Home
NHL 11 News Post

Folks, I will be completely frank with you. I have gotten myself into a battle, no, a war, that I am going to need every bit of support I can muster. My mouth has overstepped its bounds yet again, and this time the fight is being taken straight to Vancouver.

Sean "Rammer" Ramjagsingh. We all know him. Developer of EA Sports' NHL franchise. He is feared in his office for the stick skills that he possesses. Well, I for one, do not back down from any challenge!

So Tuesday, August 31st at 2 PM, live on UStream and right here at Operation Sports, will be the EA Sports Rookie Challenge. And during the challenge, I will be facing off with Rammer, one on one. I am so confident of my ability, that I am enlisting you, the users of Operation Sports, to choose the team I will represent OS with.

So vote in the poll. Comment on why. But most importantly, watch me destroy Rammer Tuesday!

Post your vote here!

Game: NHL 11Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 36 - View All
NHL 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 onlybygrace @ 08/28/10 01:43 PM
St. Louis Blues...

Why? Well obviously, they are my favorite team. Secondly, if your confidence is worth its weight in salt, it shouldn't matter that you are playing as an underdog team. Right?

Right.

G'luck.

# 2 Millennium @ 08/28/10 01:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by onlybygrace
St. Louis Blues...

Why? Well obviously, they are my favorite team. Secondly, if your confidence is worth its weight in salt, it shouldn't matter that you are playing as an underdog team. Right?

Right.

G'luck.
What's funny is the Blues are one of the teams I used a lot on 1v1 on NHL 10. Them, the Caps, and the Kings. So not as bad a call as you might think

# 3 onlybygrace @ 08/28/10 01:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millennium
What's funny is the Blues are one of the teams I used a lot on 1v1 on NHL 10. Them, the Caps, and the Kings. So not as bad a call as you might think
Rammer needs to be Oshied, no doubt about it. I'm talkin' real-time physics Oshied.

# 4 The Visualizer @ 08/28/10 01:51 PM
If the demo is any indication you better pick a team with a good-to-great goalie as they seem to matter more than last year as Leighton and Niemi are godawful on any difficulty level. It hurts me to say this as a Flyers fan, but if I had to pick a team to win 1 game in the game it would be the Penguins.

# 5 Pearly @ 08/28/10 02:08 PM
Well, I'm a huge Pens fan so I voted for them. But it's a great deal! A couple of super stars, a good goalie (at times), a few physical players, etc. Plus with Crosby + Malkin you can really show Rammer what real stick skills are!

# 6 Brigzz @ 08/28/10 02:18 PM
Oilers 1. Theyre my fav team two if they have the rookies on the team theyll be awesome btw if you chose the last place team and beat rammer with em how awesome would that be

# 7 adayinthelife @ 08/28/10 02:32 PM
Well, I can't in good conscious recommend picking the Leafs if you want to win. I would say Flyers, but their lack of goaltending made me vote Pens..

# 8 CS10029 @ 08/28/10 02:37 PM
Went with the Red Wings, classic team, good goalie and well rounded lines.

# 9 savoie2006 @ 08/28/10 03:01 PM
I picked the Kings. Alot of good young talent and speed, much like my beloved Hawks, who I don't usually pick because I hate for them to lose.

# 10 Redshirt_EA @ 08/28/10 03:10 PM
To be fair I think you should pick the Leafs. And if you want a real challenge we can arrange that.

# 11 CS10029 @ 08/28/10 03:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshirt_EA
To be fair I think you should pick the Leafs. And if you want a real challenge we can arrange that.
How will he score goals? Once Kessel is taken off the ice on a stretcher, it's gonna be pretty tough.

# 12 Vikes1 @ 08/28/10 03:45 PM
I picked the Leafs.

Just a feeling I guess. And simply because their such a classic team that's well...due.

Good luck guys!

# 13 CS10029 @ 08/28/10 03:58 PM
Who is Rammer using?

# 14 voodoo_magic @ 08/28/10 04:10 PM
I'd say Red Wings.

Good depth so you won't have to worry if you're top 2 lines are tired you can still get scoring from the 3rd and 4th also.

I'm a Pen's fan but using their 3rd and 4th lines can be frustrating.

# 15 sroz39 @ 08/28/10 04:34 PM
I voted for the Canucks. Great goaltender, some scoring and D depth but the X-factor in my decision is that Millenium would beat Rammer using his "hometown" team, as EA Canada is based out of Vancouver.

# 16 jmon @ 08/28/10 04:39 PM
Bruins, you got your good goalie, a solid D, Decent wingers and Great centers. Oh and its not your normal, pens/hawks/caps pick.

Oh yea... and that chara guy, he can kinda hit

# 17 adayinthelife @ 08/28/10 05:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by voodoo_magic
I'd say Red Wings.

Good depth so you won't have to worry if you're top 2 lines are tired you can still get scoring from the 3rd and 4th also.

I'm a Pen's fan but using their 3rd and 4th lines can be frustrating.
Better than being frustrated by lines 1 through 4!

# 18 Madman55 @ 08/28/10 05:30 PM
Bruins. Chara and Lucic hits with real time physics? Can it possibly get any better? Plus some offensive skill up front and a decent goalie.

# 19 BlueLineBomber @ 08/28/10 05:59 PM
Leafs! take him by surprise

# 20 Steve_OS @ 08/28/10 06:21 PM
Pens w/ a small lead so far.

« Previous123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.