Home
NBA 2K11 News Post

Game: NBA 2K11Reader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 108 - View All
NBA 2K11 Videos
Member Comments
# 121 HotSauce2k3 @ 08/24/10 07:57 PM
I'm not sure what video everyone else is watching but this game is looking phenomenal. Animations are fluid, textures are crisp, and man this is the best presentation the NBA2k series has seen. Thank you ex-TNT guy.

# 122 turftickler @ 08/24/10 08:01 PM
Shock and awe! Player models looked like last years, so I'm thinking that was a rough build, especially since 2k11's player models in EasyEntertainment's videos were sleaker and more polished.

Still though, "If it's in the..... wait.....wait.....this is 2k Sports!

# 123 i c u cant stop me @ 08/24/10 08:01 PM
ummm i didnt read though all of the pages yet but that is a modded 2k10.. that is NOT i repeat NOT the amway center ive seen that place and go by it almost everyday. the lower bowl in that "2k11" video is the old lower bowl of the amway arena.

unless 2k doesnt have or new arena iam not buying.

# 124 Jano @ 08/24/10 08:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
And it seems like once again the CPU rotations/D are on another level from the user. 5:22 is great rotation by the CPU. Smith gets his defender to bite on a pump fake, Duhwight comes up to challenge the elbow J and the weakside block defender slides into the paint. Solid stuff, now we just need the user to get that same level of help. And the result of the shot/rotation is realistic too, just Shard left in the paint to rebound against Nene and Martin and Martin comes up with the offensive board. Good stuff in all regards in this sequence.
I've always wondered why this was the case. It always annoyed me when I would get shut down running one type of play while the CPU could do the same exact thing and be successful.

This is something that was an issue in both bball games wonder if a dev can shine some light on this...

# 125 i c u cant stop me @ 08/24/10 08:06 PM
Thats or old arena....come on 2k really??? lol been waiting for a new arena for my magic for 21 years we finally get one and it not in the game.

# 126 PantherBeast_OS @ 08/24/10 08:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KING2672
I like the slower pace of the game
Well bro NBA 2k11 got speed sliders so you should be able to adjust the speed to your likings. I do it all the time NBA2k7.

# 127 Epiffani @ 08/24/10 08:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeBronistheKing
I just refuse to believe that 2K would be going backwards in development the Gamescom videos had better spacing, more fluid and varied animations (including several new passing and bad pass animations not present in the Denver at Orlando video) Player body types appeared more varied and realistic, and had a better flow to both offense and defense the only thing really wrong from the footage from Gamescom was the high off the glass lay ups (which Mike Wang confirmed has been fixed) and cosmetic innaccuracies with accessories i.e. LeBron's logo placement on his headband and the calf sleeve sock bug. But other than that it looked light years ahead of 2K10. This footage looks like a slightly improved 2K10. Which is why I am hoping the Gamescom build was newer because it was on the right track and that footage had me salivating to play that game. This new footage just looks inferior.
LOL. You don't think you're going a tad bit overboard in your assessment of the video that you've seen from Gamescom in comparison to this footage? The number one thing people complain about in the video from gamescom was the spacing until it was bought up how the various camera angles can give you a different sense of the spacing on the floor, then and only then did people start harping on to a next "concern" which was the lay ups. And maybe the animation appeared to be more varied because well, in totality, the minutes from all of those videos by far eclipse the almost 7 minutes of footage that we've seen just now. I also think that you should rewatch some of those clips again because some of the problems that you apparently have with this footage was in fact in the Gamescom videos as well and that includes over headed passes. As far as players models being more accurate and diversified.... . Really, how would anyone be able to make such stark contrasts given the quality comparisons that we were and are dealing with? I think you should reel it in a bit because there isn't that much of a difference from what we've seen today as oppose to the stuff from gamescom (especially some of the things that you're citing has taken a hit).

# 128 eko718 @ 08/24/10 08:10 PM
One minor cosmetic detail... I like the 'ruffle' texture of the socks, but they look a bit too ruffled on higher socks...obviously higher socks have less 'slack'. This can be seen clearly in the vid and the Hi-res pics Steve OS posted. Just an observation.

# 129 STLRams @ 08/24/10 08:10 PM
Just finally watched the vid - wow, great animaitons and the game looks so much more fluid now. I noticed a couple of those new passes that were mentioned in the latest dev insight. I like the contact in the paint also, very much improved. That post move by Howard looked very realistic when he faked going up and went around his defender. Also the presentation looks great - the new art of showing players faces and stats when they are subbing out or going to the freethrow line. I don't know what's wrong with some of the people on the forum but I see alot of improvements from how NBA2K10 was. I can't wait for this game.

# 130 joel0078 @ 08/24/10 08:10 PM
I think the video looks good. I'm not gonna mention the good things, because there are FAR to many vs the negative. Two things that caught my eye, as well as the eye of others.....The player speed running up and down the court is to fast. I'm wondering if maybe this is a game speed issue? If so, it might be able to be adjusted through settings?

Second thing, I noticed a lot of jump shots went high off the glass, just like the layups in the Heat vs Mavs build. I'm not sure whether to think this is an older or newer build, or perhaps the same.

In any event, who cares if people are posting negative impressions? It's the negative impressions that catch the eye of Beluba and cause him to make adjustments. If everything was positive, they'd have nothing to work on! Overall, I'm looking forward to this game big time. Just hoping for a few tweaks, and some in game Jordan footage.

# 131 Kaanyr Vhok @ 08/24/10 08:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrestlinggod1
Oh god there's that bad animation at 1:05
The problem in 2k10 was the context not the animation. I see nothing wrong with the use of that animation in that situation. As long as shorter defenders dont force misses as easy its cool and it certainly beats the alternative.

I dont understand people's issue with this video. I would have liked to see that K-Mart dunk contested but other than that it beats the hijinks from the demo with Marion's rediculous dunks. I thought it looked good. Certainly better than 2k7-10 looked at this stage.

# 132 i c u cant stop me @ 08/24/10 08:14 PM
Anyone hear the p.a guy at 5:56-6:01? . hes like (in a high pitched voice) at the line shootling 2!.........(low pitch) vence carter.

# 133 ammofan @ 08/24/10 08:15 PM
This looks friggin amazing to me.

# 134 Kaanyr Vhok @ 08/24/10 08:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ace23
No foul @ 3:27?
It wasn't Michael Jordan

# 135 eko718 @ 08/24/10 08:21 PM
Again, for all the people complaining about the appearance of this video, notice that the Gamescom video is more ZOOMED IN than the video Ronnie posted. Same graphics, just less updates than the Miami Heat obviously have and it looks smaller. It's nothing to simply zoom in to get the same effect as the Gamescom vids.

# 136 domidomdomz @ 08/24/10 08:24 PM
The seqence in 1:05, can somebody tell me if that's canned animation or not? As I can't decide which. Thanks.

# 137 Kaanyr Vhok @ 08/24/10 08:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Positive Chance
Idk man . Nothing really seems different to me. I enjoy wtching the gamescom demo rather than this .

What kind of glorious sliders were you playing with to make the CPU play like that on offense in 2k10? I didnt see anything that Orlando did that didnt look like everyday NBA. The CPU was shaking with the corssover like a real person. No cheap backdoor BS too.

# 138 LeBronistheKing @ 08/24/10 08:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epiffani
LOL. You don't think you're going a tad bit overboard in your assessment of the video that you've seen from Gamescom in comparison to this footage? The number one thing people complain about in the video from gamescom was the spacing until it was bought up how the various camera angles can give you a different sense of the spacing on the floor, then and only then did people start harping on to a next "concern" which was the lay ups. And maybe the animation appeared to be more varied because well, in totality, the minutes from all of those videos by far eclipse the almost 7 minutes of footage that we've seen just now. I also think that you should rewatch some of those clips again because some of the problems that you apparently have with this footage was in fact in the Gamescom videos as well and that includes over headed passes. As far as players models being more accurate and diversified.... . Really, how would anyone be able to make such stark contrasts given the quality comparisons that we were and are dealing with? I think you should reel it in a bit because there isn't that much of a difference from what we've seen today as oppose to the stuff from gamescom (especially some of the things that you're citing has taken a hit).

While I agree that there was a larger wealth of game footage in the Gamescom videos that does not account for the fact that while, yes some of my concerns (overhead passing) were present in those videos. The frequency in which they occured was no where near the level that was displayed in this new footage. Overall the Gamescom videos had more varied pass animations executed in the correct situations as well as bad pass animations all of which are not present in this new video. In addition yes the player models looked more true to life in the Gamescom footage I am not the only person to point this out. If I'm supposed to "reel it in a bit" then what is the point of posting on this open forum. I'm the first to applaud 2K when they do something positive, but I'm also as a dedicated fan quick to point out where they should improve.

# 139 Kaanyr Vhok @ 08/24/10 08:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by domidomdomz
The seqence in 1:05, can somebody tell me if that's canned animation or not? As I can't decide which. Thanks.
Almost all two-man animations and most one animations are canned the question is how long do they last and what triggers them.

# 140 tcnumba10 @ 08/24/10 08:29 PM
As i said before, noticed that there were alot of overhead passing in that vid compared to the Dallas vs. Miami demo. Hope it's b/c this one was an earlier built...

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.