NBA Elite 11 News Post

Game: NBA Elite 11Reader Score: 2/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 5 - View All
NBA Elite 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Hassan Darkside @ 08/17/10 08:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jano
I really hope they can work out those visual kinks next year though because these guys move a lil too robotic at times.

I also would love to see some normal speed vids too because these slowed down videos are really highlighting the games animation flaws.

I'm sure a lot of the sliding and stiff movements are going to look a bit better at full speed.
Agreed. To me that's always been an achilles heal in the way the game looks. It's funny, though, 2k's game looks great and even better in slow-mo, where as Live's is the opposite, imo, but controls much better.

One thing I wasn't real high on was that oop to Gooden. Yes, it was a mismatch, but Hamilton had good position on him and was low, yet Gooden just squared up, jumped, and slammed the oop home as if he wasn't even there. There was no roll out of the post or anything.

# 22 Shinyhubcaps @ 08/17/10 08:16 PM
I'm a Bucks fan, so I'm loving the publicity here, but the players do not look like themselves. I am bewildered as to who that #5 guy is in the second Bucks clip.

Anyway, as for the physics, they look good. Ball deflections, though... there's no excuse why it's taken them that long to get ball deflections. I'm glad it's in, and if it makes the game feel less robotic, then I'm all for it. The responsiveness of former Live games is just the worst attribute of any sports game I've played in recent memory.

EDIT: Pic of the random #5... looks like Jason Terry.

P.S. I know it's Corey Maggette, but it doesn't look like him. Also Skiles doesn't allow headbands except for medical reasons.

# 23 stepsix @ 08/17/10 08:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonatine73
this one is impressive.. i really love the RTP, i can argue this to be the foundation to completely change the way we play a basketball videogame..
Lookin' forward to see what's going to happen with this title, but i want to say BRAVO to the developers to try to create a whole different type of game from Live.

P.S. Very nice the off the board move by BJ, is that in-game, stepsix?
Yep that is something you can do in game.

# 24 P21J @ 08/17/10 08:28 PM
Lol at the Jason Terry comment..but back on topic. Im loving how the game is looking, but like others have said, i think it will take another year before RTP is fully fleshed out. And in the screenshot Shinyhubcaps posted, I've noticed that the player expressions (Rondo's in particular) have been improved drastically. Great job by the EA dev team on that front.

# 25 BlackCloudDoggy @ 08/17/10 08:53 PM
Looks pretty good to me. I liked all the tip balls and deflections. Hopefully they add some emotion to the bench though. Jennings did that dunk and the bench was lifeless. Really excited for this game and the possibilities with the physics implemented now and in the future.

# 26 İroke @ 08/17/10 08:55 PM
I'm seeing it right now in slow motion, and at the 00:29 mark you can see how the sweet spot changes while your moving. IMO, it's too big. I hope they set the game on Rookie in ANT, or at least that a hand in the shooters face change the sweet spot drastically.

# 27 NBAfan#5423678976 @ 08/17/10 08:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by P21J
Lol at the Jason Terry comment..but back on topic. Im loving how the game is looking, but like others have said, i think it will take another year before RTP is fully fleshed out. And in the screenshot Shinyhubcaps posted, I've noticed that the player expressions (Rondo's in particular) have been improved drastically. Great job by the EA dev team on that front.
NBA Elite 12?? it's going to take another year to get the RTP right?? ahem it's this year or none for EA Sports, they have redesigned the game, rebuilt the physics engine, and now Elite (formerly Live) faithful are saying it might need another 12 months to get it right. Unfortunately 2ksports is bringing out it's best features yet, plus new game controls, so this really isn't the year to be thinking "ahhh maybe next year we will have a great game" come on EA make us believe in NBA Elite this year, not the next

# 28 Rob. D @ 08/17/10 08:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jano
I really hope they can work out those visual kinks next year though because these guys move a lil too robotic at times.

I also would love to see some normal speed vids too because these slowed down videos are really highlighting the games animation flaws.

I'm sure a lot of the sliding and stiff movements are going to look a bit better at full speed.

Same way I feel they really need to work on the movement and animation next year, otherwise nice vid.

# 29 TreyIM2 @ 08/17/10 08:57 PM
I think this vid was made waaay back some time before they revealed their first dev diary. I believe it was said these were all shot around the same time so I will give it a pass on certain things. I just like the behind the digging into the tech aspect of it all. I wish they could just put out more current vids of the game in progress. Eh. Demo next month...

# 30 RIZDRAVER @ 08/17/10 09:01 PM
My June sizzle over Elite is cooling off fast. Some of the animations and plays in that video ranged from mediocre to down right ugly. At this point it's almost awkward that they're touting deflected passes and blocks off the back board, ie. "welcome to three years ago". If RTP is the flagship, then how does Gooden simply robotically elevate with no running start to catch that alley oop? The organic natural feel they're striving for still is still sadly robotic and unrealistic from what we've seen.

# 31 COACH WEBB @ 08/17/10 09:04 PM
Video looked good...I'm really looking forward to getting my hands on Elite.

# 32 RayDog253 @ 08/17/10 09:05 PM
I just want to play the game, and see it for myself cause these vids aren't getting me too excited. The weight in the post and all the deflections are great, but I want more.

Hopefully the first sizzle trailer is right around the corner. Or a blog about graphical improvements, I love graphics.

# 33 RxB @ 08/17/10 09:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NBAfan#5423678976
NBA Elite 12?? it's going to take another year to get the RTP right?? ahem it's this year or none for EA Sports, they have redesigned the game, rebuilt the physics engine, and now Elite (formerly Live) faithful are saying it might need another 12 months to get it right. Unfortunately 2ksports is bringing out it's best features yet, plus new game controls, so this really isn't the year to be thinking "ahhh maybe next year we will have a great game" come on EA make us believe in NBA Elite this year, not the next
yeah, i agree. Elite 11 hasn't come out yet and Elite 12 will get it right?? are these posters working for EA by any chance? i've heard this also before when Live 10 came out. Great foundation yada yada yada and for sure 11 will be great..

but as a big basketball fan that loves to play video games, i would be getting both again this year, 2K has MJ on it. I currently have both Live 10 and 2K10 and honestly i liked Live 10 more.

# 34 P21J @ 08/17/10 09:08 PM
Quote:
I'm not saying that it will take EA another year to get RTP right, I mean that it might be another year before we have full fledged physics (such as 3 man collisons, RTP effecting limbs, smoother RTP animations in mid-air, etc.). Not saying that the engine isn't good or great, as I haven't played it yet...but hopefully the demo will shed some light on it and help me make a decision on what bball game i'll be playing this season.

# 35 BiggD @ 08/17/10 09:21 PM
NBA Live/Elite has gone back to being robotic again... thats a real shame

# 36 RIZDRAVER @ 08/17/10 09:33 PM
With most games having the final code completed 4-5 weeks before ship date, all of this "lots of tweaking" talk has me wondering what the final build of this game is really going to look like. With the blog being indefinitely postponed, total lack of trailers, weekly screen shots, dev write-ups, and the few short clips we have illustrating major skating issues, I'm beginning to think there's a major scramble occurring behind the scenes with this game.

I'm still holding out for Elite as I was initially very excited about this game. But the more I see along with the more silence from EA's end has me growing increasingly skeptical.

# 37 dexvex @ 08/17/10 09:48 PM
Quote:
I can tell from this post that you don't really grasp the scope of what they have put in elite in an extremely short dev cycle. 2k is without a doubt bringing it content-wise this year but they haven't come close to the amount of work tech wise that elite has been showing. Its not a negative at all to say that they will be able to improve even more in the comin years on the foundation they have laid out with 11.

# 38 DGMikeBarker @ 08/17/10 09:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyboy703
as far as 3 years ago... nba 2k9 was the first one with blocks off the back board... but at the same time they were canned animations, like when you went up for you lay up your player would get stuck in midair so the defender could come block it off the backboard, Elite has stepped it up, so you will see the animation but it wont be canned, you will be controlling it as long as you time it right
well 2k7 had blocks off the backboard none canned, similar to the Elite 11 clip. I think Elite will do fine this year. Just need another year to improve the graphics.

Also would be good to see franchise, ai, and create a legand soon.

# 39 mario_2324 @ 08/17/10 09:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dexvex
I can tell from this post that you don't really grasp the scope of what they have put in elite in an extremely short dev cycle. 2k is without a doubt bringing it content-wise this year but they haven't come close to the amount of work tech wise that elite has been showing. Its not a negative at all to say that they will be able to improve even more in the comin years on the foundation they have laid out with 11.
This ^^^^^^^^

# 40 TreyIM2 @ 08/17/10 10:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RIZDRAVER
With most games having the final code completed 4-5 weeks before ship date, all of this "lots of tweaking" talk has me wondering what the final build of this game is really going to look like. With the blog being indefinitely postponed, total lack of trailers, weekly screen shots, dev write-ups, and the few short clips we have illustrating major skating issues, I'm beginning to think there's a major scramble occurring behind the scenes with this game.

I'm still holding out for Elite as I was initially very excited about this game. But the more I see along with the more silence from EA's end has me growing increasingly skeptical.
I feel u on this one but since this vid was most likely made months ago based on rEAnimator's comments about a previous vid, I'm trying to hold on to faith that the game's current state is light years ahead of this...except maybe the sliding, which rEAnimator said, recently, is still an issue cuz footplanting fights with the real time physics engine.
They are trying to do a lot with this year's core game play so we shall see how it turns out. It's crunch time. Worse comes to worse, I'll possibly have 2K11 to toy with.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.