Home
NHL 11 News Post

Quick clip of some more intros featuring some of the classic jerseys in the game including the authentic Hartford Whalers jerseys.

Game: NHL 11Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 36 - View All
NHL 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 savoie2006 @ 08/14/10 05:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolus Rex
Love the new announcer!!!

But I do think the intro sequence is to short. It feels like they jus cut halfway when the game begins.
Yeah, it actually seemed shorter than last years intro. I wonder if it wasn't cut short by a user pressing the X button or something. The announcer and on ice light shows are great though.

# 22 kerosene31 @ 08/14/10 06:26 PM
Other hockey games had tons of retro jerseys in them, sometimes including all from an entire franchise's history. Good to see EA getting love for what others did long, long ago. Good to see the Whale back though. Can't remember the last time they were in any game.

I remember a game which had every Sabres jersey in the entire history, including:
-minor revisions through the 70s and 80s
-abominations in red and black
-silly red jerseys with butter knives on them
-plus a logo with some sort of snail type creature on it

I'll be happy with EA if they leave the Sabres classic whites in.

# 23 onlybygrace @ 08/14/10 06:45 PM
Yeah...I have a funny hunch there is a lot more to be happy about with the presentation this year if not already for spotlights on goal scorers, completely revamped washes of the overlays, stats flashing up on the ticker at faceoffs, custom celebrations, etc. And thats before mentioning a wider variety of game play with the new physics, goal reviews, broken sticks, etc.

I have a feeling there is something more about the presentation that we aren't being told quite yet, which may explain the lack of gameplay videos and what seems to be 'teasing' with the intros. I'm wondering what they've done that possible part where they seem to skip right to the faceoff 43 seconds into the clip--and us seeing the two centers square up at center ice.

It's just a hunch I have.

# 24 tyler289 @ 08/14/10 11:35 PM
Really liked the brief presentation upgrades they seemed to make.

# 25 duckfever8 @ 08/14/10 11:36 PM
I want be-a-gm to have a relocation mode in Madden, and have them add better logos plus the classic logos, and let us have the classic jerseys, will make it a must-buy. And that Coyotes game has way to many fans in the arena, they need to have dynamic attendance so teams like Florida, Phoenix, etc. don't have sell outs every game.

# 26 BlueNGold @ 08/14/10 11:54 PM
Please tell me I can actually use the Jets logo in Create-A-Team this year. I'll be crushed if I can't.

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.