Home
NBA 2K11 News Post

2K Sports have just posted another NBA 2K11 Developer Insight, as they show off some of the tweaks to the objectives in The Jordan Challenge, now including assists.

Quote:
"The Arrival

When: April 20, 1986. Game 2, 1st round playoffs vs. Celtics

Goal 1: Score 63+ points

Goal 2: Shoot 50%+ from the field

Goal 3: Dish out 6+ assists

One-liner: Jordan made his mark with this 63 point playoff game against a heavily favored Celtics team.

69 Points

When: March 28, 1990. Regular season game vs. Cavs

Goal 1: Score 69+ points

Goal 2: Shoot 50%+ from the field

Goal 3: Dish out 6+ assists

Goal 4: Win the game

One-liner: This time Jordan gets the win by dropping 69 points and putting a dent in the Cavaliers’ playoff plans.

Shootout

When: Any date in 1990. Regular season game vs. Hawks

Goal 1: Outscore Dominique

Goal 2: Hold Dominique under 25 Points

Goal 3: Dish out 5+ assists

One-liner: Jordan and Dominique Wilkins face off in some of the all-time greatest scoring performances of the era.

Bad Boys

When: May 26, 1990. Game 3, Eastern Conference Finals vs. Pistons

Goal 1: Score 47+ points

Goal 2: Dish out 4+ assists

Goal 3: Win the game

One-liner: Jordan showed the Pistons and the world that no defensive strategy could stop him for long.

1991 NBA Finals

When: June 2 thru June 12, 1991 vs. Lakers

Goal 1: Average 31.0+ points

Goal 2: Shoot 55%+ from the field

Goal 3: Average 11+ assists

Goal 4: Win the series

One-liner: Jordan silenced the doubters by coming back from a game one embarrassment to thrash the Lakers in these Finals.

The Shrug

When: June 3, 1992. Game 1, NBA Finals vs. Blazers

Goal 1: Score 35+ points in the first half

Goal 2: Make 6+ threes in the first half

Goal 3: Hold Drexler to under 20 points

Goal 4: Win the Game

One-liner: Just to prove a point, Jordan sets the tone for the series by dominating the first half of this first Finals game.

Double Nickel

When: March 18, 1995. Regular season game vs. Knicks

Goal 1: Score 55+ points

Goal 3: Dish out 2+ assists

One-liner: After a stint with the bat, Jordan returns to New York to tear up the Knicks for 55 points and an unforgettable pass.

Father’s Day Victory

When: June 16, 1996. Game 6, 1996 Finals (last game of series as Bulls won 4-2) vs. Sonics

Goal 1: Score 22+ points

Goal 2: Grab 9+ rebounds

Goal 3: Dish out 7+ assists

One-liner: Michael ran the table over the entire league but this fourth title would prove to be just as special as his first.

The Flu Game

When: June 11, 1997. Game 5, 1997 Finals (not the last game of the series as it went to 6) vs. Jazz

Goal 1: Score 38+ points

Goal 2: Grab 7+ rebounds

Goal 3: Dish out 5+ assists

One-liner: A very ill Jordan still manages to both dominate the game and hit the winning shot in the last seconds of the game.

Michael’s Last Dance

When: June 14, 1998. Game 6, 1998 Finals vs. Jazz

Goal 1: Score 45+ points

Goal 2: Get 4+ steals

Goal 3: Dish out 1+ assists

One-liner: With one final resounding shot, Jordan seals both his legacy and the fate of the Jazz’s championship hopes."

Game: NBA 2K11Reader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 108 - View All
NBA 2K11 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 da ThRONe @ 08/11/10 06:43 PM
I never was a Jordan fan so this doesnt appeal to me. Actually I'm a little disappointed this warranted a entire "mode" but I'm sure there's more than enough people who loves this idea.

# 2 Jukeman @ 08/11/10 08:55 PM
Someone should get a check...

# 3 bigeastbumrush @ 08/11/10 09:00 PM
Love the idea. Only downside is this is a cheesers wet dream.

Way to capture the casual gamers' market 2K. Shrewd business move.

You know there are thousands of cheesers out there and what better way to get sales than to introduce a mode where they can go haywire.

I tip my hat to y'all.

# 4 youvalss @ 08/11/10 09:46 PM
There are several additions. For example:

Quote:
1991 NBA Finals

When: June 2 thru June 12, 1991 vs. Lakers

Goal 1: Average 31.0+ points

Goal 3: Average 11+ assists

Goal 4: Win the series
That's a new one, and a one that I've been asking for. I'm really happy they added it. It just helps you to understand what MJ did during the 1991 Finals.

# 5 convince @ 08/11/10 09:46 PM
I'm sorry but that IMO was a waste of a insight. We already knew that there were certain things required to accomplished the jordan challenges. Give us insights more in the line of the last one. It was informative and contained a lot of new info pertaining to fixing problems in the Franchise.

# 6 youvalss @ 08/11/10 09:53 PM
I don't think it was a "real" insight, just an update. They pretty mych copy-past everything + several lines of what they added. I'm pretty sure we'll get a "real" insight soon.

# 7 VDusen04 @ 08/11/10 09:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by youvalss
There are several additions. For example:

That's a new one, and a one that I've been asking for. I'm really happy they added it. It just helps you to understand what MJ did during the 1991 Finals.
Yeah, that one stuck out. I had to google the 1991 Finals box score to check and see if he really did that (57 assists in five games). Unbelievable.

# 8 youvalss @ 08/11/10 09:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
Yeah, that one stuck out. I had to google the 1991 Finals box score to check and see if he really did that (57 assists in five games). Unbelievable.
Yeah. Magic had about 12 assits per game, so MJ was right behind him. It's just amazing!

# 9 jmood88 @ 08/11/10 09:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by convince
I'm sorry but that IMO was a waste of a insight. We already knew that there were certain things required to accomplished the jordan challenges. Give us insights more in the line of the last one. It was informative and contained a lot of new info pertaining to fixing problems in the Franchise.
You act like there are a limited number of insights and this took one away.

# 10 Hotobu @ 08/11/10 10:00 PM
Yeah the average 11 assists one will probably be a bitch. Especially if they don't do something to ensure collapsing defenses to allow for a drive and kick game, and if they deliver on the promise to decrease paint scoring. I wonder how many people will try to force double OT in the 63 point game.

# 11 Rocboyz101 @ 08/11/10 10:16 PM
If this doesn't take away the friday insight, I'm fine.

# 12 Sinner @ 08/11/10 11:09 PM
wonder how much his stats will go down for the Flu game? Love having Jordan in the game and he way they seem to have changed up the gameplay but playing as Nique and some of the other legends is also something im really looking forward to.

Cant wait to see trailes with classic teams..hope they throw them in at least one trailer.

# 13 youvalss @ 08/11/10 11:12 PM
When you play the flu game, try to sit away from the screen. The last think you want is to catch something...

# 14 aloncho11 @ 08/11/10 11:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinner
wonder how much his stats will go down for the Flu game? Love having Jordan in the game and he way they seem to have changed up the gameplay but playing as Nique and some of the other legends is also something im really looking forward to.

Cant wait to see trailes with classic teams..hope they throw them in at least one trailer.
Perhaps like any normal player on association mode that can play through a tough injury (overall -15 aprox.)

# 15 Jonesy @ 08/12/10 01:39 AM
Hitting 6 three's in the first half v the Blazers is going to be tough. I mean Jordan couldn't be rated much above 80 at the most for his 3 point rating could he? That one may take a while.

# 16 youvalss @ 08/12/10 01:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonesy
Hitting 6 three's in the first half v the Blazers is going to be tough. I mean Jordan couldn't be rated much above 80 at the most for his 3 point rating could he? That one may take a while.
Yeah, and imagine thinking you have just scored the 6th one but...no - you stepped on the line...

# 17 aloncho11 @ 08/12/10 02:13 AM
Maybe he will start the challenge by being on a hot shooting streak, you know when you switch to the ingame menu that shows who's hot or cold.

# 18 bmchoszen @ 08/12/10 04:21 AM
Wheres the 1993 BULLS FINAL Team? That phx suns finals series MJ was at his BEST MAN! Barkley was as well and both teams were jacked.

MJ was averaging like 40 a game in that series man.

They should add a dunk off between the 1988 dunk contest members as well MJ NIQUE went at it lmao

# 19 Jonesy @ 08/12/10 05:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmchoszen
Wheres the 1993 BULLS FINAL Team? That phx suns finals series MJ was at his BEST MAN! Barkley was as well and both teams were jacked.
I wonder if they had trouble getting Barkley in the game seeing as he's had his own games before? You'd think that Bulls Suns series would have made the cut?

# 20 Hotobu @ 08/12/10 08:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonesy
I doubt their goal for this mode was to make things super tough since this mode is really just the prelude to Jordan career mode.Most likely they'll give him a big stat boost in his 3pt rating to account for his performance in the game. I wouldn't be surprised if they had his 3pt rating at 90+ for the first half, or even the whole game.

« Previous123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.