Home
NBA 2K11 News Post

Gamersyde has posted an NBA 2K11 video, from the demo at Gamerscom. The video was captured in HD.

Quote:
"Cologne is long gone but we still have a few more videos left to show and tonight it is NBA 2K11's turn to be in the spotlight. Before you watch the video, I want to apologize to all basketball fans for playing so poorly. Clearly, I would have done a better job if I had been wearing a blindfold. Still, even if it is not the best footage ever, you can see the game in action in rather good quality and you get to admire the AI's style. No laughing now right?"

Game: NBA 2K11Reader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 108 - View All
NBA 2K11 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 blingballa333 @ 08/25/10 09:52 PM
Nice Find

# 2 J-Clutch1 @ 08/25/10 09:54 PM
Even though it's only 2:15 long, I liked pretty much every second.

# 3 youvalss @ 08/25/10 10:06 PM
Nowitzki looks like he could use some rest at the beginning...he's squinting

It's Miami vs Miami, since only Miami is playing basketball. I like what I see, the heat move the ball very well and create themselves some open shots/dunks. And I really like the dunks this year!

# 4 23 @ 08/25/10 10:06 PM
Man that looked smooth or is my computer acting up?

# 5 RubenDouglas @ 08/25/10 10:06 PM
@ Wade's spin catch and fastbreak dunk. animation stringing together flawlessly.. amazing

# 6 domidomdomz @ 08/25/10 10:10 PM
Very smooth and lifelike. The game speed was superb here. How I wish the 8:51 vid had the same quality.

# 7 youvalss @ 08/25/10 10:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by youvalss
Nowitzki looks like he could use some rest at the beginning...he's squinting
On second thought, he looks drunk. LOL at his tongue...what's going on, Dirk?

# 8 domidomdomz @ 08/25/10 10:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by youvalss
On second thought, he looks drunk. LOL at his tongue...what's going on, Dirk?
Like this Dirk?

# 9 jr2424 @ 08/25/10 10:14 PM
Best looking video so far. Smooth is really the only word that can describe it. The Heat's first possession had so much off ball movement. The Wade breakaway dunk looked surreal. WOW

# 10 youvalss @ 08/25/10 10:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by domidomdomz
Like this Dirk?

Is that Nash?

And yeah, the second one you posted is exactly how he looks in the video.

# 11 domidomdomz @ 08/25/10 10:19 PM
Yeah, it's him. Back in his Dallas days I believe.

Back in the vid, I also noticed from the GC vids the variation of pre-game presentation, there's the one showing players right out of the bus, walking from the tunnel, players huddling before the game, showing a pic or virtual vid of American Airlines Arena, etc. I wish there are some more.

# 12 elprez98 @ 08/25/10 10:22 PM
Wow. This is best looking vid. The game is so nice.

# 13 JVal3208 @ 08/25/10 10:27 PM
Easily the best looking footage yet. Does anyone know if this build is earlier than the Nuggets-Magic footage?

# 14 Jano @ 08/25/10 10:35 PM
Wow definitely the best vid so smooth you can really tell how much the player locomotion has improved by looking at this vid.

And yea JVal3208 the Nuggs vs Magic was from an old build Beluba said it on his twitter I believe..

# 15 trentrud @ 08/25/10 10:40 PM
Wow, that's smooth as butter. Hoping it was the game itself and not the capture camera. If the game does look this smooth, watch out!Although I didn't see the smoothness from the DEN vs ORL video. Hoping that's a build issue.

# 16 spankdatazz22 @ 08/25/10 10:42 PM
The term "Locomotion" always strikes me as an EA term for their attempts to get animations on par with what they had last gen. Other games just animate. Oh well maybe it's just me.

Anyways... direct-feed video really shows off how gorgeous the game looks/animates

# 17 VDusen04 @ 08/25/10 10:44 PM
Maybe I just don't have the eyes you guys do, but this was the first video that looked as spectacular as the rest of you were saying 2K11 was looking. It was just too much to pick up on a good feel for the game from a guy taping on his phone or digital. This looks tremendously smooth. People love to crank with JKidd from 35 plus though, don't they?

The dunks do look a teeny bit slow sometimes. I heard some posters mention "floaty" and that seems like a good word for it. Most everything else is looking delicious at this point.

# 18 blingballa333 @ 08/25/10 10:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
Maybe I just don't have the eyes you guys do, but this was the first video that looked as spectacular as the rest of you were saying 2K11 was looking. It was just too much to pick up on a good feel for the game from a guy taping on his phone or digital. This looks tremendously smooth. People love to crank with JKidd from 35 plus though, don't they?

The dunks do look a teeny bit slow sometimes. I heard some posters mention "floaty" and that seems like a good word for it. Most everything else is looking delicious at this point.
Yup. Exactly. This is my only complaint about what I've seen thus far. And the fact that the calf sleeve bug hasn't been fixed irks me too

# 19 eko718 @ 08/25/10 10:49 PM
At first I thought it was maybe a camera thing, the difference between Gamescom videos and what Ron posted. But now its quite clear that Ron's video was an older version due to the lack of graphical details that are clearly noticeable when comparing the two.

# 20 trentrud @ 08/25/10 10:55 PM
Quote:
@datboimall Great question. Forgot to mention, latest audio (& other things) weren't put into this build. So you'll see a big step up there
This is from several hours ago from Ronnie2k's twitter. All I know is, 2k11's final final build is going to be a beauty to watch.

« Previous123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.