Home
NCAA Football 11 News Post

Just received a patch for NCAA Football 11.

Will update this post when an official fix list has been revealed, but until then, here are a few things that were possibly fixed, based on the NCAA Football 11 blog, a while back.

What are you seeing?

UPDATE: Based off feedback. Patch for NCAA Football 11, seems to have an issue with player attributes not updating, after training. (This could be a 360 only issue, still testing)

UPDATE #2: New tuner update fixes the progression issue on 360.

UPDATE #3: Post your impressions here.

Quote:
"-- RANDOM PLAY ACTION CRAZINESS - Sure it looks funny, but annoying as heck when it costs you a drive or a game. We're sorry we missed this one as well and apologize for the issue.

-- SEASON SHOWDOWN STATS REPORTING - The season showdown warning is harmless right now and this issue and related lobby problems ultimately get fixed with the update.

-- UNIFORMS THAT NEVER NEED WASHING - This is one of the more painful ones for us given all the work on visuals this year. The game actually does degrade uniforms; unfortunately we broke something in a final build that made the impact way too subtle. Consider this one solved with the update. And we want you to know that we've really been enjoying the great "Art of NCAA Football" threads. It's clear we have some incredible photographic talent in our community! So I expect things will go next-level when the update rolls out."

Game: NCAA Football 11Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iPhone / PS2 / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 83 - View All
NCAA Football 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 161 woody56 @ 08/11/10 09:59 AM
So what did the #2 tuner do besides fix the patch?

# 162 mgoblue678 @ 08/11/10 09:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pongsona
Actually, I noticed the increase in speed/acceleration of incoming recruits after the 1st tuning set.
Hmmm, not sure I like the sound of that. Not sure I want a situation where most of the players are speed burners. To me there were other ratings of recruits that needed to be tuned more so than speed/acc.

# 163 Pongsona @ 08/11/10 10:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcpheje
Are there other things fixed as well? Such as dirty uniforms.
Yep. I just played one game and noticed uniform degradation.

# 164 edaddy @ 08/11/10 10:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoblue678
Judging by the other thread I think it was more that the tuner and patch needed to be to used to together to work properly. I don't think it was a case of them immediately coming up with a tuner to fix the patch. From how extensive the list is for the tuner changes I don't see how that would be possible.

On a side note, the ball carrier issue was on the list of things tuned which is great.

Question though about the tuner, this new one would still include the changes to the generated recruits that was in the first one correct?
So have you noticed a difference in CPU running

# 165 mgoblue678 @ 08/11/10 10:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by edaddy
So have you noticed a difference in CPU running
Haven't played a game yet, but it was on the list of things tuned in the other thread.

# 166 youALREADYknow @ 08/11/10 10:09 AM
Quote:
Haven't played a game yet, but it was on the list of things tuned in the other thread.
About to start up a Coach Mode game, so we'll see:

"- Tuned the CPU ball carrier so that they will break to the outside more often when appropriate
- Tuned how the CPU ball carriers utilize leans and special moves so that they won’t be called in situations when they shouldn’t be used (e.g. a HB in the open field will not put his shoulders down when running forward)"

# 167 IndyBronco @ 08/11/10 10:10 AM
xbox 360-got prompted for update and did it. 1st game this morning after getting the patch-my qb fumbled everytime he scrambled (3 times), CPU hb ran hunched over even in the open, 6 passes knocked down at the line of scrimmage, AWR of my D seemed affected but no way to measure (maybe just a bad game for my D), PA where the qb runs backwards for 30 yards, and increased fumbles for everyone.

I had been offline until the tuner/patch came out so that i could avoid having busted recruits in my dynasty but now that i got connected to the internet, all those things happened so now i am trying to decide between busted gameplay or busted recruits.

# 168 youALREADYknow @ 08/11/10 10:10 AM
If they deliver on all of the things listed in that Blog entry, then kudos to the EA-NCAA team. That's what a patch is supposed to look like.

# 169 blkprince04 @ 08/11/10 10:11 AM
i got the update but no tuner set yet, unless they downloaded together dunno......

# 170 kt-od @ 08/11/10 10:12 AM
I was really hoping to see something about penalty sliders being more sensitive. However, this update is awesome. Can't wait to get home tonight and download this. Great job, EA!

# 171 georgiafan @ 08/11/10 10:16 AM
So the day I get my ps3 back after it tearing up for the past 2 weeks I also get the patch/tuners. Thats what I'm talking about

# 172 DJ @ 08/11/10 10:16 AM
So is the blog by Russ a combination of what is in Patch #2 and the second Tuner Set? I see people mentioning a new tuner set, but haven't seen any notes on that yet.

NCAA dev. team really deserves a pat on the back this year. They have stepped their game up in a major way and after being very critical of the series the past 4 years, I for one am very pleased with this year's product and post-release support.

# 173 mgoblue678 @ 08/11/10 10:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djwlfpack
So is the blog by Russ a combination of what is in Patch #2 and the second Tuner Set? I see people mentioning a new tuner set, but haven't seen any notes on that yet.

NCAA dev. team really deserves a pat on the back this year. They have stepped their game up in a major way and after being very critical of the series the past 4 years, I for one am very pleased with this year's product and post-release support.
I would assume the big list in the other thread is probably what was in the tuner while the changes like dirty uniforms were in the patch. Don't know that for sure, but that would seem logical to me.

# 174 Rebel10 @ 08/11/10 10:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
for 360, the new tuner update 'fixes' the progression.
Okay, this is good.

The top post should be amended with this little tidbit... because all I read was that and then the first page posts and almost lost my breakfast over it.

# 175 TreyIM2 @ 08/11/10 10:22 AM
Ahh. Bout to fire this pup up in a moment. NCAA 11 is the best football game I've ever played, period, and it's only getting better. Sorry, Madden 11. U irk me, right about now.

# 176 blkprince04 @ 08/11/10 10:23 AM
i didn't recieve tuner set 2 yet than i know of......

# 177 DJ @ 08/11/10 10:24 AM
Quote:
I would assume the big list in the other thread is probably what was in the tuner while the changes like dirty uniforms were in the patch. Don't know that for sure, but that would seem logical to me.
That's what I was thinking as well, just wanted to be sure I didn't miss anything.

# 178 mgoblue678 @ 08/11/10 10:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blkprince04
i didn't recieve tuner set 2 yet than i know of......
Did you put in the code for the online pass thing that came with the game the game?

# 179 J-Unit40 @ 08/11/10 10:26 AM
CPU version of Josh Nesbitt still runs the triple option (GaTech) like a selfish knucklehead.

Still waiting to see what the CPU does in the open field on a run (cover up the ball or break out in full stride) - this is after the tuner update and patch.

# 180 Pongsona @ 08/11/10 10:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kt-od
I was really hoping to see something about penalty sliders being more sensitive. However, this update is awesome. Can't wait to get home tonight and download this. Great job, EA!
Well, I just played 5 min quarter, and CPU got called for a pass interference 3 times. I have the slider set to 100. Prior to the patch, CPU got called for a pass interference once in every 15 games or so. So, maybe they did tweak it a little.

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.