Home
NCAA Football 11 News Post

Title Update 3 (TU3)
  • The pump fake exploit was resolved. The entire defense will no longer rush the QB after a pump fake.
  • Resolved an issue with setting SS/ FS to QB Spy and then blitzing, virtually unblocked.
  • Increased the Overall rating for incoming freshman. This resulted in one and two star freshman coming in at a higher overall rating.
  • In Season Progression is back! Players once again have the ability to get a slight boost to their ratings during the season.
  • There was an issue with Hawaii's home schedule causing conflicts with particular teams. This has been resolved. In particular, teams in the Pac 10 and the WAC will now have the correct number of conference games.
  • Resolved an issue with the Rush Defense slider where they were only impacting defensive line special moves. They have been adjusted to also impact win/loss chances for blocking.
Live Tuning Pack 3 (LTP3)
  • Kick Power/Kick Accuracy progression for Kickers and Punters was adjusted to be in line with the new incoming freshmen. Kickers and punters will now progress in line with other players, but will start with a higher average overall due to the improved recruit ratings in the patch.
  • Increased Awareness progression for all positions.
  • Increased progression slightly for Elusiveness, Spin Move, and Juke Move for Wide Receivers.
  • Increased progression of the Tackle rating for Corner Backs to be in line with WR skill ratings (Juke, Spin, and Elusiveness).
  • Reduced the frequency of defenders successfully jumping the snap. Also adjusted how frequently they would jump early when the offense performed a fake snap.
  • Tuned Man Coverage so defenders will not jump in front of routes so early. They will still jump the route, but not as early, or frequently, as before.
  • Adjusted in season progression to be in line with higher rated incoming freshmen.
  • Tuned Incoming freshman to better match the spread on the default rosters.
  • Tuned team prestige progression to be in line with the changes to incoming freshmen.
Source - NCAA Football 11 Blog

Game: NCAA Football 11Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iPhone / PS2 / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 83 - View All
NCAA Football 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 SteelerSpartan @ 09/03/10 06:06 PM
No Cpu Depth Chart fix??????????

well that settles it...this game again just has a season mode to me

Seeing a freaking safety at NT is a killer to me

# 42 Ramminyou @ 09/03/10 06:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalecooper
Do you turn down their def. aggression slider? I decreased that 20-25 points for every team in dynasty - didn't take that long and it's helped, although they still bring the house at times that I think "Boy, this is a bad idea." And then of course the instant touchdown results. But I get those less than I used to.
Yeah and it seems to help on normal situations, but it seems to have no effect on 3rd and short or 4th down attempts. The fact that they do it so much on 4th Down really stinks because any time I'm actually losing and have to go for it, I can easily get a TD because it's like they always Engage 8. It's as if the CPU has been programmed to be overly aggressive in those scenarios regardless of anything else.

# 43 MidnightPyro @ 09/03/10 06:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by UndeniableSkillz9
will we have to restart the dynasty or not. i was just about to stop playing this game entering my 9th season but now i'm going to keep it rolling specially since madden ain't no gud
That's the million dollar question...my guess would be you don't have to restart based on how far after release this is coming out...but only a guess.

# 44 frnkpw13 @ 09/03/10 06:28 PM
These changes are great. Two things that need to be fixed to make this game almost perfect is depth chart fix and pancake counting.

# 45 BadAssHskr @ 09/03/10 06:30 PM
First off, Finally the Patch and Tuner update!

Secondly, didn't they say Awareness was an attribute that had virtually no meaning to the majority of the players?

*Increased Awareness progression for all positions*??

Does this affect anything?

At any rate, It'll be very interesting to see how the game plays overall when the patch is implemented.

Hopefully it brings that pre-patch 2 feel back, but based on what is included I'm not so sure it will.

# 46 nolesfan69 @ 09/03/10 06:33 PM
Thanks Steve for the update and this game continues to go above my
expectations and also the great NCAA team there at Tiburon. The fix
I like the most is the in season progression which is awesome. And the
Pump fake glitch is gone as well. I surely hope this team is back for
NCAA 2012 because I feel its going to blow me away. Thanks

# 47 Rukkus002 @ 09/03/10 06:35 PM
So is anything being done about the fact that I've been unable to access the last two online dynasties I've been a part of ... and I'm one of MANNNNYYYY? Just wondering?

# 48 uclabruins4ever @ 09/03/10 06:38 PM
yeah, first the Awareness stat doesn't affect non-QB players and now they bump it up for all incoming recruits

hmmmmmmm.....

Also, will these stat bumps and progression fixes prevent CPU teams from putting players out of position years down the road?

It's really hard to try to call defenses and seeing the offensive formation in the huddle as "3 QBs, 1WR, and 2 DTs"

# 49 MajaFiggaz @ 09/03/10 06:46 PM
Awesome!

Now the "Where's the new patch/Tuner?!" guys can give it a rest for at least 4 days

# 50 The GIGGAS @ 09/03/10 06:49 PM
Just finished reading the list, which is very awesome, and it could be the patch we've been waiting for.

# 51 dkrause1971 @ 09/03/10 06:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by uclabruins4ever
yeah, first the Awareness stat doesn't affect non-QB players and now they bump it up for all incoming recruits

hmmmmmmm.....

Also, will these stat bumps and progression fixes prevent CPU teams from putting players out of position years down the road?

It's really hard to try to call defenses and seeing the offensive formation in the huddle as "3 QBs, 1WR, and 2 DTs"
If say WR were at LB on the depth and WR ratings in LB categories didn't progress then this patch should lessen or fix the issue as those LB will now improve more thru out the season and offseason and pass the WR. If players progress just across the board and not position specific then the patch likely wouldn't fix this issue at all.

# 52 Sabredj @ 09/03/10 06:55 PM
Yes!!!!! C'mon guys, I half kid but do you really have to ask if the patch will effect in-progress dynasties?? All the previous ones have.

No doubt this is the best football game ever now!!!
In game saves next year and the closest thing to perfection will be accomplished!!

# 53 Solidice @ 09/03/10 06:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by youALREADYknow
Any idea what this means?

"- Tuned team prestige progression to be in line with the changes to incoming freshmen."
team prestige plays a part in player progression. I guess they just tuned how much it effects it since they raised the starting ratings for incoming freshman.

# 54 goalieump413 @ 09/03/10 07:11 PM
This is great news! I just started a new dynasty, but will now wait until the patch is out to play the first game...

They didn't mention the CPU recruit logic or depth charts, probably because this issue would only be addressed by admitting that the player position change for the CPU is either not working, or the AWR rating ABSOLUTELY DOES affect every player, which contradicts their earlier statement.

Still no mention of the number of passes batted down by DL and LB's, (which in an AA level, 8 min quarter game can reach over 10). And it's likely not to change since the post mentioned man coverage route jumping, not zone play. Most of the batted balls I've seen come from LB's in zones who happen to be "perfectly placed".

But all in all, this is very welcome news and just shows that even though EA has a monopoly partnership with ESPN and college football, they still need it to be right by us.

Now, it's going to be a tough weekend of either shelving the game or playing RTG.

# 55 youALREADYknow @ 09/03/10 07:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
team prestige plays a part in player progression. I guess they just tuned how much it effects it since they raised the starting ratings for incoming freshman.
Thanks! That actually makes sense.

# 56 Timeetyo @ 09/03/10 07:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabredj
Yes!!!!! C'mon guys, I half kid but do you really have to ask if the patch will effect in-progress dynasties?? All the previous ones have.
Forgive my ignorance, but I thought I had read that people had to restart dynasties before. Is it standard for NCAA to force a restart to get an update or is that unusual? I m very interested as I was planning on picking up a 1 start new team (go army...) this weekend, but I may stick out 1 more season with USF.

# 57 Solidice @ 09/03/10 07:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeetyo
Forgive my ignorance, but I thought I had read that people had to restart dynasties before. Is it standard for NCAA to force a restart to get an update or is that unusual? I m very interested as I was planning on picking up a 1 start new team (go army...) this weekend, but I may stick out 1 more season with USF.
to my knowledge/memory, no patch this gen forced you to restart dynasties. so I don't think you will have to.

# 58 NINJAK2 @ 09/03/10 07:25 PM
Guys? do you know if I really need to download the tuner pack if I download the update? Shouldn't the update include everything the tuner pack has? I only ask this because when I first went online with the game I did it on my kid's xbox. Now I can't get access to the tuner set on my xbox. I can get the updates when I go online because that's automatic but u need the EA account to access tuner pack(I think). If the tuner set fixes elements from an under the hood standpoint, shouldn't that be accessed similar to the update?

# 59 Spanky @ 09/03/10 07:33 PM
I'm glad to see the things they're addressing, but surprised at the mostly positive comments. After reading the list, I was disappointed more fixes weren't included.

-- No mention of the play-action ineffectiveness because of the CPU pass rush.
-- No mention of better blocking on punt and KO returns.
-- No mention of toning down the CPU defense aggressiveness so they don't blitz so often.
-- No mention of better run blocking.

Maybe some of these things will be fixed by some of the other fixes they mentioned.

# 60 Von Dozier @ 09/03/10 07:43 PM
"Tuned Man Coverage so defenders will not jump in front of routes so early. They will still jump the route, but not as early, or frequently, as before."

Does this mean mirroring has been fixed? :O

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.