Home
NBA 2K11 News Post

Joystiq has posted their NBA 2K11 preview.

Quote:
"Being my first time going hands-on with NBA 2K11, I was shocked at how skilled the CPU players were. Make a bad pass and you'll pay for it; linger too long on a jump shot and watch it get swatted -- starting to sense a theme here? Aimlessly playing was kind of like being slapped across the face with a limp, wet fish: painful, humiliating and just a tad bit slimy. The awareness of these players was startling."

Game: NBA 2K11Reader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 108 - View All
NBA 2K11 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Vast @ 08/17/10 10:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepytercel
Right now, I personally don't want Elites controls. If that means that defense will be more non-existant, then that sort of control ability could be a problem. According to the IGN preview, he was getting by defense way too easily. I'm sure they could clear things up...who knows, but if that game comes out with a lack of any defense, due to overpowering dribble moves, then I will go with what 2K brings.
by controls im sure he meant responsiveness. Like if i move the stick my player will go where he is supposed to go, and it feels tight and responsive.

Something that 2k10 lacked.

# 22 Jakeness23 @ 08/17/10 10:57 PM
im excited that the controls are fixed and im also glad that they arent as advanced as Elite's because Elite's seem a little too advanced to me. having to remember to move the right stick and left stick up, sideways, back, and up again to do one move seems a little much for me, this is when i AM okay with animations, but as they said, you can break out of just about every animation in the game which makes me give an edge to 2K. cant wait til October, gonna be a fun year of playin 2K11.

# 23 bearschicago @ 08/18/10 12:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocboyz101
the suction effect/urealistic closeout speeds were part of the problem as well, but hte core issue is how they defend jumpshots. Alot of the time, they jump like they're blocking layups/dunks.
+1

Another problem in 2K10 is they don't take into account body momentum/wingspan/athletic ability in 2K10. Seems like 2K11 will incorporate this.

Also in real life if you contest too closely or aggressively, usually a slap of the hand/arm occurs or you bump into the offensive player. This of course will mean a foul. In the IGN trailer Jeff Green fell down when the defender contested his jumper too closely. This never occured in 2K10.

Last but not least was some of the jumpshots were so slow and unrealistic looking that they would always get blocked.

Shot contest was a problem in 2K10 but I believe 2K11 will be more realistic.

We already know about momentum jumpers being added to the game. Along with momentum jumpers after reading this preview, it seems like jumpshots will look different depending on how long you hold the button/shot stick. This will be useful when defenders are playing tight/need to get a shot off/etc.

# 24 PrimoReemo @ 08/18/10 01:10 PM
"Are you going to fix the online experience this year?" I was told it was a big focus for 2K -- the other, obviously, being Michael Jordan.

At least they have acknowledged that the community is concerned about online

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.