Home
FIFA 11 News Post

Check out the latest FIFA Soccer 11 Producer blog with Marcel Kuhn, Producer/Designer for offline and online Game Modes.

Quote:
"My name is Marcel Kuhn and I am a Producer/Designer for offline and online Game Modes on FIFA 11. My main focus for FIFA 11 is the all-new Career Mode and I wanted to give you some insight to what this game mode is all about.You’ve probably played Manager Mode and Be A Pro: Seasons in FIFA 10. For FIFA 11, we’ve decided to remove these two Game Modes and create a totally new experience that combines these two Modes into one connected Mode - that Mode is called Career Mode.

As we come closer to the release of FIFA 11 we will be revealing many more details about this game mode, but today I want to focus on some of the basic building blocks of the mode as well as take you on a journey through the first couple of weeks in this year’s Career Mode.

To start off, I created my Virtual Pro and trained him a bit in the arena before taking him with me in the Career Mode.

The first choice I have to make is if I want to start a career as a Player, a Manager or a Player-Manager. Either choice will allow you to play a 15-year long career. To experience a total football career you can start as a player and when the time comes to hang your boots up you can become a Manager. Or you can start as a Manager right away, the choice is yours.

I will go for a Player-Manager Career, as that will allow me to play locked to my Virtual Pro or to control the whole squad. Also I can make the choice to field my Virtual Pro or not as I will be responsible for the line-up of my squad."

Game: FIFA Soccer 11Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: NDS / PC / PS2 / PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 16 - View All
FIFA Soccer 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Rules @ 08/27/10 03:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ermolli
Awesome read, looking forward to FIFA 11

# 2 iamironman84 @ 08/27/10 03:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rules
Awesome read, looking forward to FIFA 11
Those sentiments are seconded.

# 3 goalie @ 08/27/10 04:53 PM
continues to sound great...

# 4 rooney8 @ 08/27/10 06:53 PM
OK I am impressed. Well done Fifa team. Some things I noticed but G.Barry was very undervalued and why were you negotiating with Cardiff for Bellamy when he is on loan there. Man City own him. Does that mean if I have a player on loan I can sell him?

# 5 bjh909 @ 08/28/10 07:36 AM
One of the cool bits I noticed was that listing a few clubs acknowledges some leagues in the game.

England, France, Spain, Germany, Netherlands... no surprise.

But Saturn... confirms Russian League, which from last year, we remember was a promise anyway.

# 6 bhurst99 @ 08/28/10 10:08 AM
I wonder if the BeAPro portion of your career will still be limited to four years or if you can be a player-coach for all 15 years?

# 7 Ermolli @ 08/28/10 03:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhurst99
I wonder if the BeAPro portion of your career will still be limited to four years or if you can be a player-coach for all 15 years?
This, it was said somewhere.

# 8 EWRMETS @ 08/30/10 10:32 AM
I'm just hoping the new mode isn't buggy because it sounds great.

# 9 aloncho11 @ 08/31/10 12:39 PM
Sounds good

# 10 cheesesteak @ 09/01/10 04:07 AM
So in as a Player in either modes, I'm not limited to just controlling my Virtual Pro, right? I can actually play as the whole team?

Or is that manager mode? Or is manage mode limited to literally manager only (like Football Manager)?

# 11 Montel @ 09/01/10 02:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesesteak
So in as a Player in either modes, I'm not limited to just controlling my Virtual Pro, right? I can actually play as the whole team?

Or is that manager mode? Or is manage mode limited to literally manager only (like Football Manager)?
The Player Mode is the Be A Pro Mode which was in previous FIFA. Player Manager Mode is the Be A Pro Mode with the possibilty for your player to be a coach later in his career. And finaly the classic career mode is the Manager Mode, where you play as the whole team like usual.

# 12 iamironman84 @ 09/01/10 03:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montel
The Player Mode is the Be A Pro Mode which was in previous FIFA. Player Manager Mode is the Be A Pro Mode with the ability to act as the manager. It combines Be A Pro and Manager Mode. And finaly the classic career mode is the Manager Mode, where you play as the whole team like usual.
Fixed in bold... from what I've read about the game anyway. You also have the option to start as a player and work your way through the 3 modes in a 15-yr career.

# 13 JJT @ 09/01/10 05:41 PM
I am excited for that mode, since I would be dominating a game with my BAP and the manager would never take me out. Finally I can play the game but make subs like they should do it.

# 14 cheesesteak @ 09/02/10 11:44 PM
Thanks for the info =D

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.