Home
NBA Elite 11 News Post

OS'ers jtdribbles25, 23 and Jano have posted their impressions of NBA Elite 11, from their hands-on time with the game at the Boost Mobile Elite 24 Event.

23 has posted a ton of video from the game on his Youtube channel. I just wanted to gather all of the videos together on one page, to make it easier to find and view.

We appreciate all the work 23, as well as the impressions, all 3 of you have given us.

To view the rest of them (17 in total), head over to 23's Youtube Channel, right here.

Game: NBA Elite 11Reader Score: 2/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 5 - View All
NBA Elite 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 slliMMills @ 08/29/10 11:20 AM
nice...really looking forward to this game. looks like great gameplay and no hype

# 2 Jano @ 08/29/10 11:30 AM
The speed and chaos actually looks worse then it feels. The pacing of the game is actually okay when you aren't trying to push the ball every time down.

I believe playing against the CPU is going to look a lot less chaotic due to the fact that they know how to defend. But the overall look of the animations isn't going to improve so if that's your issue I don't know what to say.

I would still say you guys should try out the demo to see if you can stomach it though, the control in the game is still a draw imo. Some of the drives to the basket feel great if you know how to execute it correctly.

# 3 Jano @ 08/29/10 11:35 AM

One of the better vids from the event isn't as crazy as some of the other ones.

# 4 NBAfan#5423678976 @ 08/29/10 11:38 AM
Im not sure if it was the video quality or just what appears to me lack of depth in gameplay, NBA 2k11 has had some outstanding videos so far, and this is the first official gameplay we have seen of Elite, doesn't look good my friends IMO

# 5 Basketball GURU @ 08/29/10 11:39 AM
You can fool some of the people all of the time(Nba live 09), and all of the people some of the time,(nba live 10) but you can not fool all of the people all of the time(elite 11).. this game does not look good.

# 6 Checmate101 @ 08/29/10 11:40 AM
Man..it's basketball I guess..lol @ Boozer dunking from the free throw line with 2 guys on him

# 7 adwin7 @ 08/29/10 11:43 AM
It seems to be missing alot of polish which is really hard to overlook from just watching videos. The gameplay will definitely have to pull people in this year.

# 8 23 @ 08/29/10 11:47 AM
It'll look better on your HDTV man

Also no one was trying to do behind the backs or whatever. Those leaners were from momentum and ended up like that.

The only one doing dribble moves was the same kid controlling boozer and turk and a few others.

The cheeser guy wasnt running plays but he did keep coming down popping 3's with Kobe. I think it was on pro btw, but never got a chance to check or change anything because the guy told me to upload for promotion, I was only thinking of getting clips for you guys so I never played passed the initial 1 half.

The pick and roll felt pretty good though from what I can remember.

Oh and for anyone coming here to just throw out phrases like "this sucks".. you'll be banned because its against the TOS.

The running up and down court doesn't feel like you're all out of control and super fast, I have to say that again. You'll see when the demo drops.

# 9 noshun @ 08/29/10 11:48 AM
Same reply from other thread since that thread is pretty long. Yep thnx 23 for the vids, and others who attended for your impressions.

It doesnt matter the players familarity with the controls.. it looks AWFUL. My 2 words for this is SPASTIC BASKETBALL, which is the best way to describe this.

Sure they are some okay things in the video... but the bad faaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrr outway any semblence to NBA basketball. ESPN overlays isnt going to save this man. I will check the demo out.

# 10 Da-Man @ 08/29/10 11:55 AM
The more videos i watch of this game is the more i see how great it is going to be.

The warping that people are seeing is due to the video quality so that really wont be an issue when the game drops.

Animations, physics, jump-shots, player movement all looks smooth... if the EA sports logo was not next to the ESPN scoreboard i would have thought it was a real game i'm watching.

# 11 DickDalewood @ 08/29/10 12:01 PM
Man, I'm usually pretty easy to please when it comes to sports games, but geeze... that really didn't look very good at all. And I get that it will feel better when playing, most games usually do, but just everything involving the animations (movement, dribbling, post and pre play cuts) looks pretty bad to me.

I dunno, I'm still interested in seeing more, but right now, this looks like a downgrade from last year to me.

# 12 myownsun @ 08/29/10 12:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdiddy71323
. I know I read somewhere that it's a "3 year project"

I thought it would take Ea a few years before live really came together, i still wanna try the demo to at least see how the game feels.

# 13 inkpimp007 @ 08/29/10 12:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
It'll look better on your HDTV man

Also no one was trying to do behind the backs or whatever. Those leaners were from momentum and ended up like that.

The only one doing dribble moves was the same kid controlling boozer and turk and a few others.

The cheeser guy wasnt running plays but he did keep coming down popping 3's with Kobe. I think it was on pro btw, but never got a chance to check or change anything because the guy told me to upload for promotion, I was only thinking of getting clips for you guys so I never played passed the initial 1 half.

The pick and roll felt pretty good though from what I can remember.

Oh and for anyone coming here to just throw out phrases like "this sucks".. you'll be banned because its against the TOS.

The running up and down court doesn't feel like you're all out of control and super fast, I have to say that again. You'll see when the demo drops.
Thanks for the info. Is it pretty fair to say these vids don't give us a true idea of what the game plays like? I mean I find it a bit hard to judge user vs user do to the fact you have to depend on two people knowing the game of basketball and knowing how to execute on the sticks. From the vids no one seems to understand how the game even works and yet they are commenting on how bad it is. The only part i hated to see really was the boozer dunk.

Oh and is there anyway to make player stays appear on the fly or is it scrolling still?

# 14 myownsun @ 08/29/10 12:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by themostelite
the camera makes the game look terrible when they start releasing game play taken by a capture card the game will look better

Yeah i think the game will show better when Ea releases some official videos being played by some of the devs.

# 15 atlwarya @ 08/29/10 12:29 PM
Just update nba live 10's rosters and call it nba elite 11 if you guys can do that right.

# 16 ataman5 @ 08/29/10 12:30 PM
Are videos great? No, but are they that bad that some people comment on, no.

We all should wait demo and then decide on, cause to me the basics of basketball are there, but the fancy animations etc are not so it looks raw but i don't think it feels that way, and the players who actually played seem more positive than the ones that come here and say this s...

# 17 23 @ 08/29/10 12:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by themostelite
tthank you for posting some good info thak you the overall game looks good its just the camera that makes it look bad
First off the camera is not making it look bad, whatever that means.

We all said the game didnt feel so fast especially with auto sprint, but how can you watch turk take off like Shawn Kemp and blam the camera?

Boozer.. that was an issue I had last year where it shouldn't even be programmed into the game no matter what mode, where the guy can take 2 steps and just take off from the ft line

Im not bashing because again we all had fun and I really think this game will either draw or sway some with the demo because of a few things, but definitely try it out first.

You can definitely see the changes they made.

# 18 mlp111 @ 08/29/10 12:35 PM
well for me, i only have one word,"speechless", and not in a good way. Didn't think it could live up to the hype, and for me that was right thinking. thanks for the uploads, my decision has been made, i will dstill try demo though, i wanna see what it looks like in hd, some player faces are spot on, but Dirk and miller (heat) looks really bad!

# 19 AlphaTrojan @ 08/29/10 01:24 PM
Thanks for the videos and impressions guys it is much appreciated. However, I'm not really feeling the game after seeing this. The rocket dunks and the weird animations are off putting. Also the Real Time Physics is not living up to the hype and only kicks in on occasion. There were numerous times when the players should have collided in the air but didn't (Boozer dunk). I'll try and hold off final judgment until I play the demo but it's not looking too good for Elite 11.

# 20 scatman @ 08/29/10 01:25 PM
the ESPN score overlay looks good.....but these vids aren't doing this game any justice. The people don't know the controls all the way yet so it's hard to say at this point what things will look like when people master the controls. I will fully reserve my judgement until we can get some really good gameplay vids, and a demo as well. However, if this is actually the way te game will look when it ships.......have mercy.

« Previous1234567892021Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.