Home
FIFA 11 News Post
FIFA Soccer 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 ps3veron @ 08/18/10 09:45 AM

# 2 BrianFifaFan @ 08/18/10 10:24 AM
Much more fluid looking. The spacing is really nice, too. Seems like you have the ability to get the ball into feet, without the D being super-aware. I like how you saw some tricks be successful, but then when you tried too many the D was able to take the ball. Gameplay looks like it could be more fun this year, without all the frustrations that come with Fifa. Thanks for the link!

# 3 rooney8 @ 08/18/10 10:59 AM
It's still up on youtube. Looks good. Might be a little favoured offensively.

# 4 ezio @ 08/18/10 11:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rooney8
It's still up on youtube. Looks good. Might be a little favoured offensively.
Do you have a link?

# 5 rooney8 @ 08/18/10 12:06 PM

# 6 buzzguy @ 08/18/10 12:36 PM
Looks pretty good! Animations look a bit robotic at 100hz, the pace is fantastic!

# 7 ps3veron @ 08/18/10 01:09 PM
Anytime! I am monitoring Gamescom closely, will update accordingly..

# 8 ps3veron @ 08/18/10 01:53 PM

# 9 aloncho11 @ 08/18/10 02:03 PM
Wow! This game looks absolutely dope! I really like the pace of the match and the passing motions/system .

# 10 aloncho11 @ 08/18/10 02:07 PM
Awesome vids. Now it really reflects the pace of a real football match. Looking forward for this new installment of Fifa.

# 11 ezio @ 08/18/10 03:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rooney8
Thank you.

# 12 Matt10 @ 08/18/10 09:22 PM
Definitely tough to say anything. The game looks like the pace is too fast and almost arcade like. However, I believe both players are struggling to control their defenders - does anyone else notice it's almost too much commitment to the ball rather than marking - which is why on many occasion they are out of place.

I see a lot of core gameplay of FIFA 2005 PC in this. The ball is also bright white, a problem the PC version from 2003-2010 has had.

# 13 rckabillyRaider @ 08/18/10 09:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
Definitely tough to say anything. The game looks like the pace is too fast and almost arcade like. However, I believe both players are struggling to control their defenders - does anyone else notice it's almost too much commitment to the ball rather than marking - which is why on many occasion they are out of place.

I see a lot of core gameplay of FIFA 2005 PC in this. The ball is also bright white, a problem the PC version from 2003-2010 has had.
That's most likely due to the contrast setting on the tv and the codec used for video rendering. Each video codec has it's own unique characteristics.

# 14 Matt10 @ 08/18/10 10:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rckabillyRaider
That's most likely due to the contrast setting on the tv and the codec used for video rendering. Each video codec has it's own unique characteristics.
Could be, in the PC version this was a terminology called "baked lighting" in the ini config file. Next night game video, pay attention to see if the ball remains bright white regardless of the codec. The reason I mention the bright white is not for the sake of the color standing out - but rather the fact that when the ball is bright white like that, it makes the ball look a lot bigger to the player's feet. Which then skews the physics and the way the ball is looked at.

All in all, it depends on what you accept as a simulation soccer game. I dedicated an entire month changing the calves circumference of each player on PES4 - why? Because the ball in relation to the player's leg did not look right, and essentially made the players physics look clunky.

It's the little things, that's what FIFA's about this year, if the game turns out to have these kind of flaws, I can live with it, but I'll be nitpicky up until release.

# 15 rckabillyRaider @ 08/19/10 12:09 AM
Quote:
Could be, in the PC version this was a terminology called "baked lighting" in the ini config file. Next night game video, pay attention to see if the ball remains bright white regardless of the codec. The reason I mention the bright white is not for the sake of the color standing out - but rather the fact that when the ball is bright white like that, it makes the ball look a lot bigger to the player's feet. Which then skews the physics and the way the ball is looked at.

All in all, it depends on what you accept as a simulation soccer game. I dedicated an entire month changing the calves circumference of each player on PES4 - why? Because the ball in relation to the player's leg did not look right, and essentially made the players physics look clunky.

It's the little things, that's what FIFA's about this year, if the game turns out to have these kind of flaws, I can live with it, but I'll be nitpicky up until release.
totally agree though that the ball looks a bit too big in comparison to the players body. I guess we'll find out when the demo drops

# 16 dunlopp9987 @ 08/19/10 02:26 AM
Everyone keeps praising the pace shown in these videos....does no one watch real club football? The pace of these videos is faaar too quick. There was no build-up play, it was just storming down the pitch to try to get the ball into the net. One of my biggest complaints for fifa 10 and the wc edition was that the pace of the game didn't mirror real life. It needs to be slowed down substantially.

# 17 rckabillyRaider @ 08/19/10 03:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunlopp9987
Everyone keeps praising the pace shown in these videos....does no one watch real club football? The pace of these videos is faaar too quick. There was no build-up play, it was just storming down the pitch to try to get the ball into the net. One of my biggest complaints for fifa 10 and the wc edition was that the pace of the game didn't mirror real life. It needs to be slowed down substantially.
relax. The videos looked like it was two humans playing vs each other just trying to run up and down the pitch. We also don't know what speed setting it was on.

# 18 KG @ 08/19/10 08:41 AM
Quote:

Yeah, it looked like a club version of WC with the same pace. Still suffers from too many perfect tackles.

It's not all bad though. The animations and player movement is really smooth.

The game speed is probably on Normal which will be default for ranked online matches.

# 19 poster @ 08/19/10 09:46 AM
Definitely need to see videos vs the CPU. These two couldn't wait to get to the goal, so I can barely watch any of these human vs human videos of either game.

I too am hoping for some realistic pacing. I have never felt a drastic difference between Slow and Normal game speed. I guess there must be some difference although it is hard for me to tell. It isn't drastic enough, that I am certain of.

# 20 shadox @ 08/19/10 04:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by poster
Definitely need to see videos vs the CPU. These two couldn't wait to get to the goal, so I can barely watch any of these human vs human videos of either game.

I too am hoping for some realistic pacing. I have never felt a drastic difference between Slow and Normal game speed. I guess there must be some difference although it is hard for me to tell. It isn't drastic enough, that I am certain of.
Agree.
I also hope this was on a low diff. setting, cuz as much as I like the spacing in middfield, I disliked it in front of the goal.
But the motions and the overall flow looked great!
I really hope the new dynasty mode is solid this year!

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.