Home
NBA 2K11 News Post

ESPN Videogames' Jon Robinson, has posted some more NBA 2K11 information. Including new alley-oop controls, the Jordan Challenge set at 8 minutes and NBA approved hard fouls.

Quote:
"Alley-oop controls changed to LT+B this year (was LT+A) to help avoid accidental tosses while running with turbo and simply trying to pass.

Jordan Challenge quarter length is 8 minutes.

Classic teams are all available to play as in Exhibition games right out of the box. You don't need to beat them in Jordan Challenge in order to play as them.

There are NBA-approved hard fouls in the game. No fighting, but players will get dragged down as the defender tries to prevent you from getting your shot off."

Game: NBA 2K11Reader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 108 - View All
NBA 2K11 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 VDusen04 @ 08/30/10 11:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeljordanjr
and LOL from video: "And now lets watch it!"

Fouls like that were so commonplace that the NBA expected it, it was a form of entertainment. Now its outlawed... NBA is getting weaker and less entertaining to watch.
Haha, that quote's hilarious.

But on a serious note, I'm also a big fan of old school basketball (and the brawls) but I totally and completely understand the moves the NBA has made to "soften" the game. As entertaining as it was to watch over-the-top hard fouls and fights, they were actually dangerous. It would have been inexcusable for the league to just let things stay status quo and not attempt to curb the violence.

The Rodman foul at 3:10 of this clip is an example. The NBA couldn't go on rolling like this (Rodman throwing Pippen into the stands, stitches to Pippen as a result). Sometimes a flagrant foul just isn't enough.

# 62 joel0078 @ 08/30/10 11:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffaacc03
If there are any license problems with players from classic teams, 2k just needs to make generic players with no resemblance at all with those players, not even positions, height or anything ... but "totally" editable (profile, name, ratings, everything) so we can create the correct ones by our own.

As we have read, they couldnt get "all" the players that were on those teams and as we have already seen in the videos, 2k did add some generic players to fill those spots.

So its more a matter of determination than a matter of a legal restriction. Please 2k bring us those ´93 Suns.

Pandoras box has been opened and having official classic teams will entice the creation of more of them and to undoubtly help and please the users to achieve that, please give us the tools we need, like:

- We need expanded team uniforms and logos customization as NHL 2k or/and
- Please let us assign "any" of the existing jerseys to created teams ... let us have a created team use a retro bulls jersey for example (if the jersey is in the game, let us have it).
- Also, let us make custom jerseys on a basic and easy level: just let us put and reflect the name of the team in the jerseys and choose the unis colors ... even if it is a generic jersey design ... that, apart from an expanded predetermine list of logo options. I mean, if we do custom jerseys we cant have logos and viceversa ... ideally, we would have both, but that would require to invest more time and resources.
- Let us pick one of the existing cities as hometown, let the announcer pronounce that city name in replace of the team name (as I know it would be difficult to have a prerecorded list of imaginary names for teams).
- We need a huge base of names to be pronounced in the game if assigned to a created or modified player.
You're asking for an awful lot. It's not enough that they are already have accurate tats, headbands, sneakers, sock style, accessories and signature shots??? I understand your "wishes" for future versions, but sometimes you just have to be happy with what you have. Regarding your plea for the 93 Suns............I'm sure someone will create that Suns team via 2K share, and if the don't, you can always do that for everyone else who's asking for!!

# 63 kingg d @ 08/30/10 11:41 PM
Can somebody ask Mike Wang about the My Player 8 minute quarters on his twitter?

# 64 davidrc517 @ 08/30/10 11:54 PM
Did they just leak the new Kobe 6?

# 65 VDusen04 @ 08/31/10 12:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joel0078
Regarding your plea for the 93 Suns............I'm sure someone will create that Suns team via 2K share, and if the don't, you can always do that for everyone else who's asking for!!
OperationSports create-a-player guru PortlandBlazer makes a great Charles Barkley so I think the most necessary addition we'd need from 2K to make this happen would have to be the inclusion of '93 Suns jerseys. I let my mind wander a little bit when I saw a Hardwood Classics advertisement in one of the screenshots. Might just be a random ad though.

# 66 yungflo @ 08/31/10 12:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhein77
That would of been awesome if somehow they would of got the 93 Suns in the game. They had some great players on that squad. I would of loved to play with KJ, Richard Dumas, Thunder Dan and most importantly Charles Barkley.

Despite the Suns not making it in the game, this mode is still going to be a blast!!!!
Charles has too much pride. " I o wanna be in a game where my sole likeliness is to be destroyed by mai-cal jo-dan. thats just turrible,kenny"

# 67 ffaacc03 @ 08/31/10 12:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joel0078
You're asking for an awful lot. It's not enough that they are already have accurate tats, headbands, sneakers, sock style, accessories and signature shots??? I understand your "wishes" for future versions, but sometimes you just have to be happy with what you have. Regarding your plea for the 93 Suns............I'm sure someone will create that Suns team via 2K share, and if the don't, you can always do that for everyone else who's asking for!!
I could if they gave us the proper tools, like the ones I mentioned ... and most of them have been either previously implemented in the franchise ... or in other 2k games (NHL) ... or it is currently on a partial use.

2 specific simple examples:
- The cyber faces are used for My player, why not for all created/fake players ? ... It has also being allowed in the past (2k8) ... with all those NDBL fake players (that the game ships with), with all those CPU generated or HUM created rookies ... the association/my player/creating a legend modes take a deep fall and a huge hit on the immersion part, specially after the first season ... with all those black silhouttes flooding the league !
- Retro jerseys and multiple jersey choices are currently available for existing teams so, why cant we assign them to created teams ?

As you can see they dont have to invent anything nor do they have to add anything, its already in ... they just need to allow/enable it. Granted, is a matter of determination than legal or capacity restraints.

I am happy with what they have given us but that doesnt prevent me from wanting more customization and editibality and inmersion and authenticity, all trademarks of 2k series, yet still overlooked on those important aspects ... As stated before 2k11 will only entice the creation of more classic teams, but lets hope it helps us achieve them ... and for the record, those are only a scarse sample of my wishlist (check whislist thread, page 81).

# 68 boritter @ 08/31/10 01:47 AM
Good to see that commentary is time-specific.

# 69 CaCHooKa Man @ 08/31/10 02:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidrc517
Did they just leak the new Kobe 6?
nope.. they look nothing like those shoes that kobes wearing in the screenshot

# 70 neptuneniq @ 08/31/10 02:25 AM
im sure they'll get kobes shoes in there

if they have lebron 8's, no reason not to

# 71 skinnybonez @ 08/31/10 03:08 AM
^Kobe been getting shaft(pause), even as cover boy last year his 5s wasn't in the gm, while Lebron always has his latest shoe

# 72 Dazraz @ 08/31/10 03:45 AM
I know with some games playing shorter period times are a must for realistic stats. NHL & FIFA being obvious examples. But with an accurately paced sim as NBA 2K 12 minute quarters are a must.

Love the inrtoduction of Hard Fouls.

# 73 Dazraz @ 08/31/10 03:46 AM
I know with some games playing shorter period times are a must for realistic stats. NHL & FIFA being obvious examples. But with an accurately paced sim as NBA 2K 12 minute quarters are a must.

Love the inrtoduction of Hard Fouls.

# 74 jeebs9 @ 08/31/10 08:44 AM
Nice info steve

# 75 jeebs9 @ 08/31/10 09:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
Nice info steve
Pretty sad that Barkley didn't want to be in the game. I really wanted to play with the Suns. Especially "Sir Charles" himself.

# 76 KyotoCarl @ 08/31/10 09:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
Pretty sad that Barkley didn't want to be in the game. I really wanted to play with the Suns. Especially "Sir Charles" himself.
I don't think it's a matter of 2K asking him and him saying that he doesn't want to be in it. I think it's more a contract and licensing issue cause he hasn't been in an NBA game for 15 years, except for NBA Live 98 or 99 where he, Jordan and someone else was in it for the first time.

There's some sort of licensing dispute with Barkley, as it was with Jordan which is why he never was in the game.

# 77 amra01 @ 08/31/10 09:29 AM
nba2k10 and portlandblazer have an accurate barkley you can't tell no difference the announcer is calling his name also.

# 78 jeebs9 @ 08/31/10 10:58 AM
^^Also I want the real Barkley. Has model, they say his whole name and I wanted that Jordan challenged where he goes crazy vs them.^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyotoCarl
I don't think it's a matter of 2K asking him and him saying that he doesn't want to be in it. I think it's more a contract and licensing issue cause he hasn't been in an NBA game for 15 years, except for NBA Live 98 or 99 where he, Jordan and someone else was in it for the first time.

There's some sort of licensing dispute with Barkley, as it was with Jordan which is why he never was in the game.
Contract dispute means he doesn't want to be in the game. Or in other words "Your not paying enough for me to be in your game".

# 79 JVal3208 @ 08/31/10 11:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinnybonez
^Kobe been getting shaft(pause), even as cover boy last year his 5s wasn't in the gm, while Lebron always has his latest shoe
The Lebron 7's came out in October, while the Kobe V's came out in January. That might have something to do with it. I hope they have the V's or VI's in 2K11.

# 80 jeebs9 @ 08/31/10 11:11 AM
LeBron shoe designs have always come out during the summer. Kobe's is right behind his but a little too late to be put in the game.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.