Home
NBA 2K11 News Post

Game: NBA 2K11Reader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 108 - View All
NBA 2K11 Videos
Member Comments
# 161 thakeaf @ 08/30/10 09:37 AM
Looks good. They actually were about to up the presentation from last year which is somewhat surprising.

# 162 jeebs9 @ 08/30/10 09:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goffs
Jeebs watch the 11 minute gameplay of Bull vs Blazers (shrug game) there were two instances where the cpu used the fake pass

you also get to see the cpu use the momentum shots..
Thanks I'll take a look

# 163 Bwnarrow3 @ 08/30/10 01:38 PM
Best NBA game ever?

# 164 youvalss @ 08/30/10 01:55 PM
I thought Mike Miller looks like the best Mike Miller ever in a video game.

# 165 BezO @ 08/30/10 03:52 PM
Man, this looks good. Can't wait.

# 166 Jukeman @ 08/30/10 07:17 PM
I think this was the worst video I saw...Hope its not the newer build..

# 167 wrestlinggod1 @ 08/30/10 08:03 PM
Another thing that I've been enjoying in these videos is how the CPU isn't automatically making all of the shots around the rim when they decide to bank it. I hated how guys like Fisher would get into the paint and make bankers high off the backboard when I play great defense against the Lakers.

# 168 Earl1963 @ 08/30/10 08:28 PM
Games looks pretty nice and the commentary is good. But the crowd is pretty dead and thats a shame.

# 169 youngfaze01 @ 08/30/10 09:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jukeman
I think this was the worst video I saw...Hope its not the newer build..
I'm figuring it is a newer build, just because of LeBron's headband logo.

# 170 youngfaze01 @ 08/30/10 10:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ace23
I was thinking the same thing.
None of the videos look as good as the Gamescon videos IMO. But, this one wasn't bad at all. I didn't really like the Bulls/Blazers one.

# 171 JkA3 @ 08/30/10 10:50 PM
Beautiful! Makes the competition look silly.

# 172 Kaanyr Vhok @ 08/31/10 12:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by qnzballa5
There still are canned animations, that contact layup jrich got sucked into has to go! You can see them just being made to go into that animation just like 2k10, i sincerely hope this is removed before they ship the game.
It was more like J-Rich sucked the defender into it. Its hard to mimic contact without something like that. You need realtime physics or you are going to have clippling. Tough to get around.

# 173 Jukeman @ 08/31/10 12:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by youngfaze01
None of the videos look as good as the Gamescon videos IMO. But, this one wasn't bad at all. I didn't really like the Bulls/Blazers one.
It still looks better than 2k10 especially the AI (except for that pump fake that made the cpu clueless)

But it was toooo much sucking animation going on there, also there wasn't much separation on the perimeter, the defender had his head on the ball handler's chest as if he was a OLineman blocking a DLineman....The blocks on the perimeter looks no deferent than the block atempts in the post...Most of that "Y" button should be animations to contest shots instead of jumping up vertically lol

Defending the ball still looks stiff compare to defending the post...There should be a animation for defending on the ball...Make the hands move up/down/ side to side atleast....

geeez

AI still look good tho

# 174 Eman5805 @ 08/31/10 01:06 PM
Is there any answer for why those Gamesfyln or whatever vids were so smooth and the others much less so?

Different framerate or something?

# 175 youngfaze01 @ 08/31/10 01:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eman5805
Is there any answer for why those Gamesfyln or whatever vids were so smooth and the others much less so?

Who knows? I'm thinking it has something to do with playing on HD or something. IDK. But they do look a lot smoother than the others.

# 176 Vast @ 08/31/10 03:29 PM
Quote:

These vids are encoded at 30 fps, and the other was at 60 fps. Thats why it appears smoother.

This vid was great. Alot of +'s in my book. Some of you guys are too hard to please.

# 177 23 @ 08/31/10 03:34 PM
Quote:

One is an early version... nba 2k10.5

and one is a demo version 2k11 @ 60fps

Thats what I got from 2kronnie since he's the one with the build and did the recording

# 178 Bornindamecca @ 08/31/10 03:43 PM
Only thing that consistently bugs me the big man dribbling animations in the full court. Too smooth, too fast. A guy like Joelle Anthony(sp) is going to have to adjust to maintain control of the ball if he tries to run with it right away. Right now they are slipping into their sprinting animation with too much dexterity. I'd also like to see that dribble be higher on lesser skilled big men. Bosh is above average in agility and skill for a big man, but you can still see him looking at the ball a bit if he has to start a break after a rebound. Fixing this will balance out the factors of bringing a guard to help, trapping when a big man puts the ball on the floor far away from the basket and trying to sneak in a break when a big rebounds with no pressure around him.

This will also separate highly skilled tall ball handlers like Odom, Durant or Anthony Randolph who can take the ball off the glass and initiate the break with reliable consistency.

Small thing--pump fake animations seem a bit behind compared to the updates of the last few years. That lackadaisical raising of the ball over the head isn't fooling anyone

Looks great otherwise though. Saw some wonderful things. Really like the new substitution graphic. Hope to hear more new commentary, but that's often not something we get until the release version, so grain of salt.

# 179 Rocboyz101 @ 08/31/10 03:45 PM
I wonder why everyone has the same generic pumpfake animations..

# 180 Goffs @ 08/31/10 03:49 PM
One thing I liked about the Elite vids were the pump fakes...looked more natural...pump fake drive animation

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.