Home
NBA 2K11 News Post

Gamespot has just posted their NBA 2K11 hands-on preview, detailing Michael Jordan-specific content.

They've also posted some new Michael Jordan "Tongue" screenshots.

Quote:
"Michael Jordan. Sadly, that name might not mean much to younger fans of the NBA, particularly in an era where the most talented stars hold hour-long TV specials to announce which team is going to pay them more than the last. Still, Michael Jordan is arguably the greatest to play the sport of basketball, and his appearance on NBA 2K11's cover--according to developer Visual Concepts--is not only a celebration of that, but also an opportunity to expose the current generation of Kobe and LeBron fans to a man who took the NBA to a whole new level. To be clear, Jordan is more than NBA 2K11's cover athlete. In fact, there are a couple of modes in the game that specifically focus on number 23 and his career."

Game: NBA 2K11Reader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 108 - View All
NBA 2K11 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 skinnybonez @ 08/26/10 11:30 PM
not buying 2k11, the concords doesn't have clear soles

# 22 J-H!zZl3 @ 08/26/10 11:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinnybonez

# 23 scatman @ 08/26/10 11:37 PM
Quote:
I'm sure your joking, but even if you aren't it doesn't matter.....I wonder if the shoes are editable so that maybe we can do our own color ways, maybe even add light grey color to make the sole appear clear. In any event, I can't wait to get my hands on this game....I can't even stand to look at 2K10 anymore after seeing all of this.

# 24 Epiffani @ 08/26/10 11:42 PM
The thread title is killing me man , and the quotations around the word "tongue" makes it even funnier (people have been asking for "pink tongue" too.)

To stay on topic, yea the screens look good .

# 25 Raven Nation42 @ 08/26/10 11:54 PM
Great pics of Mike, looking forward to playing this in October

# 26 Spartan901 @ 08/27/10 12:06 AM
Did anyone see the Deron Williams pic? WTF??

# 27 domidomdomz @ 08/27/10 12:08 AM
That 2K11 Deron is better than 2K10 Deron. But needs improvement. Glad NBA2K Cyberface patchers are skilled enough.

Oh, and I'm fine with that red on the Rockets uni.

# 28 youvalss @ 08/27/10 12:09 AM
Who's that #6 on the Sonics?

EDIT:
It must be Joe Generic.

# 29 mlp111 @ 08/27/10 12:15 AM
Quote:
your lose over something so petty!

# 30 VDusen04 @ 08/27/10 12:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by youvalss
Who's that #6 on the Sonics?

EDIT:
It must be Joe Generic.
Can I ask where you saw a #6 on the Sonics? Are there more than two Jordan pictures?

# 31 JSapida @ 08/27/10 12:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eDotd
Yes! The tongue is pink!
MJ forgot to eat his gummy bears for that game

# 32 LeBronistheKing @ 08/27/10 12:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakedowncapo

GAME
OVER

Shoes look pretty good but the black patent leather should have a shiny texture to it..............

The 11s should be black and red for the Jordan challenge and look like this....

# 33 youvalss @ 08/27/10 12:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
Can I ask where you saw a #6 on the Sonics? Are there more than two Jordan pictures?
Yes, there are couple more, and also couple of none-Jordan ones.

And here's what I was talking about:

# 34 Goffs @ 08/27/10 12:25 AM
generic #6 got a handfull of Jordan pit

# 35 bearschicago @ 08/27/10 12:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goffs
generic #6 got a handfull of Jordan pit
Foul!

# 36 2BDK @ 08/27/10 12:33 AM
2k I'm diggin MJ & everything you guys have done so far, but can we please get the armband on his elbow. Example....

And not just him but Kobe as well...

Come please put this back in because many player have wore it in this position. MJ is da main player who started this

# 37 VDusen04 @ 08/27/10 12:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by youvalss
Yes, there are couple more, and also couple of none-Jordan ones.

And here's what I was talking about:

Thanks man. I did not see these ones. Interesting they rolled with a generic opponent for the screenshot. Maybe a Frank Brickowski stand-in?

# 38 youvalss @ 08/27/10 12:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2BDK
2k I'm diggin MJ & everything you guys have done so far, but can we please get the armband on his elbow. Example....

And not just him but Kobe as well...

Come please put this back in because many player have wore it in this position. MJ is da main player who started this
Yeah, definitely a must. I guess I'll have to go with the elbow pad if it's not in the game. PS2 version still has it perfect, though...

# 39 funkefresh @ 08/27/10 12:42 AM
they should seriously think about doing a dream team version for next year. why not. keep the same formula but go international. they still must have jordans # and price.

# 40 nickjames @ 08/27/10 12:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearschicago
Since when do rookies ask/demand a trade? For the most part they are happy just to have a contract! Teams also generally don't trade rookies because they are cheap contract.

A better way is something like "Ask Coach" option where coach tells you what you need to improve to get more playing time. The way to achieve this is not only by games but also drills, practice and scrimmage.
I guess that's true, but I do think the CPU logic needs to be improved, especially with players on your team. They take stupid shots and make bad decisions on a far too consistent basis, which leads to me being angry haha.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.