Home
NBA 2K11 News Post

Gamespot has just posted their NBA 2K11 hands-on preview, detailing Michael Jordan-specific content.

They've also posted some new Michael Jordan "Tongue" screenshots.

Quote:
"Michael Jordan. Sadly, that name might not mean much to younger fans of the NBA, particularly in an era where the most talented stars hold hour-long TV specials to announce which team is going to pay them more than the last. Still, Michael Jordan is arguably the greatest to play the sport of basketball, and his appearance on NBA 2K11's cover--according to developer Visual Concepts--is not only a celebration of that, but also an opportunity to expose the current generation of Kobe and LeBron fans to a man who took the NBA to a whole new level. To be clear, Jordan is more than NBA 2K11's cover athlete. In fact, there are a couple of modes in the game that specifically focus on number 23 and his career."

Game: NBA 2K11Reader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 108 - View All
NBA 2K11 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 Rocboyz101 @ 08/27/10 03:40 PM
Damn that deron williams face is their worst attempt yet..by far imo. Glad Im not a jazz fan. The jordan screens look amazing though.

# 82 J-Clutch1 @ 08/27/10 04:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocboyz101
Damn that deron williams face is their worst attempt yet..by far imo. Glad Im not a jazz fan. The jordan screens look amazing though.
Lol, it's alright, I could live with it.

I agree with you on the Jordan screens though.

# 83 Rocboyz101 @ 08/27/10 04:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by V!n$an!+y
Lol, it's alright, I could live with it.

I agree with you on the Jordan screens though.
I normally am optimistic and leniant with screenshots but I gotta think about how angry I'd be if they got Steve nash that wrong..I'd be really upset. lol

# 84 AiRJorDan23 @ 08/27/10 04:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakedowncapo

GAME
OVER

2K deserves an applause.

# 85 Goffs @ 08/27/10 04:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by youvalss
I have 2 questions for someone from 2K (hopefully they're still around) regarding generic players:

1) Can we edit those players (name, look, attributes etc.) instead of creating new players and replacing them?

2) If we change their names to the real names (or create the missing players with real names), will the announcers/PA say those names?

Thanks!
1) from the man himself
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beluba
Yes, for guys we couldn't secure a license for, they were replaced with generics. The classic team rosters ARE editable though so you can put the right guys in... or download someone else's 2K Share roster, which I'm sure there will be plenty of. And yes, you can also take the historical teams into the Association mode. Simballer will be expanding on that at a later time.
2) on ronnies twitter i remember reading that they expanded on the names so it should be safe to say that the MIA players will get their names called...

# 86 youvalss @ 08/27/10 05:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goffs
1) from the man himself

2) on ronnies twitter i remember reading that they expanded on the names so it should be safe to say that the MIA players will get their names called...
OK, thanks for the post.

# 87 Spartan901 @ 08/27/10 05:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocboyz101
Agreed, Worst Williams I've seen in 2k. But Jordan looks great

# 88 Goffs @ 08/27/10 05:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by youvalss
OK, thanks for the post.
since we are able to edit the classic rosters i hope they gave us more options for hair for the CAP system...we need some 80's and early 90's hairstyles....

# 89 FranchiseBoi101 @ 08/27/10 05:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan901
Agreed, Worst Williams I've seen in 2k. But Jordan looks great
so you think the deron williams from 2k10 looked better....wow but anyway the 2k11 version looks much much better.

# 90 cjallure24 @ 08/27/10 05:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakedowncapo

GAME
OVER
"Concord" XI's....... , greatest sneaker in the world (IMO), finally in a video game.

# 91 Rocboyz101 @ 08/27/10 05:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FranchiseBoi101
so you think the deron williams from 2k10 looked better....wow but anyway the 2k11 version looks much much better.
I think it does..but barely. Might be tied for equally horrible.Guess he's just a player thats hard for 2k to get right..

# 92 Kage123 @ 08/27/10 05:53 PM
These are definitely the best set of virtual MJ pics I've ever seen. Simply amazing!

# 93 Sinner @ 08/27/10 07:33 PM
Very nice to see the press this game is getting, loving the screens and the videos they are all looking great. Loved the last couple insights of how the control has been changed and like what im seeing of the gameplay...of course playing myself is the ultimate judge of the game. Can't wait to play with all the classic teams...something that I hope has really been improved is the atmosphere and reaction of the crowd. They are really going to need to be loud and lively at the appropiate times for this to be the total package game. Can't wait for vids from a closer to retail finished game and hopefully insights will let us know more but looks great so far, day 1 purchase

# 94 CavsTakeItAll @ 08/28/10 09:12 PM
Thats fake unless they added the leg sleeve last minute then thats fake

# 95 VDusen04 @ 08/28/10 11:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CavsTakeItAll
Thats fake unless they added the leg sleeve last minute then thats fake
I believe 2K mentioned they were indeed adding the leg sleeve.

# 96 Boilerbuzz @ 08/29/10 12:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearschicago
Since when do rookies ask/demand a trade? For the most part they are happy just to have a contract! Teams also generally don't trade rookies because they are cheap contract.

A better way is something like "Ask Coach" option where coach tells you what you need to improve to get more playing time. The way to achieve this is not only by games but also drills, practice and scrimmage.
I agree 100% with this. I hope I don't have THAT much 'control'...

# 97 Boilerbuzz @ 08/29/10 12:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueNGold

Not gonna lie, this is the first time I've ever saved a video game screenshot. Better yet, it's the first time I've ever put one as my desktop.

A-M-A-Z-I-N-G.
You should try WoW.

I'm sure to some people, this looks like a "mindless zombie"...

# 98 Boilerbuzz @ 08/29/10 12:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RIZDRAVER
There's probably been enough clamor about shorts to get 2K's attention. It's just surprising to see them in there when they've repeatedly stated in articles that the short length would be era specific.
You're going to have to deal with it. I HIGHLY doubt that there's enough time for them to change anything, let alone the player model.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.