Home
NBA Elite 11 News Post

NBA ELITE 11 is back with the first of two gameplay videos featuring 5 on 5 action. This video is a user vs. user matchup with NBA ELITE Gameplay Producer Novell Thomas taking on NBA Community Manager Yaw Obiri-Yeboah (also known as blackflash83 on the forums) . The game is being played on a Pre-final build with some tuning left to do but it provides a good representation of how the game will play once you developed your skills with the new Hands-On control.

Be sure to check out some of the quick plays being called during half court offensive sequences (press X on the 360 to begin a quick play or the Square button on PS3) and the importance of playing the passing lanes as balls can get deflected. You have complete control this year in NBA ELITE 11.

Game: NBA Elite 11Reader Score: 2/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 5 - View All
NBA Elite 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 bigballa21 @ 09/01/10 11:39 PM
At this point the final verdict has to be the demo cause it seems the consensus is that most people here isn't blown away....when does the demo drop again?

# 22 Jamin23 @ 09/01/10 11:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goffs
Can't see the vid since I'm on the phone...how does the garden sound like? Is it like last year?
It sounds the same. They still don't have the organ.

# 23 rangerrick012 @ 09/01/10 11:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goffs
Can't see the vid since I'm on the phone...how does the garden sound like? Is it like last year?
No crowd atmosphere IMO.

# 24 dexvex @ 09/01/10 11:40 PM
Honestly it looks pretty good to me. I see alot of potential...

# 25 Goffs @ 09/01/10 11:40 PM
Thanks jamin...gotta check this out when I get home from work

# 26 butie120 @ 09/01/10 11:41 PM
I was really hoping for something pretty good, but didn't. Did anyone of you see the rebounding near the end? It's as if guys would jump without really bending their knees. The movements just looked really off, and Live 10 had wayyyy more intensity it seemed. It seemed the guys on the court didn't even care to be there, let alone the commentary.

The announcers were monotone and seemed bored out of their minds to watch this game. I haven't played 2k since the 08 year, and I loved Live 10, but to be honest, 2K is looking very promising compared to this. But i'm hoping my mind gets changed with the demo.

# 27 bawlinb @ 09/01/10 11:41 PM
i dont know about you guys but in MY OPINION this game looks exactly the same as 10 to me..yea its a bit sharper graphics wise but other than that it looks to have the same sloppy crap gameplay and player movement issues.. im gonna have to pass on this keep my live 10 and play that...not a big fan of the other basketball game either with there push r2 toggle the right stick and push circle triangle to do a simple crossover! damn and i really wanted to like this years live

# 28 Rhouston @ 09/01/10 11:41 PM
I hate to say it, but this sadly seems like a definite step back from Live 10. Graphically, the player models look stockier and more polygonal than last year. But gameplay, the real meat and potatoes ... where do I begin. The mid-air adjustment at 2:18 where the player actually GAINS air, the ridiculous jump-hop at 2:54, the lack of transition from the drive to the pull-up jumper at 4:49. And overall, the action just doesn't look very smooth -- you can tell when the animations change, rather than having one animation flow into another.

I've heard the argument that you have to play it to "get" it, but honestly, just looking at it makes me not want to even bother.

# 29 mwittman5 @ 09/01/10 11:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dexvex
X2 . people forget they just implemented this new physics engine. it will get better

# 30 Mike Smoove @ 09/01/10 11:42 PM
I will say this though the court looks great, but the lights should be dim in the crowds.

# 31 P21J @ 09/01/10 11:42 PM
Man...IDK how to really feel about this game as of right now. I really hope the "feel" is as good as some have said cause the look and the presentation is kind of lacking IMO.

# 32 kbomb1upc @ 09/01/10 11:42 PM
Man that looked much better than the crap we saw a couple of days ago.

# 33 noshun @ 09/01/10 11:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dexvex
Ryan Leaf had potential too, we all know how that ended.

# 34 jrose57 @ 09/01/10 11:44 PM

Positives: I like it, I like the game pace, its very realistc, the speed of players, the whole offensive play being run, all great, I really like the post up game man, I like those sounds players are making, you hear that when you watch real nba, love that, also the moves were great, the up and under by Amare, and the hook shot by Danilo on Maggette was awesome, the main reason I like live more than 2k for years and years is the control on dribblings, I am an Iverson, Baron Davis, Jennings, Ford, those that do lots of crossovers, Elite lets me do that, can't wait!

Negatives: I see some really werid moves, like the Salmons drive, he was in the air for like 5 minutes switching hands like three times, and that Jennings Pro-hop in front of Felton(I think), he basically went right through him like hes transparent, and also that offensive rebound by Danil, who grabs a ball in the air like that with two hands...his hands were on hsi chest and he went up straight without moving his hands up to reach the ball...I also hate the rim and the net, its SAME AS NBA LIVE 10, no change at all, the graphics, players look wise, all same as LIVE 10, but thats not too bad, just a little cartoon ish but I dun mind...

# 35 coolcras7 @ 09/01/10 11:45 PM
The commentary needs to be fixed there were parts in the video where there was complete silence there is no back and forth between VG and the rest was really boring.
PS also the players seems to be trying to hard not to do anything negative.

# 36 Flightwhite24 @ 09/01/10 11:46 PM
I don't know what to think at this point. Nothing has impressed me about this game up to this point. If this vid is supposed to give a close indication of what the retail copy will be then this game is a failure imo. Peace!!!!

# 37 jrose57 @ 09/01/10 11:47 PM
And I don't see ANY FAST BREAKS AT ALL, I am worried the players will stop at the middle of the court like last year, please let me know thats not the case this year, and I WANT SHORTER SEASON IN DYNASTY, I M NOT GIVING UP ON THIS!

# 38 mlp111 @ 09/01/10 11:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwittman5
X2 . people forget they just implemented this new physics engine. it will get better
yeah thats the problem, we cant really see it, unless the physic is the reason these basketball players seem to be skating around every where and traveling..... the presentation looked nice though... the court and crowd looked good on the intro and then.... it went from basketball on a court to ball on ice, i guess they are creating a new sport "ice-skate-ball"..... looks good for the new technology...............

# 39 PRAY IV M3RCY @ 09/01/10 11:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawlinb
i dont know about you guys but in MY OPINION this game looks exactly the same as 10 to me..yea its a bit sharper graphics wise but other than that it looks to have the same sloppy crap gameplay and player movement issues.. im gonna have to pass on this keep my live 10 and play that...not a big fan of the other basketball game either with there push r2 toggle the right stick and push circle triangle to do a simple crossover! damn and i really wanted to like this years live
bruh you need to go check the controls, they changed them

# 40 TheBrothers24 @ 09/01/10 11:48 PM
Don't really have high hopes for this game, was more excited to see the physics engine in action and it was some good spots and some bad spots. Commentary is vastly improved over what Live 10 had but it still is miles behind the other game.

Although it seemed like they were trying to let each other show off some of the things Elite can do, there was something i noticed that i didn't like. It seemed that the CPU jumped on almost every shot fake. That is not a good thing because it will be abused.

Overall it was about what i expected, no more no less.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.