Home
NBA Elite 11 News Post

User vs. AI Video:

Our second NBA ELITE 11 gameplay video features more 5 on 5 action with NBA ELITE Gameplay Producer Novell Thomas taking on a CPU controlled Oklahoma City Thunder. The game is played on a pre-final build on All Star difficulty. Check out REAL AI in action as Kevin Durant attacks the basket with sequences that he recorded himself. You will be seeing more of these videos leading up to the demo.

In NBA ELITE 11 you're in control.

Game: NBA Elite 11Reader Score: 2/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 5 - View All
NBA Elite 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 ryestye @ 09/02/10 06:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by İroke
Too many dunks, too many blocks, and the shot percentage in general is WAY too high. Can anybody miss, please?
Exactly. The gameplay looks like crap. After reviewing all the vids to date, I can't see why anyone would play this over 2K11.

# 62 BaselineBakes @ 09/02/10 06:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWiLL02
When Live 10 was released it had the best movement, drive and kick game and shooting responsiveness of any basketball game to date. Though it was lacking in overall depth, it nailed many basketball fundamentals that 2k10 was missing, which made it a viable alternative.
On the money. I will also add the gathers, some of the layups, floaters, the set-up dribble and iso motion were also great points of the game, they seemed to have scrapped the gathers and added all new dribble moves which look terrible for what reason?

# 63 johnrice20022002 @ 09/02/10 06:10 PM
Quote:
No...because Live 10 was a huge step in the right direction. They laid a solid foundation with the movement and controls, and the logical step would have been to build upon that with more signature animations and focus on areas that were lacking (post game, fast breaks, more contact).

When Live 10 was released it had the best movement, drive and kick game and shooting responsiveness of any basketball game to date. Though it was lacking in overall depth, it nailed many basketball fundamentals that 2k10 was missing, which made it a viable alternative.

I just don't understand the decision to completely abandon what they had going. I can see why Mike Wang disagreed with the direction they wanted to go, clearly his creative voice was lost in the process. Big mistake.

How are they releasing a game where NBA players are dribbling laterally with the ball in the same hand like a hockey defensemen on the blue line during a powerplay? It looks ridiculous.
Agreed on all points...I'll be playing 2K11 w/ a little Live 10 mixed in and wait until next year. May give Elite 11 a rental, but I'm waiting for the demo...which needs to drop soon...like now...

# 64 da ThRONe @ 09/02/10 06:12 PM
This vid is better but clearly the problems I see wont change based on user or CPU.

# 65 SacKings1999 @ 09/02/10 06:13 PM
Quote:
No...because Live 10 was a huge step in the right direction. They laid a solid foundation with the movement and controls, and the logical step would have been to build upon that with more signature animations and focus on areas that were lacking (post game, fast breaks, more contact).

I just don't understand the decision to completely abandon what they had going. I can see why Mike Wang disagreed with the direction they wanted to go, clearly his creative voice was lost in the process. Big mistake.

How are they releasing a game where NBA players are dribbling laterally with the ball in the same hand like a hockey defensemen on the blue line during a powerplay? It looks ridiculous.
Great post. I agree, I really enjoyed Live 10, there were just a few things that kept me from playing it non-stop.
  • There needed to be more dunk / layup animation variety
  • They needed a deeper post game
  • Better / fair A.I. play. Make ratings matter. Better differentiation between Dirk and Shaq when played by the CPU.
  • Ability to play shorter season in Franchise mode
  • Maybe a bit more fast breaks- as I would sometimes go an entire game with zero fast break points.

Really, stuff like that should have been their focus. Live 10 was a great foundation. Live 11 could have been amazing.

# 66 ehh @ 09/02/10 06:19 PM
Yeah I'm not sure we even needed RTP, all I wanted was no more BS contact in the paint and improved animations & AI. I liked Live 10 a lot even though it lacked depth and 'prettiness".

# 67 RayDog253 @ 09/02/10 06:26 PM
Wow, I didn't like that video at all. All the little animation quirks that people kept referring to is finally noticeable to me.

# 68 clivo1050 @ 09/02/10 06:27 PM
Why does the dev do a crossover every two seconds??? That drives me crazy watching both videos. Honestly thought, I don't think they looked that bad. It was just hard to see improvements.

I'm sure the controls you need to feel yourself, but i'm not seeing the physics have much of an effect.

# 69 Jano @ 09/02/10 06:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayDog253
Wow, I didn't like that video at all. All the little animation quirks that people kept referring to is finally noticeable to me.
Yes they are.. The real question is if you feel less "cheated" while playing the game will this stuff bother you?

Will the weird looking animations be okay if, while you are playing you for the most part know when you were just plain beat?

These are the questions the devs hope people answer yes with this year.

# 70 rEAnimator @ 09/02/10 06:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jano
Yes they are.. The real question is if you feel less "cheated" while playing the game will this stuff bother you?

Will the weird looking animations be okay if, while you are playing you for the most part know when you were just plain beat?

These are the questions the devs hope people answer yes with this year.
Couldn't have said it better myself.

# 71 blingballa333 @ 09/02/10 06:43 PM
I think Elite should just release their demo. These videos aren't helping their cause.

# 72 nickdp23 @ 09/02/10 06:43 PM
is this nba live 2004? i used to love playing this lol

# 73 TracerBullet @ 09/02/10 06:48 PM
I think Elite needs to get a lot more animations in their games these next few games. While the contact may have different results, I really would like to see more variety in other areas of the game. The animations currently get stale really quick to me and that was the problem I had with Live last year. I actually loved the gameplay of Live last year, but it just got boring to look at the same animations after awhile. I hope that improving that area a lot is one of their main focuses for the future.

# 74 HoosierDaddy @ 09/02/10 06:54 PM
Feedback video #2 is uploading as I type this. Will post when it's online.

# 75 Boilerbuzz @ 09/02/10 06:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by havok023
if you think there not missing check out the other game atleast the defense reacts to the shooter
And we have a winner!! And it only took 14 posts for the first tool to mention "the other game"...

# 76 mvb34 @ 09/02/10 06:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iman15
LMAO at the euro step by prince at 3:24 WOWWWW
FYI that was the user control team perform that move...

# 77 blingballa333 @ 09/02/10 07:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerbuzz
And we have a winner!! And it only took 14 posts for the first tool to mention "the other game"...

# 78 HoosierDaddy @ 09/02/10 07:04 PM

# 79 JWiLL02 @ 09/02/10 07:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnrice20022002
Agreed on all points...I'll be playing 2K11 w/ a little Live 10 mixed in and wait until next year. May give Elite 11 a rental, but I'm waiting for the demo...which needs to drop soon...like now...
You may not even need to mix any Live 10 in, it seems Mike brought over everything that made it a solid game (right stick passing, responsive drifters/step backs, timed releases on jumpers, off ball control).

It's just a little shocking to see this. The dribble animations look worse than Live 10, as do the shot animations. I can't agree with the way this shooting works either, it's going to be absurd watching people go 10/10 on 3s with Steph Curry, Mo Williams, etc. simply because they have the release down. Does defense even matter if the release is perfect?

This is going to be worse than how Live 10 had no separate DNA %s for contested off the dribble and uncontested off the dribble shots, meaning everything was treated as an open shot off the dribble (which lead to the absurd 3pt cheesing w/ Mo Williams, Jameer, etc)

# 80 syncinatti @ 09/02/10 07:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rules
I think everyone is being a little too mean concerning this game. Personally, I think it is the best PSP game that I have seen to date.
LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!..........
Good one!
I really cant understand how anyone above the age of 7 can watch that vid a honestly be impressed. It must REALLY be ALL about control and responsiveness cuz it clearly isnt about anything else. It must feel incredible when u play it, otherwise what have they been doing this entired dev cycle

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.