Home
NBA 2K11 News Post

Game: NBA 2K11Reader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 108 - View All
NBA 2K11 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Jano @ 08/24/10 06:30 PM
Looks great and I'm liking the new jumpshots they look quicker and you actually see that the players bend their wrist on the follow through.

I also like that they brought over the direction indicator they had in Live 10 for defense. Will make it easier to see exactly what direction your player is moving in.

And I figured out the bubble with X's was the pick and roll indicator similar to the one in Live 10 last year. I'm honestly glad Mike spent some time over there at EA he got to bring over a lot of ideas from that game to 2K11.

Subtle little things but they can add a lot to the gameplay.

# 22 KyotoCarl @ 08/24/10 06:31 PM
Mavs-Heat video does look like a later build but court spacing looks better in this. Great stuff, presentation looks great!

# 23 ffaacc03 @ 08/24/10 06:31 PM
Its official, from today on I am selling a pint of my blood every two weeks in order to get those $60 bucks ... this is it: the best of all time.

Loved the player models, the movement (while dribbling and while not), the passes, the incredible back to back post moves by Howard and Billups, the presentation enhancements, the way the ball hit the rim when basket not made, the way the crowd looks, the arena, the new animations, the way VC was behaiving (thus it looked more like a young VC), Martin standing dunk ... love almost everything ! ... still some overhead passes and it seems like the court dimenssions are really a little bit small ? ... naahh, day 1 must own.

# 24 neptuneniq @ 08/24/10 06:31 PM
got to :40

watch Vince Carter, that was a dope sequence leading to that shot

# 25 thriller92 @ 08/24/10 06:32 PM
1:20 is awesome. The fluidity in that move as well as VC coming QUICKLY around screens has me very optomistic,. I'm surprised this thread hasnt garnered more attention so far. I really like how smooth the game is looking.

# 26 youvalss @ 08/24/10 06:32 PM
Good to see some FT situation. Faces are spot on, love 'em! still think the defense in the paint needs to be better. VC's been going to the hoop almast at will, and I'm not sure he can even do that anymore.

I loved it when VC was signaling the crowd to get louder!

# 27 Canquain @ 08/24/10 06:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaTwolves21
hmmmm thought those demo vids (miami @ dallas ) looked good but this video looks 2k 10ish...............
How can you even say that looks 2K10ish its like some of you guys are blind. 2K10 first of all isnt as smooth as it looked in the video. Shots look more better. What do you expect PC Graphics on the 360?

# 28 Goffs @ 08/24/10 06:35 PM
I found something wrong with the video...I'm on the phone and ask I got were blurry pics

# 29 RubenDouglas @ 08/24/10 06:36 PM
-a few slow drawn out animations (carters dunk at 4:38 reminded me of nba2k3-2k6 with the springboard slowmo dunks... have they returned?)
-few if any fouls. seems so like 2k10. little true "contact" situations
-long cpu 3/4 court over the head pass.
-atmosphere already feels stale and it's only the first vid. crowd chants seem ehh..

not sure what to think personally

true positives:
-drive in kick game is there with a carmelo anthony open jumper around the 3:40 mark

3"58 mark, in CH2k8, the user could initiate a "HARD foul" animation and there would be no dunk there

# 30 kpax1º1 @ 08/24/10 06:36 PM
The buzzer sound in the end, Melo's shot, the off-ball movement by VC and that post move by Howard... I really liked the video.

# 31 nccomicfan @ 08/24/10 06:36 PM
catch..hesitation..catch ..hesitation..rinse..repeat..ancient build I hope

# 32 Tha_Kid @ 08/24/10 06:37 PM
Since the passing insight was today, I found myself distracted by that in this video. 2K & EA have always spouted numbers re: animations so I know to take it with a grain of salt, but if there are 700 new passing animations, how is there still so much ugliness there. It's not that it takes away from the game - it is "2K basketball" through & through - I just thought after the insight that the roughness in the passing would be gone.

I like the presentation when they show the subs, nice touch. The AI (Magic) offense was really impressive to watch. The plays were ran well and with a sense of urgency, and they weren't afraid to take an opportunity when given (Nelson 3-pointer).

As Ruben pointed out, there were also a few drawn out animations (contact) and i'm not a big fan of the atmosphere. Clark Kellogg is horrible imo, but ymmv.

# 33 Jano @ 08/24/10 06:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Positive Chance
So you honestly didnt see anything wrong with that video ?
I wasn't looking for anything wrong I was just watching the video. I wasn't trying to dissect the thing, I saw some things I liked and I posted it.

I'll leave the negatives for you guys, I'm sure yall can handle it lol!

# 34 elprez98 @ 08/24/10 06:38 PM
The computer is playing very well. The VC dunk, Nelson's 3 and Howard's fake/step through, all very impressive.

# 35 P21J @ 08/24/10 06:38 PM
I kinda liked this video...the colors stood out and the facial animations look waaaaay better than 2K10's pinched face yells. I also like the new animation when Dwight was subbed out and looked like he told Bass about his defensive assignment. Can't wait to play the demo!

# 36 Goffs @ 08/24/10 06:39 PM
Lol very diplomatic jano!

# 37 elprez98 @ 08/24/10 06:40 PM
Also just saw the computer played pick and roll @ 3:40, perfectly.

# 38 eko718 @ 08/24/10 06:40 PM
The court might be zoomed out a bit; that's the only difference visually from the demo I see. Otherwise, vid looks great to me. The game speed also looks perfect. I thought the Gamescom speed was a touch slow.

Edit: I hope they change the in-game sub position, as it blocked a good portion of the court.

# 39 elprez98 @ 08/24/10 06:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by P21J
I also like the new animation when Dwight was subbed out and looked like he told Bass about his defensive assignment. Can't wait to play the demo!
Nice catch.

# 40 youvalss @ 08/24/10 06:42 PM
Until I play it, no way I can feel the controls, but it seems like it's more responsive, everything is a bit quicker and smoother. Hopefully, it turns out to be this way.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.