Home
NBA 2K11 News Post

Via @Ronnie2K

Quote:
"The Gamescon demo is set as default gamestyle. I have been trying to capture some footage for you all the past couple days at sim level."

Game: NBA 2K11Reader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 108 - View All
NBA 2K11 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 bearschicago @ 08/18/10 01:51 PM
Good. With all these complaints about court spacing(including me) this is still an issue. Along with the length/distance between the 3-point line and the halfcourt line being incorrect(should be 5 feet longer), it seems like the court spacing went back to 2K9 days.

2K10 actually wasn't too bad. Just needed to further expand it in 2K11. As well as make the player size smaller(especially big man as they were too bulky).

# 62 Jukeman @ 08/18/10 01:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BDM313
Court Spacing is The Only Problem....Other Than That Everything Else Looks Good Player Models Look Similar To 2K9 Which Is Good Players Were Kinda Small in 2K10 imo
Yea, I think thats why the court size stands out more

# 63 youvalss @ 08/18/10 01:52 PM
Casual mode: Where you hear all of the commentators' lines within one quarter...

Definitely a dunkfest, but I liked that throwdown 2 handed slam a lot! It was powerful and looked good!

# 64 BDM313 @ 08/18/10 01:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by convince
I have to agree the courts looks small even compare to 2k10. I wonder if they redid the player models w/o resizing the floor proportionally.
Looks Like They Did Just That Court Spacing Been a Problem Since 2K9 Figured They Would Have Fixed It By Then....Guess We'll Have To Wait And See When We Get A Hold Of The Demo

# 65 RIZDRAVER @ 08/18/10 01:53 PM
So they snagged Doris Burke from NBA on ABC and ESPN's NBA games. That's new and gives a more authentic NBA game feel.

# 66 Da_Czar @ 08/18/10 01:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BDM313
Court Spacing is The Only Problem....Other Than That Everything Else Looks Good Player Models Look Similar To 2K9 Which Is Good Players Were Kinda Small in 2K10 imo
For guys concerned with the court spacing do you think its worse that 2k10 from what you see in this video ?

# 67 Eman5805 @ 08/18/10 01:57 PM
I think court spacing is a bit of a problem because the man controlling the Mavs is running around at random with whoever he's controlling.

# 68 Pared @ 08/18/10 01:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
For guys concerned with the court spacing do you think its worse that 2k10 from what you see in this video ?
It's most likely the angle plus cropped video.

# 69 Goffs @ 08/18/10 02:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyboy703
2k has always been a dunkfest... even on hall of fame difficulty... You guys say you dont like to hear it looks the same, but i mean it does with some presentation improvements. Unless they get the control side of things down, I'm not going to like it... THE PLAYERS ARE HUGE, they look like blitz characters... but thats a 2k sports trademark just like in all pro football 2k8
lol right...i cant wait till your name is pink

# 70 renewill27 @ 08/18/10 02:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepytercel
As I said, if you read the Developer Insights, you'd clearly know.

Regardless, I got it confirmed as well by someone at 2K. I am sorry about the outlash, but it can be annoying when people jump to quick assumptions.
sleepy do you know if this is from an older build of the game?

# 71 bearschicago @ 08/18/10 02:02 PM
Quote:
It's quite possible they went back to the 2K9 days.

However, length/distance between 3-point line and halfcourt line is incorrect. Should be 5 feet longer. Live 10 was perfect. 2K has never fixed this issue.

Pause it at 3:28 Look at the length/distance between the 3-point line and the halfcourt line. Now compare it to 2K11 demo video. It's quite obvious.

# 72 Furq @ 08/18/10 02:03 PM
Ronnie said on twitter that the gamescon demo is set at default gamesim

# 73 renewill27 @ 08/18/10 02:03 PM
r u serious?

# 74 Pared @ 08/18/10 02:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepytercel
and that's why you got your game of choice. Don't be jealous because your game is having issues showing something competent. Why not scoot over to your little lonely forum area where you may continue to hope that your selected choice will at least be decent. I'm sorry that it won't happen.
This is COMPLETELY unnecessary. STOP.

# 75 BDM313 @ 08/18/10 02:03 PM
Quote:
Could Be They Way The Video Was Cropped and The Angle Ill Be Patient Tho And Wait For a Better Video.

# 76 neptuneniq @ 08/18/10 02:03 PM
i like the new visual playcalling for the point guards

if u cant see someone cutting or backdoor, it will show it for u in the little bubble

# 77 Goffs @ 08/18/10 02:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearschicago
It's quite possible they went back to the 2K9 days.

However, length/distance between 3-point line and halfcourt line is incorrect. Should be 5 feet longer. Live 10 was perfect. 2K has never fixed this issue.

Pause it at 3:28 Look at the length/distance between the 3-point line and the halfcourt line. Now compare it to 2K11 demo video. It's quite obvious.
never noticed how the length between the 3point line and the halfcourt line...that is a huge gap inbetween...

# 78 The 24th Letter @ 08/18/10 02:05 PM
I see some great framework, even on casual, not much else....why people think the game would be presented @ gamerscom in simulation mode and on the hardest difficulty is beyond me...As far as court spacing...id like to see it when d wade isnt dribbling right next to his teamates lol

# 79 youvalss @ 08/18/10 02:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Furq
Ronnie said on twitter that the gamescon demo is set at default gamesim
Here's the quote:

Quote:
The Gamescon demo is set as default gamesim. I have been trying to capture some footage for you all the past couple days at sim level.
So default = Casual, or what?

# 80 bearschicago @ 08/18/10 02:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrnoobie
never noticed how the length between the 3point line and the halfcourt line...that is a huge gap inbetween...
Yes! I've been saying this for the past couple of months!! Finally someone sees the light!! lol

But in all seriousness:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewie12
Court spacing can mean a couple of things.

The half court player spacing is fine as I see it. Being on a basketball floor with 6'8 220 all around you would be surprised how little space there is. I like that Dallas opened up in a 1-4 and showed some ideas of offensive spacing. Miami less so but the USER was running around like an idiot.

My major concern is they haven't addressed the length of the court. From 3pt line to 3pt line it looks and plays incredibly short. This looks worse than 2k10 for me. I don't know why but it does.
It's because of this my man: However, length/distance between 3-point line and halfcourt line is incorrect. Should be 5 feet longer.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.