I noticed the increase in speed/acceleration of incoming recruits after the 1st tuning set.

# 155 rudyjuly2 @ 08/11/10 09:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
Hope so. Only got the patch at 5:30 this morning. No tuner at that time. Can't wait to play tonight though.

# 156 Solidice @ 08/11/10 09:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
Hope so. Only got the patch at 5:30 this morning. No tuner at that time. Can't wait to play tonight though.
the tuner just came out, like 10-20 minutes ago.

# 157 J-Unit40 @ 08/11/10 09:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
PS3 got the tuner update as well. You're good rudy.

# 158 BigBoi23 @ 08/11/10 09:57 AM
So this sounds like the greatest patch ever released.

# 159 ps2king @ 08/11/10 09:58 AM
So progression is truly fixed this time?

# 160 seawolves9 @ 08/11/10 09:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ps2king
So progression is truly fixed this time?
Yup! All fixed..

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.