Home
NBA 2K11 News Post

The Los Angeles Times have posted their NBA 2K11 article on the Michael Jordan features, in the game. No new info here, but they do have a few new screenshots.

Quote:
"Fans of the series are going to be thrilled to know that in NBA 2K11 Michael Jordan is much, much more than just a cover athlete," Jason Argent, vice president of marketing for 2K Sports, said in a news release. "We're excited to start talking about the ways that Michael will be used in the game and there's still a lot more to come."

Game: NBA 2K11Reader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 108 - View All
NBA 2K11 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 youvalss @ 08/27/10 07:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by elprez98
Again, that's not the casual gamer. That section of the population of basketball gamers, is no bigger than this section here at OS. NBA 2k10, I believe, was the #1 selling game in October 2009 (across all platforms), because Kobe was on the cover. Plus, EA is not confidently marketing Elite as a comparable option this year. Not on OS, and not anywhere else. You have to give credit where credit is due. 2k marketing guy, Ronnie, has done an amazing job over the last three years to maintain a presence on FB/Myspace/Twitter and the 2k website itself. It is no accident that you are hearing more about 2k than Elite this year.
I can keep this discussion going, but there's no point. 2K is doing a good job, but they should make sure that all other aspects of the game are advetised as well. That's all I'm going to say.

# 22 coolcras7 @ 08/27/10 07:30 PM
most of the people making those comments are live fanboys who run to everything 2k to leave negative comments 2k fanboys do the same thing so it all fair game, people will decided when the demo hits and all the reviews come out which is the better game, but getting back to the article besides the new photos of MJ this is the only other new info from the article "All of the off-seaon trades and pickups are on the disk, and if you hook your game system up to the Web, as players are moved or are injured you have the option of having your season sync with real life" this is great news not I can play with current rosters in my season all year.

# 23 yungflo @ 08/27/10 07:35 PM
I'm putting MJ on the cavs, when you really think about it, it fits. just like the bulls, before jordan there had little success and is on no ones radar currently.

# 24 yungflo @ 08/27/10 07:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by youvalss
I can keep this discussion going, but there's no point. 2K is doing a good job, but they should make sure that all other aspects of the game are advetised as well. That's all I'm going to say.
when the game drops, look for reviews to be quoted in commercials or sites.

# 25 youvalss @ 08/27/10 07:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yungflo
I'm putting MJ on the cavs, when you really think about it, it fits. just like the bulls, before jordan there had little success and is on no ones radar currently.
MJ was the one who put a curse on the Cavs, so I guess he's the only one who can remove it.

# 26 yungflo @ 08/27/10 07:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by killah13600
idk why ppl keep saying... "shorts too baggy" like damn wtf u want tight like leggins?? damn it look good too me
that's right. you don't get it! They want actual representation man, you can't fault them for that. However, refs uniforms sound like nitpick.

They say we get to relive jordans moments and fans want to relive it as accurately close as they can.

What is that so confusing? lol.

I'm not uptight about it, but I understand where these guys are coming from. I like the complainers. If it weren't for them, arm bands would still be thin!

# 27 yungflo @ 08/27/10 07:48 PM
Quote:
MJ was the one who put a curse on the Cavs, so I guess he's the only one who can remove it.
lol..too bad 2k doesn't have a decision mode, I'll take MJ's talents to souf beach, and crush 2k cavs fans.

All jokes aside, cavs are going to be the 86 bulls when I get it. First I need to get a console or a new pc.

# 28 SHAKYR @ 08/27/10 07:48 PM
I'm going to put a young Jordan on Cleveland and watch him give the Cavaliers a championship and crush Miami

# 29 youvalss @ 08/27/10 07:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yungflo
lol..too bad 2k doesn't have a decision mode, I'll take MJ's talents to souf beach, and crush 2k cavs fans.

All jokes aside, cavs are going to be the 86 bulls when I get it. First I need to get a console or a new pc.
My laptop can run it probably on medium settings, which is a bit off. I'm planning to buy a PS3, I just hope the price drops to $200. Maybe before Christmas?

# 30 green94 @ 08/27/10 08:38 PM
When did MJ start kicking out the right leg when shooting jumpers?

I'm trying to think back to the good old days (pre-90's), but most of his game back then was slashing and shooting lean in jumpers. Must have been later in his career.

# 31 DaveDQ @ 08/27/10 08:43 PM
Quote:
Those casual non-OSers are the majority of gamers. Unless there are like 1 million members + non-members who go to OS.

Let me ask you this: If all you knew about the game was that is has Michael Jordan and some old stuff, would you pay $60 for it if you're not a big Jordan fan?
In this day though, there really is no reason to not know what this game is about. It doesn't take a lot of work to get informed on the product. Anyone can find out what is necessary.

# 32 yungflo @ 08/27/10 09:03 PM
Quote:
Those casual non-OSers are the majority of gamers. Unless there are like 1 million members + non-members who go to OS.

Let me ask you this: If all you knew about the game was that is has Michael Jordan and some old stuff, would you pay $60 for it if you're not a big Jordan fan?
They did for tony parker..and he's no where near jordan. thats like me paying $60 for scott styles over Dr. J

even though I never saw J [lay in my life, I know scott isn't better than him.

2k is now a household name among sportgamers. they can sell on the name alone. you are isolating homers.

There is still a large population without internet. Plus, each year sice 2k6, sales have picked up. Plus now that mj is an owner, he's still a little in the spotlight.

Look for it to sell very well in asia. I know one person who will be getting the game, Kim Jong Il(MJ's his favorite player). 2k10 sold 2million by feb. 2k9 took til the finals to sell that much.

----

and to your other post, Yeah I had a ps3, but I got the YLOD, I hope by xmas too I can get it. I need that to releax. MGS:Rising and Nba 2k11. NBA2k11 is crucial. I need it lol. I think it will be "the game" like nfl2k5 was for football games. It will ever be remembered as great and probably rare. Finally a sport game that you can resell back to game spot for more than $6 lol.

# 33 jd@os @ 08/27/10 09:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocat
My favorite pic so far, love it.

Not a big deal, but the original Air Jordan I did not have the Jumpman on it (it looks like it's on the back of the shoe). But I ain't complaining--it's close enough for me. I can't wait for this game.

# 34 23 @ 08/27/10 09:15 PM
yeah there was no jumpman logo at the time, but the retros might have em

Im going to get the black and reds this month (sept) so ill let you know.. i cant remember if it had them on there when i saw em.

# 35 jd@os @ 08/27/10 09:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
yeah there was no jumpman logo at the time, but the retros might have em

Im going to get the black and reds this month (sept) so ill let you know.. i cant remember if it had them on there when i saw em.
Yeah--the retros do have them. It's not a big deal, but I'm an Air Jordan freak. That's one of the things that changed from the originals to the retros--having the Jumpman logo instead of the Nike swoosh. So yeah: the originals definitely didn't have the Jumpman but the retros do.

Cool that you're getting the black and reds bro. My favorites are the all white XIs that re-released a while back.

# 36 23 @ 08/27/10 09:30 PM
Im talking about the 1's man

I have those in black and white already

Edit: good post above me

# 37 yungflo @ 08/27/10 09:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
yea it appears the Air Jordan 1s retros have the logo but the original Air Jordan 1s didnt.

Originals
I hate the jordan logo on the 1s. The OGs were much better, and cleaner.

# 38 jd@os @ 08/27/10 09:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Im talking about the 1's man

I have those in black and white already

Edit: good post above me
Yeah I know what you're talking about. I posted the 11's because those were the last ones I got, and you said you were getting the 1's. But when you get those 1's, they'll have the Jumpman on there and the originals did not--just like jersey posted.

# 39 23 @ 08/27/10 10:05 PM
Yeah I believe they do, but hey its not easy to find em for 65 bucks so Ill take em lol

Just wish they were the white and red like the ones MJ has on in that pic

# 40 jd@os @ 08/27/10 10:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
...its not easy to find em for 65 bucks so Ill take em lol
I know right!

But getting back on topic...these screen shots are looking good. I wish tonight was October 4th.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.