Home
NBA 2K11 News Post

Big thanks to domidomdomz!

If there are any other videos you have not seen, you can visit 8/25/10 NBA2K11 Recent Videos, or 23's Sticky at the top of the forum - All NBA 2K11 News Sticky.

Game: NBA 2K11Reader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 108 - View All
NBA 2K11 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 J-Clutch1 @ 08/25/10 06:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muzyk23
I think that's for next Tuesday
Nope, Ronnie said to expect 2 insights this week. We already had one so..

# 42 PantherBeast_OS @ 08/25/10 07:24 PM
Very good video. I'm loving how the Ai is playing D. The shooting is looking awsome. Can't wait to get the game in another month from now.

# 43 Jano @ 08/25/10 07:53 PM
The zoom in on the mascot had me laughing they cued up the music and everything haha!

# 44 mlp111 @ 08/25/10 08:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thetruth12349
can someone tell me what happened at 3:37-3:40
butler did a behind the back crossover and went out of bounds, at first i thought was sucked out of bounds, but if you watch it closely, you will see that he did a behind the back crossover and went out of bounds.
It actualy looked like a morphing glitch, so i think its just a morphing glitch!

# 45 LeBronistheKing @ 08/25/10 08:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by domidomdomz
Thanks for the credit man. But I only got it from someone in 2KSports Forums.

Anyway,

- Nice dunk by Butler over Joel Anthony
- Lots of pass interception by the Heat (CPU), you can tell that the player and the man with the cam were in awe (which is extremely good).
- I like how Lebron wants to attack the paint but get stopped by Mavs defenders. Although there was one fastbreak play wherein he could have attacked the rim for a layup/dunk and get a foul but he settled for a jumpshot. Anyway, nobody's perfect in real life and even LeBron makes mental lapses like that. lol
- Nice kick-out pass by Chalmers to Miller
- These GC vids really looked better than the one Ronnie provided which tells us that GC vids are more likely newer builds

The kick out pass is by LeBron James to Miller and it is something that impressed me because it is very true to life to what LeBron would do in that situation. Very well animated and also the pass was on the money presumeably because LeBron has a high passer rating. Very impressive.

# 46 Jakeness23 @ 08/25/10 08:28 PM
awesome video, seems like a better player on the controls which makes the overall game look good. btw, thanks for posting the video. HOPEFULLY there will be another short insight coming after the shot stick insight about accessories, i would REALLY like to know if they fixed some of the small things like i'm sure a lot of other people are wondering about as well (calf sleeves, over lapping accessories over one another, wristbands, y'all know what im talkin about)

# 47 NYCDaFuture @ 08/25/10 08:52 PM
Real good video.. Every1 already pointed out all da good stuff so let me jus point out wat I didn't like.. I already can see a few things that ppl r going to abuse aka cheese like crazy.. I'll jus mention 2 off da top real quick.. That stutter hesitation dribble.. Yup I kno every1 remembers 2k9 when ppl when do the quick hesitation n den drive all da time mad ez.. Also the bs charge thing.. Granted the CPU didn't fall fo the charge but wat about the human players for online.. Looks like the charge bs is gonna b just like 2k10.. I mean I rarely got caught in da charge but hopefully the charges aren't as bad as 2k10 when it would just suck u into the animation once u get the ball from inbounds... Good video tho... Ghost

# 48 ProtoPunch @ 08/25/10 09:25 PM
If I had to pick one thing I loved most about this video it's when Wade steals the ball after the user tries to force a pass twice. I've never seen that level of intelligence in any basketball game ever.

# 49 RubenDouglas @ 08/25/10 09:37 PM
I can see it in the video from the very beginning. When moving, players have a sort of weight to them. All of the animations early on you could see this clearly.

I loved CPU taking open mid range JUMP shots. that seems so rare but it happens in real life.. As I mentioned before, there isnt that complete DESIRE to go to the rim every single time like past 2k games where they would backdoor the hell out of you... Not anyMORE!

# 50 DirtyJerz32 @ 08/26/10 01:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubenDouglas
I can see it in the video from the very beginning. When moving, players have a sort of weight to them. All of the animations early on you could see this clearly.

I loved CPU taking open mid range JUMP shots. that seems so rare but it happens in real life.. As I mentioned before, there isnt that complete DESIRE to go to the rim every single time like past 2k games where they would backdoor the hell out of you... Not anyMORE!
Couldn't have said it better myself. Wow! Looked great.

# 51 adwen @ 08/26/10 09:37 AM
i cant watch it

# 52 adwen @ 08/26/10 09:38 AM
nvm wrong thread sry i was talking about gameshyde

# 53 bearschicago @ 08/26/10 10:19 AM
Very impressed at 3:04 when D-Wade not only tipped it once, but twice.

I also liked J-Kidd's secondary jumpshot and LeBron's spot-up jumper with a nice follow through.

# 54 bearschicago @ 08/26/10 10:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oOausarOo
I hope they addressed posting up on the baseline. It's way too easy to hit the side of the backboard.
It's because some animations plays out that far and thus hits the backboard. I don't know how 2K can fix this.

I also remember overhead passes hitting the side of the backboard. But with overhead passes finally being cut down, its probably fixed.

# 55 Goffs @ 08/26/10 11:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearschicago
It's because some animations plays out that far and thus hits the backboard. I don't know how 2K can fix this.

I also remember overhead passes hitting the side of the backboard. But with overhead passes finally being cut down, its probably fixed.
by taking out those specific animations and adding a more appropriate one...im sure they got this fixed...well maybe lol

# 56 bearschicago @ 08/26/10 11:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goffs
by taking out those specific animations and adding a more appropriate one...im sure they got this fixed...well maybe lol
True but he is talking about while backing down in the post, not facing up(hook shots/fadeaway/etc). These animations are always the same. Unless the game recognizes the distance or how close you are to the basket and adjusts accordingly I don't know how 2K fixes this.

# 57 TheKasmar @ 08/26/10 11:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearschicago
True but he is talking about while backing down in the post, not facing up(hook shots/fadeaway/etc). These animations are always the same. Unless the game recognizes the distance or how close you are to the basket and adjusts accordingly I don't know how 2K fixes this.
I have a bad habit of this as well. Not only with the post-up, but also with drifters. I have been on the baseline trying to trigger a normal lay-up but instead I get a drifter on the baseline that hits the side of the backboard. I play on the side view so I always make sure If Im postng or shooting drifters I move the shotstick away from the baseline.

# 58 BlackRome @ 08/26/10 01:46 PM
This video shows exactly why you should never play 2k on the side view. You can't stand in front of anyone.

Does anyone play Madden on the side view. No. Do you play Hockey on the side view. No.

Didn't 2k invent the 2k camera for a reason. It was part of the reason it took Live years to catch up.

It's like the developers of Live made the game on the side view.

# 59 lv2bll @ 08/26/10 02:05 PM
If one of the OS guys like da_czar would post a video you will see a big difference in the way these games look and play. We all saw how ronnie played, how he was jacking up contested shots and not running plays. I wish they would record a real sim game and show us how the came could really look like
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackRome
This video shows exactly why you should never play 2k on the side view. You can't stand in front of anyone.

Does anyone play Madden on the side view. No. Do you play Hockey on the side view. No.

Didn't 2k invent the 2k camera for a reason. It was part of the reason it took Live years to catch up.

i play on side view as well, its more sim and the animations look more lifelike than in 2k. and i cant stand that awkward half spin the screen does when changing possesions.

to me the 2k cam feels cheap and an easy way to spin and crossover your way to a post shot.. In fact im gonna put a poll up and see what other people think.

No diss toward you, just stating my opinion

# 60 Goffs @ 08/26/10 02:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackRome

you still whining about this? theres like 30 camera angles to choose from...i play broadcast cam...what now? you gonna tell me im playing the game wrong?

« Previous 123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.