Home
NBA 2K11 News Post

The NBA 2K11 facebook page has given us another update to My Player mode.

Quote:
"If you're gonna Become The Greatest, you gotta have your own signature shoe. Dominate in this year's version of My Player mode and you'll see your customized kicks on the feet of other guys in the league. What's your signature shoe gonna be called?"

Game: NBA 2K11Reader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 108 - View All
NBA 2K11 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 J-Clutch1 @ 08/31/10 09:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chance
Melo and CP3 have their own shoe...
Yeah, sorry. I was overthinking there.

As others have said, you probably start with signing with a company and you go on from there.

# 42 scatman @ 08/31/10 09:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by portlandblazer
shoe contracts for my player is a great addition but a regular create-a-shoe for existing players seems a little more necessary with the addition of the historic teams and those eye sore generics. unless of course they actually have a nice selection of vintage kicks, which i doubt happens.
maybe they have downloadable sneaker packages? some old school classics, some for later releases during the season a-la nba live 10. like you, i really doubt this happens but it'd be real nice if it did.

# 43 scatman @ 08/31/10 09:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidblack
they should make something where you can make your own signature shot
didn't the old 989 sports game NBA shootout have that? or i think it had make a trick dunk, like create a dunk or something like that?

# 44 scatman @ 08/31/10 09:55 PM
The should just make signature shots better, some shots are repetitive and it should't be that way. And some guys shots are way off. from the vids that are out now though the shots look much improved so I'm very much looking forward to seeing how everyone else looks

# 45 bigsmallwood @ 08/31/10 10:02 PM
With 2Ksports throwing in the kitchen sink, I really hope they are not planning on dropping the 2Ksports franchise.....

# 46 Hassan Darkside @ 08/31/10 10:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsmallwood
With 2Ksports throwing in the kitchen sink, I really hope they are not planning on dropping the 2Ksports franchise.....
Uh...where did that idea even come from?

# 47 The 24th Letter @ 08/31/10 10:11 PM
Quote:
I know its random, and I dont think true it all..... but I was wondering the same thing earlier lol

# 48 Mr_Riddick @ 08/31/10 10:12 PM
Originally Posted by: bigsmallwood 10:02 PM 08-31-2010 With 2Ksports throwing in the kitchen sink, I really hope they are not planning on dropping the 2Ksports franchise.....

I was just thinking the same thing, but if they do it would be a mistake. Unless they scrap it for "you know what"

# 49 Goffs @ 08/31/10 10:15 PM
Eh what are you guys talking about?

# 50 youvalss @ 08/31/10 10:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scatman
didn't the old 989 sports game NBA shootout have that? or i think it had make a trick dunk, like create a dunk or something like that?
Yeah, NBA Shooutout had it. But it was HORRIBLE! The dunks I created always looked like there were some frames missing - the player just moved like there are some missing animations or something. Great idea, but they should have left it to the pro's.

# 51 tmacfan12 @ 08/31/10 10:18 PM
They are worried that the reason 2k is adding so much to this year's game is that they are planning on stopping to make new ones after this one like CH2k8...

However I think they are just trying to blow Elite out of the water. NBA 2k is not like college hoops, it actually makes money.

# 52 Hassan Darkside @ 08/31/10 10:31 PM
NBA 2k's been the best selling and highest rated basketball game for like the past 4 years. There's a very small market for college basketball games which is why both EA and 2k bowed out, they just weren't making enough profit.

God forbid 2k devs are adding so much content to just to please the gamer and stomp out the competition...

# 53 Eman5805 @ 08/31/10 10:34 PM
I'm gonna name my shoes "Tarsal's Bane".

# 54 The 24th Letter @ 08/31/10 10:34 PM
Well I dont know about the other guys, but im not serious.....just had that thought...back on topic..lol

# 55 scatman @ 08/31/10 10:36 PM
I'm just awaiting the return of NFL 2K.....that's what keeps EA and 2K Sports basketball franchises up at night. No matter what side of the fence your on, competition is what makes for better games. I know this isn't relevant to the topic but I guess I'm a guy who likes his options you know.

# 56 PRAY IV M3RCY @ 08/31/10 10:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scatman
I'm just awaiting the return of NFL 2K.....that's what keeps EA and 2K Sports basketball franchises up at night. No matter what side of the fence your on, competition is what makes for better games. I know this isn't relevant to the topic but I guess I'm a guy who likes his options you know.
You and me both man. Competition is great for the consumers. This is the biggest sports rivalry in video games as far as i know, but if nfl 2k was still around, that would have been an even bigger rivarly then this one.

but on a side note, i really think 2k isnt trying to hold anything back this year, people who keep saying oh its just Jordan on the cover, is not even giving a damn to do some research. 2k knows that they have to deliver on this one, a lot is on the line especially when you decide to put MJ in the game.

# 57 bigsmallwood @ 08/31/10 10:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruff Ryder
NBA 2k's been the best selling and highest rated basketball game for like the past 4 years. There's a very small market for college basketball games which is why both EA and 2k bowed out, they just weren't making enough profit.

God forbid 2k devs are adding so much content to just to please the gamer and stomp out the competition...
I am not wishing for this at all...it just seems that every time 2K puts out a SUPER DUPER classic, they stop making the game. I hope that this is just them stomping out the competition!

I also await the return of NFL 2K and hope they get the license too!

# 58 PRAY IV M3RCY @ 08/31/10 10:50 PM
Quote:
I am not wishing for this at all...it just seems that every time 2K puts out a SUPER DUPER classic, they stop making the game. I hope that this is just them stomping out the competition!

I also await the return of NFL 2K and hope they get the license too!
thats a long wait

# 59 DubTrey1 @ 08/31/10 11:10 PM
This is a nice feature. I am all for customization and this is starting to look like a good direction. I only hope the actual player customization options are as nice and we can finally have created players in the league that look more on par (at least closer to looking better than years past) with the great existing models in the game.

# 60 Goffs @ 08/31/10 11:16 PM
I agree...i hope they upgraded the CAP system..they should also add eighties and nineties hairstyles...

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.