Home
NCAA Football 11 News Post

After the frenzy this morning, EA has posted details on the patch. This is the official blog that will be out soon on the EA site. LTP #2 is also needed for the patch to have the full effect. It is available as of 9:10am eastern.

-----------------------------------------

Hello again NCAA Fans!

I'm Russ Kiniry and I'd like to welcome you to Client Update 2 for NCAA Football 11. You should be able to download the update now (it will automatically download when you start the game). Roy talked about this update coming a while back in his blog 'Thank You' and I brought it up again when we released Live Tuner Pack 1 last week. I am happy to finally say it is here, and we've got a long list of tweaks, tunes, and fixes. Many of these changes were requests straight from you, the fans of NCAA Football, so it was very important to us to get them in the update. Enough words, let's get to the list!

Graphics
  • Uniform degradation has been fixed.
  • Fixed a graphical issue with TeamBuilder sideline home uniforms.
  • Fixed several camera bugs (pulled back on field goals, blurry cameras, and replays after a change of possession)
  • Fixed helmet numbers for Rice and Wake Forest
  • Resolved an issue with Season Showdown, allowing us to turn it back on, so you're upload failure message every time you go in/out of game is gone!
  • Fixed a couple freezes related to lobbies
  • Fixed voice communication in Online Dynasty Hub on PS3
  • Fixed an issue that could lead to a disconnect in online play during play calling
Offense
  • Fixed an issue on a couple plays where the QB would miss a hand off and run backward
  • Reduced the chance that the ball will be knocked out when a receiver is hit at the time of the catch
  • Tuned the CPU ball carrier so that they will break to the outside more often when appropriate
  • Tuned how the CPU ball carriers utilize leans and special moves so that they won't be used in situations when they shouldn't (e.g. a HB in the open field will not put his shoulders down when running forward)
  • Tuned pass accuracy and the ability to lead a receiver
  • Tweaked sideline catch animations in the end zone so that they have a bit more room to play
  • Fixed an exploit where backwards passes could be overly effective
Defense
  • Fixed defensive reaction to pump fake to be more balanced. Skilled defensive backs will not be as easily fooled by pump fakes.
  • Tuned the Aggressive Defensive Line Gameplan to have more risk of jumping offsides
  • Removed a hesitation from defensive lineman pass rush on screen plays
  • Improved flat zone and deep zone coverage
  • Tuned man coverage reaction to the run
  • Adjusted CPU pursuit angles in some specific cases where they weren't being aggressive enough
Special Teams
  • Tuned onside kicks to be less predictable
  • Fixed an issue where catching a kicked ball after hitting the goalpost would result in kicking team getting the ball back
  • Fixed an issue where the punter could line up out of place
  • Adjusted cross bar collision on field goals and extra points
Other
  • Tuned CPU clock management where they would let the clock run out in some cases they shouldn't
  • Fixed a bug with time of possession tracking
  • Adjusted substitutions to be more intelligent (previously would see some weird players in the game with lots of aggressive no huddle)
  • Fixed a couple places where the wrong custom stadium sounds would play
  • Fixed a bug that caused Road To Glory to be simulated day by day near the end of the season
  • Tuned Kick Power and Kick Accuracy of progression of kickers and punters in Dynasty Mode
  • Fixed a couple infrequent game lock-ups

Again, I want to thank you for providing us with all the feedback you have thus far, and encourage you to continue to do so. It's safe to say this is the biggest update in NCAA History. We wanted to be sure that we continue to improve your experience while playing NCAA Football 11, so this update touches almost every area of the game. You can look forward to more Live Tuner Packs for NCAA Football 11 in the near future.

This update is for you Mr. Passionate-NCAA-Football-Gamer.

-Russ Kiniry
Designer NCAA Football

Game: NCAA Football 11Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iPhone / PS2 / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 83 - View All
NCAA Football 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 461 Mtneer08 @ 08/22/10 09:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreyIM2
Maybe it's just me but the game is just fine after the 2nd patch. Someone mentioned the running game suffering after the patch? Not over here. I even had a Heisman winning RB after the patch during my 2nd yr

They are mostly talking about the cpu running game suffering. Human running game is as easy as ever.(at least for me)

# 462 Playmakers @ 08/22/10 03:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by candy2500
i agree with the sliders not totally doing what they should do and something i never understood about the whole thing to start with.

if 0 really meant 0 and 100 really meant 100 then the problem of everyone searching for their type of football game is over (gameplay anyway)

if WR is set to 0 then no one should be able to catch a pass, its just a drop every time and if its 100 then no one should drop it. that's what 0 threw 100 should be like in my book anyway and if each step in between works across the board for each slider then that year after year search for the perfect slider problem is over.
That's not true because all players still haver to function off ratings on the field...

There are no players with a 0 or 100 rating in any category of the game.

So if you set a slider to 0 for catching that doesn't mean a guy won't catch the ball because the minimum catch ratings assigned to any player is 40 your just basically reducing them down to minimum ability.

If you set FG Power to 0 it doesn't stop the kicker from being able to kick more than 1 yd. IN fact I think most players can still kick 35 yards even with power at 0. So, I'd imagine the most damage you've caused with 0 WR catching is to make the guy with 40 catch ability reduce down to 35 but the problem with that is the WR's are way above 40 catch ratings so you won't get what your looking for on the field unless you using OL and DL at WR

You guys are thinking of sliders as a seperate aspect of the game which functions on it's own but the sliders still calaculate off of player ratings giving a boost up or down. It doesn't make any player in the game have 0 skill ability or 100 ability because those aren't true player value ratings.

I also have my reasons as to why i don't think 0 Run Defense works vs 100 Run Block but I'll just let that one go.

# 463 Souchiro @ 08/22/10 04:55 PM
I think the problem lies with the broken tackles. Suction blocking. And the QB escaping almost every sack opportunity. The AI WRs always break off their routes when the QB is under pressure and the QB always has an escape route.

Ive noticed my DBs sitting there looking at the WRs run right by them. They dont even react. They just sit there. Or they are touching the ground on even the simplest of routes.

I've never touched my sliders and I don't plan on it. The CPU is able to get away with murder on me. Because my AI controlled players just sit there or they miss tons of tackles.

This is not even counting Robo QB that comes out and scores on me in 40secs.

# 464 Playmakers @ 08/23/10 03:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Souchiro
I've never touched my sliders and I don't plan on it. The CPU is able to get away with murder on me. Because my AI controlled players just sit there or they miss tons of tackles.

This is not even counting Robo QB that comes out and scores on me in 40secs.
Looks like your going to live and die with the game on default level. Not sure why guys refuse to tweak it in order to make it better but hey i can understand sliders are a headache at times

# 465 Souchiro @ 08/24/10 08:50 AM
Its an ego thing with me.

I bought the game set it to Heisman for difficulty and recruiting, then picked Western Kentucky. Off I went in my offline Dynasty.

Ive been getting the cowboy ish beaten out of me. But I figure its due to really really bad players. The first 2 years were brutal.

Ive been getting nothing but 1 and 2 star players for the first 2 years. Now in year 3 I'm able to get 3stars players. But this year even 3 star players suck! Man they have horrible ratings. Geez.

But now I'm back to blowing the AI out on Heisman with decent players. So maybe I will mess with the sliders eventually. Cause I know if I would have started with Michigan (home team) in this Dynasty I wouldn't even lose that much at all.

So I'm on the fence again.

# 466 JBH3 @ 08/25/10 12:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patch #2 Patch Notes
Special Teams
  • Tuned onside kicks to be less predictable

WTF did they do to this? I just had CPU WVU successfully kick 3 onside kicks in the 4th Qtr where there were down by 21. Only reason I held onto win 31-30 was because WVU missed an XP, and I was able to get back to back sacks against WVU w/ no timeouts left to end the game.

"Less predictable"....the same player on WVU recovered the ball every single time. Not liking this asepct of the patch at all.

# 467 Spanky @ 08/25/10 01:53 AM
Question about tuner sets in off-line play (not connected to XBox Live):

Last game I played I noticed that as the game was loading a message popped up saying "loading tuner set.'' This happened a few games back as well. The strange thing is I didn't notice that message the last several games I played, unless I missed it. And I seemed to get a different gameplay experience (more difficult, CPU harder to stop) on the occasions when that message popped up.

Is it possible that the tuner set only loads on certain occasions? Or does it automatically load every time you boot up the disc for an off-line game?

Also, I noticed an option in file management to download the tuner. Are you supposed to do this every time you play? If not, and it loads automatically, why is the option even there?

# 468 BigBoi23 @ 08/26/10 11:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by UndeniableSkillz9
great i would like for them to add it to where they don't always receive the ball after a coin toss they would kick it some times giving you the ball 1st
I've had the opposing team win the coin toss and elect to kick several times in my offline dynasty, both pre- and post-patch.

# 469 JOakman @ 08/26/10 02:42 PM
Installed Patch #2, have had the tuners already and am continuing my 1st year of my Dynasty. I finish the 1st season and go into training and it shows nothing happening. No + or -'s for anyone, basically shows my whole roster.

Anyone have this problem too? Simmed through it 2 times to see if anything changed.. nada. Sorry if this has been mentioned, but kills my dynasty with a young 1 star school.

EDIT: Didn't know about another tuning set, my apologies.

# 470 kingcrumb @ 08/26/10 03:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
That's the part I don't get. Everyone was happy with QB accuracy, WR drops on default, etc. Post patch they boost those things along with kicker legs and accuracy. Why? Then the normally weak cpu running game on default was made even worse and can't be fixed because the sliders are either broken or so watered down you can't fix it on your own. I'm also finding the zone defenses, which were not that great pre-patch, to be awful post patch and I don't want to call them vs. the cpu at all anymore. Just calling a few different man to man defenses now on defense has become boring.

I'm actually going to delete the patch and play for a bit without it. The one thing I will miss is EA tightening up the outside running game for the human. It was too easy before but I think I would rather deal with that then all the new problems they introduced. I'll re-download the patch and tuning file when it comes to the offseason for progression and recruit ratings but during the year I think I'm going to go back to basics.

EA rushed this last patch out and it shows. They need to do a much better job of testing during the development time and when they release patches. I think they need more diverse testers because I swear these guys must all play a similar way on a similar difficulty set so they don't see the variety of issues that a larger group on OS sees.
There has NEVER been an EA football game where the cpu can rn the ball,and how bout those in game saves we where told would be in 200--------? Oh I can hear it now "next year"

# 471 Spanky @ 08/28/10 01:22 AM
I didn't think it was going to be that huge a deal, but the dirty uniforms really add a lot to the immersion factor in what was already a great-looking game.

I just played a great ACC championship game, beating Clemson 28-21 with Georgia Tech in Charlotte. Tech's blue jerseys with the gold pants and Clemson's white jerseys with the purple pants look great with patches of mud and dirt streaks, as well as the helmet scuffs.

I had considered deleting the second patch because of the problems it created, but I'm not going to do that now. I've managed to adjust the sliders well enough to negate most of issues the patch created.

# 472 jbdeuce @ 08/29/10 03:31 PM
dirty unis are nice, but now the ankle braces turn white as the game goes on.

# 473 WWF80sKid @ 08/29/10 05:18 PM
I've played well over 100 games on this game, and out of all the times the computer has won the coin toss, they've decided to kick maybe four times.

They always pick to receive...which is fine, because I always choose to kick anyway.

# 474 Emac @ 08/30/10 01:45 AM
The sim engine is really messed up for the sim games resulting in some crazy outcomes. The QB completion percentages are way too low. I remember back in NCAA '09 the problem was that the QB percentages were too high on the sims and nearly every QB at the end of the year had an incredible touchdown-to-interception ratio. Now since NCAA '10, the percentages are way too low.

Another issue that reared its ugly head in NCAA '10 was that QBs were having really high rushing attempts. I mean like over 20 carries. Sometimes more than their running backs and this is on standard offenses. That kind of stuff really takes the realism away for me. And I don't see why it would be so hard to correct either.

These sim issues are kind of a big deal for me since I like to watch games of the weeks in my dynasties. But each game really loses its importance when I know it is only a matter of time before the sim engine screws the top teams into losing games they have no business losing on a routine basis. NCAA '09 was completely opposite of that. The sims were very predictable and major upsets were really rare which made the game of the weeks more interesting since those games were going to impact the BCS picture at the end of the year. EA needs to find a happy medium with their sim engine.

As far as on the field, the defensive linemen shedding their blocks on running plays like they are all Suh is making this game really frustrating. I haven't been able to find any remedy to fix it with sliders. The option offenses are pretty much broken the way they are now, and the A.I. already has a hard enough time executing those plays. So spread offenses and triple option offenses are at a significant disadvantage compared to pro-style offenses. If these two issues and the kick returns were fixed, this game would have a ton of potential.

# 475 rudyjuly2 @ 08/30/10 06:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emac
The option offenses are pretty much broken the way they are now, and the A.I. already has a hard enough time executing those plays. So spread offenses and triple option offenses are at a significant disadvantage compared to pro-style offenses. If these two issues and the kick returns were fixed, this game would have a ton of potential.
It would be really nice if they could boost the blocking on option runs and shotgun runs.

# 476 billysims @ 08/30/10 07:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2

Patch #3 has to make the blocking sliders more powerful.
Havent been on here in awhile: is there another patch forthcoming?

# 477 rudyjuly2 @ 08/30/10 10:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by billysims
Havent been on here in awhile: is there another patch forthcoming?
No official word on it but I'd say there is a 99% chance on that happening.

# 478 Dirty Turtles @ 08/31/10 08:51 PM
What in the world did they do to this game? This game was awesome pre-patch/tuner, now I can't even get through a game without wanting to break my controller. My kicker can't even make a 25 yard field goal. The entire defense is still Michael Jordan, leaping around like Peter Pan and knocking balls down that they have no business getting to. The worst part is, I've changed my sliders, so now I have no idea what they were pre-patch/tuner set. Sigh, guess it's back to Madden.

# 479 rudyjuly2 @ 09/01/10 09:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Turtles
What in the world did they do to this game? This game was awesome pre-patch/tuner, now I can't even get through a game without wanting to break my controller. My kicker can't even make a 25 yard field goal. The entire defense is still Michael Jordan, leaping around like Peter Pan and knocking balls down that they have no business getting to. The worst part is, I've changed my sliders, so now I have no idea what they were pre-patch/tuner set. Sigh, guess it's back to Madden.
I don't understand this because they boosted the kicker's legs and accuracy with the second patch imo.

# 480 ScarletandGrey2011 @ 09/02/10 10:38 PM
I think If they fix the effectiveness of the play action after setting up for it, then i think i will be much better. because the play action isn't always effective, but the defense cant blow it up every time you use it. i mean rite after I do the fake, the D-lineman is in the friggin backfield b4 i even have a chance of doing anything. Thats wat they need to fix. also defensive lineman have no business catching a QB like Terrelle Pryor, or any QB who is faster from behind. And also LB's should not be jumping as high as cornerbacks to knockdown passes, espcially when u throw a bullet across the middle. So i feel that they should fix this and it would make the game so much better.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.