if they have this dunk in 2k11

easily the best bball game evarrrr

# 102 neptuneniq @ 08/29/10 04:05 PM
no way man

not the way he does it

# 103 ffaacc03 @ 08/29/10 04:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
Trey 2k could be sending them out as 60fps but each individual site may encode it at 30 to save space. My 60 gps HD ids can be 5-7 gigs for just 5-7 minutes of footage. If Reencode at 30 fps file size comes down to 500-700 mb.

This all varies of course depending on hardware/software used.
Dont have to go into details but ... have you saw any playoffs/finals games ? and if so, is there any significant difference witht the "sound & visual crowd atmospheras" of those games in respect of normal games ? ... we have seen differences already within nomal games and compared to last year ... thus they seem not that significant, seem not close to the standards set by the competition last year ...

# 104 scatman @ 08/29/10 04:08 PM
LBJ's move to avoid the contact (around 22 sec mark) was dope. I really like the off the ball movement to get the ball to Bosh around the 8:02 mark. I would've liked to see the user call more pick n' roll plays for nash since thats the basis for their offense in phx. pick n' roll, pick n' pop would've really made miami work on d a bit better, create those mismatches that phx likes and something nash can exploit. great vid by the way.

# 105 Goffs @ 08/29/10 04:15 PM
@Da Czar so the copy you got runs like the ones at games con? A smooth 60 fps? I kinda figured it was something in the recording process...

# 106 natedZA @ 08/29/10 04:17 PM
Will this game really run at 60fps on an xbox? All the previous iterations have (I think?) run at quite a bit less and wow does it look smooth on the gamescon footage. Is that smoothness just because of the way it was recorded?

# 107 Checmate101 @ 08/29/10 04:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by neptuneniq

if they have this dunk in 2k11

easily the best bball game evarrrr

that dunk is in 2k10..should be in 11 to

# 108 neptuneniq @ 08/29/10 04:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Checmate101
that dunk is in 2k10..should be in 11 to
yeh but it was mocapp'd pretty bad i must say, didnt seem too authentic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCAd0hP9XyE

# 109 TreyIM2 @ 08/29/10 04:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
Trey 2k could be sending them out as 60fps but each individual site may encode it at 30 to save space. My 60 gps HD ids can be 5-7 gigs for just 5-7 minutes of footage. If Reencode at 30 fps file size comes down to 500-700 mb.

This all varies of course depending on hardware/software used.
Good looks. That idea was in the back of my head, as well, but also didn't know if the Gamescon demo was a later build than what was sent out to sites which may have been embargoed. I got spoiled on the Gamescon vids so I just can't look at these 30fps clips for long. Everything looks different ( read: old and tired, in my eyes, to be honest) in 30fps so the real trick of it all was a boost to the fps which makes a world of a diff to me.

# 110 J_Posse @ 08/29/10 05:01 PM
I liked that Nash couldn't just drive by D-Wade. It makes sense that he'd need a pick/screen to get separation, unless the defense plays him tight. I also liked the Jason Richardson dunk and that Bosh was primarily scoring from mid-range. The skin textures and lighting look even better than last also. Can't wait until Oct. 5th, man.

# 111 jrose57 @ 08/29/10 05:05 PM
Wow, Bosh plays as SF??? I am worried about the rotation problem man...

AND, I only see one good successful drive and kick, I think it was like Lopez drove on the left side and drew two guys on him and kick it back out to Nash behind him for the 3 even though he misses that was a good play by USER, hopefully the gameplay system allows USER to do that more often...

# 112 mvb34 @ 08/29/10 05:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blues rocker
does it bother anyone that Mike Miller looks like an major all-star in this game? he's making way too many difficult shots.
And the fact he playing great on ball defense!!!

# 113 Eman5805 @ 08/29/10 05:21 PM
I love the pass Dragic gave to Richardson. As well as the recieve. Maybe too far out for it to be realistic, but a pretty lookin' animation.

I can easily see that moving around isn't so rigid anymore.

MAN, October 5th can't get here quick enough.

Edit: Man, seeing Turk step behind the 3pt as he received the pass brought a tear to my eyes. That was SO irritating how you'd set your player behind the line waiting for the kickout, but the players standing still/idling animations always pull him closer to the rim and you have to shoot it the moment you get it, so I'd get a bunch of long 2s which don't make a whole lot of sense.

# 114 reptilexcq @ 08/29/10 05:35 PM
I spot 2 flaw in this video:

1. When the PG is waiting for the one of teammates to run around trying to free himself before passing him the ball, for some reason the teammate did a full speed run and then stop or slow down at the end resulting in failed pass. I only point this out because in the Chicago video...they did EXACTLY the SAME THING resulting in failed pass. Go to 7:01 mark on the video and you'll see what i mean. Chicago video...was at 4:47 mark.

2. At the end of the Half, the Phoenix bench is heading in the locker room, BUT the Phoenix players that were on the court.....appear to be headed to the bench before heading to the locker room? Pretty weird.

# 115 Eman5805 @ 08/29/10 05:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teebone21
actually the nba consist of ALOT of long 2 pointers. only 2k gamers think every shot 10+ feet from the rim needs to be a 3pointer
No. I'm talking about foot on the line 2 pointers. I'm talking take one step back, and it's a 3. I value the mid range game intensely, but there are times when I wanna knock down some 3s and found it very difficult. To me, if you don't watch your feet and knocked down a foot on the line 2 pointer, you just cheated yourself and your team out of an extra point which can be so big down the line.

# 116 RubenDouglas @ 08/29/10 06:07 PM
Running impressions as I watch:

CPu has really long outlet passes

SUNs User is terrible. (early on

around 5 minute mark User drive and kick for an open three . DEFENSE COLLAPSED!

6:20 mark, nice drive by HEDO.. I'm loving these fouls!

This has to be simulation level. The foul count is too sim like.

# 117 dredre @ 08/29/10 06:36 PM
i liked when bosh fumbled the catch at 7:02

# 118 jfsolo @ 08/29/10 06:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Posse512
I liked that Nash couldn't just drive by D-Wade. It makes sense that he'd need a pick/screen to get separation, unless the defense plays him tight. I also liked the Jason Richardson dunk and that Bosh was primarily scoring from mid-range. The skin textures and lighting look even better than last also. Can't wait until Oct. 5th, man.
The way Wade was keeping Nash from getting by him was what was so great to see. He was in a stance, moving his feet, angling back, beating Nash to the spot where he want get to, but not by warping or applying some force field to Nash. There didn't seem to be any instances of 2-man canimations sucking the players into pre-determined sequences.

# 119 youvalss @ 08/29/10 07:35 PM
Nice touch at 6:12 - after Bosh gets blocked he runs close to the camera and you can see the camera's angle shooting him from the bottom, then when he moves away - it looks so much like TV. Great job, 2k!

# 120 eko718 @ 08/29/10 07:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reptilexcq
I am impressed with the Bulls vs Blazers "Shrug" game more than this video. I think the Bulls vs Blazers game was set at Hall of Fame difficulty. The AIs is what impressed me...they're almost human-like?? I analyze each play and I am just stunted. I never seen AI that can think like this or move like that....like Drexler faking one way and going another, then shoot a fade-away or Drexler defending MJ with 360 spin monitoring both the ball handler and MJ at the same time or AI throwing a long precision pass down the court for a dunk.

I like what i hear from the commentators so far. The crowd noise for the Chicago game....something i like and didn't like: When the game started out, the crowd sound pretty much Playoff-atmosphere. But during game, when your team is missing a shot, i expect the crowd to go "OhhhhhhHhhh" or when a steal happened, the crowd noise level should up another notch. I didn't hear any of that...instead it appears to maintain the same level. It was loud okay...but the noise changing level did not change enough to make me notice.........based on what is happening on the court.
No, it was not actually. Ron mentioned it was Default, Pro level.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.