Home
NBA 2K11 News Post

2K Sports has just posted another NBA 2K11 Developer Insight, going over the controls in the game.

Quote:
"The number of moves you can pull off in NBA 2K11 is pretty insane. When you get your hands on the game this fall, one of the first things I’d recommend to everyone is to navigate to the Main Menu and go to --> Options --> My Controller --> Advanced Controls. Here, we’ve detailed most of the major things that we’ve added to the on-court experience. Of course, in typical 2K fashion, we’ve left some of the moves off the list for you to discover on your own as you play the game. As a game designer, one of the ways I’ve always gone about my work is to study real NBA games and translate what I see into game mechanics. For me, if I can pull off everything I see on TV in our game, then I’m pretty happy with the controls. And with NBA 2K11, there’s very little (if anything) that you can’t do on the sticks to replicate your favorite real life moments. I remember being in motion capture with a few of the swingmen we brought in to do some new dribble moves and shots. Walking the guys through what we wanted them to do, on more than one occasion they would say, “that’s a great move, I’m gonna start using that” or “man, you guys got every move in the book in this game!” Coming from NBA-caliber talent, that’s a nice acknowledgement to how in-depth some of the moves in our game have become."

Game: NBA 2K11Reader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 108 - View All
NBA 2K11 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 Beluba @ 08/26/10 05:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeljordanjr
Will we have signature shot arcs?

Will there be self-alley oops? Or throwing the ball off the backboard?
There are signature shot arcs.

# 62 infam0us @ 08/26/10 05:16 PM
Mike would that work for PC with a 360 controller? Posting up using the trigger buttons or are the triggers still the bumpers and the bumpers are the triggers.

# 63 Goffs @ 08/26/10 05:20 PM
Mike! will holding down the LT when playing defense use up energy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by infam0us
Mike would that work for PC with a 360 controller? Posting up using the trigger buttons or are the triggers still the bumpers and the bumpers are the triggers.
oh man...i hope we get the same control config as the console version

# 64 ehh @ 08/26/10 05:24 PM
Haven't there been signature shot arcs since 2K7?

Good vid, looking forward to seeing how good this feels.

# 65 yungflo @ 08/26/10 05:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ace23
NBA Live 03 had flagrant fouls.
really? thats awesome. lol

# 66 BezO @ 08/26/10 05:28 PM
Damn! These dudes know how to make & improve a sports video game. Other developers should take notice. EVERYTHING I've seen so far is meant to make the game look & feel more realistic so we can do more of what we see on Sun... well, everynight.

Looking forward to it.

# 67 gabri3l3 @ 08/26/10 05:30 PM
THIS IS GRAND!!

"And if all that fails, hold RT (R2 on PS3) and push the Right Analog toward the ball handler for a hard foul. That’s always fun."

# 68 23 @ 08/26/10 05:33 PM
Im buying 3 copies.. one for each system

That is all

# 69 HotSauce2k3 @ 08/26/10 05:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dredre
great insight, but my players insights next....YES!!
Really? Excellent. I will be glued to OS next week...

# 70 Tha_Kid @ 08/26/10 05:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goffs
Mike! will holding down the LT when playing defense use up energy?

oh man...i hope we get the same control config as the console version
Things will be a lot less intuitive if we don't.

# 71 LeBronistheKing @ 08/26/10 05:36 PM
Loved this insight absolutely loved it continue to be blown away. This part in particular was of great interest to me......

Another tool for creating space, we’ve added some new Hop Step Button moves. My favorite addition is what we’ve deemed “Signature Hop Gathers.” This feature was birthed from seeing clips of Deron Williams breaking down his man with a few setup dribbles and hopping off to the side as he was gathering for a jumpshot. We ended up capturing several different types of hop gathers, many of them signature like Lebron’s quick spin pickup .......

Is this referring to the move LeBron has used frequently as illustrated in this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SDaTT1ykM0

# 72 ffaacc03 @ 08/26/10 05:53 PM
This article was a Mike Wang "signature style" blog ... it mocapped his "MW shot" truthfully !

I am a buyer for sure but there are only 2 more things left for me to know/hear/read and make me completly satisfied, even without actually playing them game yet:

1. Association refinament and improved depth (unguaranteed contracts, split MLE, better trade logic AI, ...).

2. Customization / Editing enhancements (team ratings and tendencies, player ratings and tendencies, create a player, create a team, create unis, player faces pictures, ...).

Most of the enhancements and refinements on my post here: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2041464760

# 73 Da-Man @ 08/26/10 05:59 PM
meh...... not impressed with anything so far.... looks like i'm stuck with nba live 07 with updated rosters for another year

# 74 scatman @ 08/26/10 06:00 PM
Every time (and I do mean every time) I read something new about this game I have the same thing to say; wow. I mean, if the controls are as smooth and easy as live is in terms of pulling off the moves, I'm really going to go in on this. I excited about the customization too. I really really excited for the potential of this game. Dammit oct. 5 get here now!!!!

# 75 Eman5805 @ 08/26/10 06:06 PM
Man, this is gonna be Sizzle. Can't wait to get on the sticks, this year. Ain't had this much anticipation for a sports game in a long time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da-Man
meh...... not impressed with anything so far.... looks like i'm stuck with nba live 07 with updated rosters for another year
You do that, buddy.

And while you're at it, play Madden 97. Man, that Tiburon Sharks team with the 7 foot tall women WRs just owns.

Edit: Also, hearing that Paul Pierce has a different set shot from 3 is just awesome. If he does that lil' "Is it going in?" lean thing he does too, I'm gonna lose it.

# 76 Kaanyr Vhok @ 08/26/10 06:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beluba
it is. holding LT+RT (L2+R2) puts the ball handler into the dribble protect model. Push into the D with both triggers held will post up.
I'm glad thats back!!. Now I can play Nate ball on offense too. Sayyyyy Mike. Are defenders still frozen when they put their hands up?

# 77 23 @ 08/26/10 06:28 PM
Hey man take that stuff to PM

# 78 yungflo @ 08/26/10 06:36 PM
NBA2k11 is as to NBA SIM as ESPN2k5 is to NFL SIM.

# 79 youvalss @ 08/26/10 06:45 PM
No more auto post-up. Good!

Now let's see how long it will take me to get the all the controls right. Gotta dedicate myself to that, or else it will never happen.

# 80 kolanji @ 08/26/10 06:53 PM
they just prove why MJ is on the cover.....i feel like am robbing them when i will only pay $59.99 plus tax for all that hard work

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.