Home
NBA 2K11 News Post

Gamersyde has posted their third and final NBA 2K11 HD video, also captured at 60fps.

Quote:
"Since we are in a good mood, here is the last part of our video footage of NBA 2K11, the last chance you have to understand why I should never have touched the controller that day."

Game: NBA 2K11Reader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 108 - View All
NBA 2K11 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 youvalss @ 08/27/10 07:01 PM
Man, the game looks so good in HD!!! The step-back jumper by LeBron was beautiful! The block by Dirk was a bit weird, and LBJ's seond jumper (the one he missed) looked great to me.

Thanks for posting!

# 2 Tha_Kid @ 08/27/10 07:12 PM
No problem. Still, the guy playing is really awful. Not even a shot at the buzzer?

I've seen those blocks in a couple different videos (Gamescom, Gamespot) and I'd prefer they not be in the final. Though now that I know the PC version controls have been fixed I'm getting the game regardless.

# 3 Rocboyz101 @ 08/27/10 07:20 PM
canimation blocks just don't look good..Thought they'd look a littlem ore natural this year. Oh well. Everything else looked really good.

# 4 Spartan901 @ 08/27/10 07:22 PM
Lebron's shot looks beautiful. Seemed liked the cpu missed a few passing oppourtunities and when lebron caught that pass with just Haywood to beat on the break, it was weird he didn't attck the rim. And yea Dirk's block looked a little weird. But overall great. Love LBJ's step back J to create space

# 5 Jano @ 08/27/10 07:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan901
Lebron's shot looks beautiful. Seemed liked the cpu missed a few passing oppourtunities and when lebron caught that pass with just Haywood to beat on the break, it was weird he didn't attck the rim. And yea Dirk's block looked a little weird. But overall great. Love LBJ's step back J to create space
The user was spazzing out on defense so much it confused the AI. Couldn't tell if someone was open or not lol!

# 6 Muzyk23 @ 08/27/10 07:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha_Kid
No problem. Still, the guy playing is really awful. Not even a shot at the buzzer?

I've seen those blocks in a couple different videos (Gamescom, Gamespot) and I'd prefer they not be in the final. Though now that I know the PC version controls have been fixed I'm getting the game regardless.
what do you mean? as I'm planning on buying the pc version for the first time..you mean triggers and bumpers being the same as in x360 version and not the other way round? thanks

# 7 Spartan901 @ 08/27/10 07:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jano
The user was spazzing out on defense so much it confused the AI. Couldn't tell if someone was open or not lol!
Yea on that one fast break were Wade is bring the ball up and like 2 guys creep towards him and Miller is coming down the right side I was like "PASS IT!", but Wade just brought it back out. Ah well

# 8 ocat @ 08/27/10 07:48 PM
Yeah looks like the AI could use some final tuning but i'm loving what i'm seeing, especially on defence! Also love the aggressiveness of the CPU on offence, getting the ball to Wade and LeBron and letting them go to work. I'm actually looking forward to playing AGAINST MJ, not with him just to try and stop him.

# 9 Tha_Kid @ 08/27/10 08:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muzyk23
what do you mean? as I'm planning on buying the pc version for the first time..you mean triggers and bumpers being the same as in x360 version and not the other way round? thanks
http://www.operationsports.com/vBull...post2041522620

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSapida
PC and 360 will share the exact same control scheme this year

# 10 Jonesy @ 08/27/10 08:22 PM
Wow those graphics are very nice when seen in HD. It looks much more fluid than 2k10 and there is no doubting the graphical upgrade imo.

People who say 2k11 looks exactly like 2k10 my need to visit an optometrist.....

# 11 blingballa333 @ 08/27/10 08:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonesy
Wow those graphics are very nice when seen in HD. It looks much more fluid than 2k10 and there is no doubting the graphical upgrade imo.

People who say 2k11 looks exactly like 2k10 my need to visit an optometrist.....
OR

Go back and play 2k10 again. I'm pretty sure the people who says it looks the same are people who haven't played it for months.

# 12 RumbleCard @ 08/27/10 08:28 PM
Absolutely love the amount of tipped passes. This is a huge improvement.

# 13 turftickler @ 08/27/10 08:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonesy

Some people just like to be on the opposing side of everything with nothing positive or constructive to say, ever. NBA 2k11 is a major upgrade visually, in regards to the player models. Just last year I was telling people that if 2k made there NBA players somewhere in between NBA Live's player models and their own, then they would look about right. Elite 11's player models look very off to me and so did NBA 2k10's.

# 14 blingballa333 @ 08/27/10 08:47 PM
The blocks I've seen look fairly awful so far. Hopefuly that is addressed.

# 15 Suave35 @ 08/27/10 09:10 PM
What we need to do is be patient, I don't this is the final build, they're just giving us a taste. Just a Demo, not the finished product.I happy cause lost year we hardly seen nothing.I trust 2K will do the right thing.

# 16 Goffs @ 08/27/10 09:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ace23
lol. Are you blind?
just look where he posts the most..he pretty much made up his mind that its just 2k10 with minor updates lol sad really...

this game is running real smooth...i hope the final build runs just like the ones at gamescon...

# 17 worm91 @ 08/27/10 09:28 PM
Was that a gatorade symbol next to marions name?

# 18 domidomdomz @ 08/27/10 09:30 PM
Everything went well except for some situations like:

- Wade opting to take a quick jump shot with Haywood in front of him. I mean "what was the AI thinking?", oh well, the AI may have thought he can blow by Haywood since he's too big to keep up with him and yeah, bad shot selection happens.

- When Kidd took a jump shot, Dirk (AI teammate) looked like he's lost and didn't even try to grab the board. Maybe it was a bit far from him so he decided not to crash the board?

- On 1:30, Lebron, as well all know, he's a freak of nature, he could have outrun Haywood and Butler there but decided to take it slow. At first I thought he wants to milk the clock so the Mavs won't have enough time for the next possession but Lebron settled for a jumper with 11 seconds left in the quarter (6 secs for the shotclock)

Oh shoot! I forgot, the game was on Default GS and Pro difficulty (or All-Star?). Hopefully, those wrong AI decisions could be fixed when gamestyle and difficulty are increased. But as I have said, wrong decisions happen in real life basketball so I'm ok with that as long as it doesn't happen in majority of the game.

# 19 youngfaze01 @ 08/27/10 09:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by worm91
Was that a gatorade symbol next to marions name?
I think it means, he needs to rest.
That was the best video I've seen by far. The graphics and gameplay came really good together for this demo. The only thing that bothers me in this video is the animation where the players keep picking up their dribble when being defended.

# 20 TheKasmar @ 08/27/10 09:53 PM
It's encouraging to see players have to pick up their dribble sometimes. It should curb the paint abuse.

« Previous1234Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.