Home
NCAA Football 11 News Post

After the frenzy this morning, EA has posted details on the patch. This is the official blog that will be out soon on the EA site. LTP #2 is also needed for the patch to have the full effect. It is available as of 9:10am eastern.

-----------------------------------------

Hello again NCAA Fans!

I'm Russ Kiniry and I'd like to welcome you to Client Update 2 for NCAA Football 11. You should be able to download the update now (it will automatically download when you start the game). Roy talked about this update coming a while back in his blog 'Thank You' and I brought it up again when we released Live Tuner Pack 1 last week. I am happy to finally say it is here, and we've got a long list of tweaks, tunes, and fixes. Many of these changes were requests straight from you, the fans of NCAA Football, so it was very important to us to get them in the update. Enough words, let's get to the list!

Graphics
  • Uniform degradation has been fixed.
  • Fixed a graphical issue with TeamBuilder sideline home uniforms.
  • Fixed several camera bugs (pulled back on field goals, blurry cameras, and replays after a change of possession)
  • Fixed helmet numbers for Rice and Wake Forest
  • Resolved an issue with Season Showdown, allowing us to turn it back on, so you're upload failure message every time you go in/out of game is gone!
  • Fixed a couple freezes related to lobbies
  • Fixed voice communication in Online Dynasty Hub on PS3
  • Fixed an issue that could lead to a disconnect in online play during play calling
Offense
  • Fixed an issue on a couple plays where the QB would miss a hand off and run backward
  • Reduced the chance that the ball will be knocked out when a receiver is hit at the time of the catch
  • Tuned the CPU ball carrier so that they will break to the outside more often when appropriate
  • Tuned how the CPU ball carriers utilize leans and special moves so that they won't be used in situations when they shouldn't (e.g. a HB in the open field will not put his shoulders down when running forward)
  • Tuned pass accuracy and the ability to lead a receiver
  • Tweaked sideline catch animations in the end zone so that they have a bit more room to play
  • Fixed an exploit where backwards passes could be overly effective
Defense
  • Fixed defensive reaction to pump fake to be more balanced. Skilled defensive backs will not be as easily fooled by pump fakes.
  • Tuned the Aggressive Defensive Line Gameplan to have more risk of jumping offsides
  • Removed a hesitation from defensive lineman pass rush on screen plays
  • Improved flat zone and deep zone coverage
  • Tuned man coverage reaction to the run
  • Adjusted CPU pursuit angles in some specific cases where they weren't being aggressive enough
Special Teams
  • Tuned onside kicks to be less predictable
  • Fixed an issue where catching a kicked ball after hitting the goalpost would result in kicking team getting the ball back
  • Fixed an issue where the punter could line up out of place
  • Adjusted cross bar collision on field goals and extra points
Other
  • Tuned CPU clock management where they would let the clock run out in some cases they shouldn't
  • Fixed a bug with time of possession tracking
  • Adjusted substitutions to be more intelligent (previously would see some weird players in the game with lots of aggressive no huddle)
  • Fixed a couple places where the wrong custom stadium sounds would play
  • Fixed a bug that caused Road To Glory to be simulated day by day near the end of the season
  • Tuned Kick Power and Kick Accuracy of progression of kickers and punters in Dynasty Mode
  • Fixed a couple infrequent game lock-ups

Again, I want to thank you for providing us with all the feedback you have thus far, and encourage you to continue to do so. It's safe to say this is the biggest update in NCAA History. We wanted to be sure that we continue to improve your experience while playing NCAA Football 11, so this update touches almost every area of the game. You can look forward to more Live Tuner Packs for NCAA Football 11 in the near future.

This update is for you Mr. Passionate-NCAA-Football-Gamer.

-Russ Kiniry
Designer NCAA Football

Game: NCAA Football 11Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iPhone / PS2 / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 83 - View All
NCAA Football 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 ActLikeYouCrow @ 08/11/10 09:46 AM
great news, but were pass accuracy and the kicking game tuned in what direction

# 2 DirtyCobra @ 08/11/10 09:46 AM
Fantastic News!!!

# 3 BobbyColtrane @ 08/11/10 09:47 AM
Very impressed thank u very much russ & EA we see you working!

# 4 rudyjuly2 @ 08/11/10 09:48 AM
I'd like to hear more specifics on some things like tuned QB accuracy. Same with kickers and punters. Is that related to progression or gameplay? cpu or human? Hopefully we'll get more impressions (and that we'll be happy).

Quote:
Originally Posted by ActLikeYouCrow
great news, but were pass accuracy and the kicking game tuned in what direction
I'd like to know too.

# 5 Kobalt @ 08/11/10 09:50 AM
Those are great things they fixed.

# 6 Hova57 @ 08/11/10 09:51 AM
only issue i have i didn't see addressed is cb running routes before wr gets into break

# 7 bmsflame @ 08/11/10 09:51 AM
is anyone else driven nuts by the ankle braces turning a weird shade of brown after the 1st quarter. Seems like that would have been an easy fix

# 8 DJ @ 08/11/10 09:51 AM
It sounds like a great patch. I really hope the zone coverages have been improved. That was one of my main gripes with this game, the other being CPU Pass Accuracy when under duress (sounds like that could've been fixed) and the CPU trying field goals over 60 yards all the time on Heisman (sounds like that could've been fixed as well).

# 9 mgoblue678 @ 08/11/10 09:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
I'd like to hear more specifics on some things like tuned QB accuracy. Same with kickers and punters. Is that related to progression or gameplay? cpu or human? Hopefully we'll get more impressions (and that we'll be happy).

I'd like to know too.
Wondering the same thing about qb accuracy, mainly because it may cause people to have to change the sliders they are using.

# 10 Ramminyou @ 08/11/10 09:58 AM
I've played one half of a game so far, and one thing I've noticed that is not mentioned here is that I haven't seen one single 8 man blitz from the CPU yet. I almost always see a couple by now.

Also, to the guy talking about CPU pass accuracy under duress, I don't know if you thought it was too good or too bad before, but the CPU literally just threw a 50 yard TD to a wide open guy just before taking a hit. I'm on All-Pro with 60 CPU accuracy.

# 11 nstod @ 08/11/10 10:00 AM
No word on fixing the scheduling issues?

# 12 edaddy @ 08/11/10 10:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramminyou
I've played one half of a game so far, and one thing I've noticed that is not mentioned here is that I haven't seen one single 8 man blitz from the CPU yet. I almost always see a couple by now.

Also, to the guy talking about CPU pass accuracy under duress, I don't know if you thought it was too good or too bad before, but the CPU literally just threw a 50 yard TD to a wide open guy just before taking a hit. I'm on All-Pro with 60 CPU accuracy.
Have you noticed better CPU running, and less cpu quick snapping so far?

# 13 MacCLovin @ 08/11/10 10:12 AM
I really want to know about the DB's running better routes than the WR's

# 14 dalecooper @ 08/11/10 10:14 AM
Quote:
Why so high? I have QB accuracy for both human and CPU at like 30 (All American) and it's still very easy for both teams to complete in the 60-70% range. Even with accuracy so low the QBs rarely miss on planted throws - the only thing it seems to affect much is how they do when scrambling or under pressure.

# 15 DJ @ 08/11/10 10:22 AM
Quote:

That was me. I feel like the CPU is too accurate when throwing in that situation. I'd like to see more wobblers and errant throws when the CPU QB gets hit or is about to get hit. As it is now, they fire off perfect spirals and hit their target the same as if there was no pass rush at all.

# 16 NDAlum @ 08/11/10 10:25 AM
CPU running is improved, I can confirm that.

Vandy @ GT (CPU)

Default AA to test

GT isn't running that well...but in the open field they make better moves. Haven't seen the shoulder down and they went outside the hashes which I have not seen before.

# 17 Ramminyou @ 08/11/10 10:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by edaddy
Have you noticed better CPU running, and less cpu quick snapping so far?
Yes to both. I was Mizzou playing against Kansas, and their RB had about 85 yards by the end of the 3rd on a little over 4 ypc average (I quit after 3 quarters to try something else). Granted I had CPU running ability on 60 and my run defense on like 40. This was on All-American. They also ran a smart option play, where the QB didn't pitch the ball to the RB until the last second. They only got 3 yards, but at least they ran it the right way.

Also, I actually encroached once because I was so used to a quick snap that I assumed I would time it correctly. I also noticed that the CPU would jump the snap count more unless I mixed in a fake snap every now and then.

I'm also seeing less psychic DBs and more tight coverage. The smothering man coverage still seems a bit forced at times but it looks a lot less obvious, and quicker WRs will pull away faster now. I even have the CPU pass coverage set at 60.

# 18 thdudeabides @ 08/11/10 10:30 AM
Here's my impressions after one half with 10 min quarters then I gotta go to work.

- Uniforms getting dirty was not very noticable at all by halftime, may be a subtle change

- Hum QB accuracy seems better, the QB will lead the receiver more attempting to keep the ball away from the defender

- I had my DL on Aggressive the whole time without a penalty, still doesn't seem to be much downside to gameplanning aggressive

- I was playing as Wyoming against Air Force because I wanted to see how the computer was at running the football now. The CPU RB seemed to be making better decisions, but honestly I don't know if that was placebo or not. There really wasn't a time where the CPU RB could have bounced outside in that half, so its hard to say

# 19 Ramminyou @ 08/11/10 10:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djwlfpack
That was me. I feel like the CPU is too accurate when throwing in that situation. I'd like to see more wobblers and errant throws when the CPU QB gets hit or is about to get hit. As it is now, they fire off perfect spirals and hit their target the same as if there was no pass rush at all.
Hm. I always had the opposite impression. Before, it seemed like the CPU would lob it up sky high to whoever just happened to be close by when they were rushed, and I would always be able to swat it down in time because they put so much touch on it.

Let me clarify that in this situation, I was sending three extra defenders (7 overall) and this guy was wide open. The pass itself only went about 25 yards and the WR ran it the rest of the way.

# 20 DorianDonP @ 08/11/10 10:32 AM
I'm a bit of a noob, but how do I download the patch and tuner? Does it automatically download when I turn on the game?

« Previous1234567892324Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.