Home
EA Sports MMA News Post

Game: EA Sports MMAReader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 5 - View All
EA Sports MMA Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Gotmadskillzson @ 09/04/10 04:37 PM
Holy crap EA MMA is just crapping on UFC 2010.

1. I like how Diaz pushed that guy off of him in mid air when he tried to do a flying arm bar.

2. That diving punch into guard that Diaz did was awesome.

3. Submissions are way more fluid. I like the long battles for subs and the sub switching is more fluid too. In UFC 2010 as soon as you sub switched the cpu automatically got out of it in 2 seconds.

4. That arm bar from the back after a failed RNC was awesome. Makes you have to stay on your guard from ALL positions. In the UFC 2010 they had no sub moves from the back except for the RNC.

5. I see the refs aren't quick to stand up the ground game. Going to be nice to have some long thought out ground battles. In the UFC 2010 ground game was too quick. It was either an instand sub or instant sub escape then back to your feet.

6. That leg kick at the 1:31 mark was awesome to see Diaz lose his balance and stumble backwards from it.

7. I like that even when the fighter is rocked, they still able to defend themselves and don't become an instant TKO after 3 punches like it is UFC 2010.

8. The commentary seems to be better then UFC 2010 too.

About the only thing I don't like about this game so far from videos is how damn fast they move across the ring, but other then that this game is a must buy for me.

# 2 nyj721 @ 09/04/10 04:56 PM
Does the stamina have anny effect at all?

# 3 DaveDQ @ 09/04/10 05:13 PM
I like it. I'm no MMA aficionado but things really look well done. I'm a little concerned with how a fighter can take 4 shots to the head and then easily execute a takedown. I'm also very interested in seeing how stamina plays out. It'll be nice to play the demo.

# 4 JackMoney254 @ 09/04/10 06:37 PM
I don't get the sense of power in the punches and kicks. every attack seems weak, even the divin punch seemed like a tap on the head. animations need more follow through in the punches and head kicks, and possibly a different contact sound.

# 5 Gotmadskillzson @ 09/04/10 06:53 PM
Visually you can the power in some of the punches. Like in that jump into guard punch Diaz did, you could see the guy was rocked from it. However the sound effects don't relate because every punch and kick sound like a tap instead of a thump.

No biggie though, this wouldn't be the 1st game I had to turn the sound effects off in order to enjoy it. I must say come October, 1st half of the month I will be playing NBA 2k11 non stop and the second half of the month I will be playing this non stop.

Then in november got the call of duty and medal of honor games coming out.......good lord game over load. I love this time of the year.

# 6 bmgoff11 @ 09/04/10 07:44 PM
looks good

# 7 EarvGotti @ 09/04/10 08:54 PM
Wow, this is looking great. I'm glad I saved my money and didnt buy UFC 2010. EA MMA wasnt even on my radar until UFC flopped, but I may just have to pick this up.

# 8 DaveDQ @ 09/04/10 09:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson

No biggie though, this wouldn't be the 1st game I had to turn the sound effects off in order to enjoy it. I must say come October, 1st half of the month I will be playing NBA 2k11 non stop and the second half of the month I will be playing this non stop.

Then in november got the call of duty and medal of honor games coming out.......good lord game over load. I love this time of the year.
So true. I would turn off almost every audio element in Fight Night 4 when I played it.

This and NBA 2K 11 are two games I think will bring a lot of satisfaction.

# 9 JDK-OS @ 09/05/10 11:47 AM
That video was amazing!

# 10 Saijahn @ 09/05/10 01:38 PM
looks good, my only complaints are how the fighters look like they are skating around the cage, and why is it that Shinya was able to go for sub after sub without his stamina taking a major hit?

# 11 DavonBrown @ 09/05/10 04:49 PM
I'm very excited about this game.

# 12 JDK-OS @ 09/06/10 05:49 AM
If you can't tell this game at least LOOKS better than Undisputed, you have no business criticizing any game. It's exactly like comparing Fight Night to Undisputed. I'm talking character models, lighting, animation... all of it are vast improvements over THQ. Alright, Aoki's face isn't up to snuff and the pecs are reminiscent of Bruce Timm's Batman, but it sure has a nice polish on it so far.

# 13 NYG_Meth @ 09/06/10 12:52 PM
Am I the only one who thinks this looks incredibly awkward in motion? Don't get me wrong, the graphics are really sexy, but the fighters are speeding all over the place, and everything looks really unnatural...

# 14 jb12780 @ 09/06/10 03:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYG_Meth
Am I the only one who thinks this looks incredibly awkward in motion? Don't get me wrong, the graphics are really sexy, but the fighters are speeding all over the place, and everything looks really unnatural...
Your not. The movement in UFC is better and more natural than EA MMA. They slide around the cage/ring.

# 15 allBthere @ 09/06/10 04:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
Holy crap EA MMA is just crapping on UFC 2010.

8. The commentary seems to be better then UFC 2010 too.

About the only thing I don't like about this game so far from videos is how damn fast they move across the ring, but other then that this game is a must buy for me.

I really can't believe you actually typed that. The commentary sounds lame to me (on top of hating that guy anyway). They barely mention names, it's very generic AND it sounds like it was done in a recording booth instead of at an event.

There are MAJOR problems with this game, I'm kind of stunned at how many are singing it's praises.

- the EA freeze frame problem is here transitioning between "scenes"
- The ring movement is RIDICULOUS! this can't be stressed enough, the fighter at one point went in and out and back in and covered about 10ft of space faster than his hook animation.
- The plum looked bad
- Reactions to getting kicked cleanly in the face was non-existant
- The camera work is not smooth (UFC is some of the best camera i've seen in any sports game, it's smooth and goes unnoticed) this almost made me dizzy at times.
- There are a lot of sound issues all across the board.
- many strikes lack power although the jab is starting to look pretty tight.
- takedowns, reversals and the submission battle looks to be over-simplistic for me.

At this point I would not buy, I'd just rent, but I'm not expecting great things.
It just looks weak to me.

# 16 Mossfan8480 @ 09/06/10 06:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch masta
you're a fool to say this is better than ufc point blank.the striking is as slow as a snail race,commentary is bad,etc...

its not totally better than ufc (its maybe 1 or 2 things they did better),just get that straight.
A wise man waits until he plays a game to judge it; and before passing said judgement, waits until he has understood the game's inner workings.

# 17 DaveDQ @ 09/06/10 07:10 PM
Anyone who has played Fight Night knows this game is currently struggling with the exact opposite in the footwork dept. In FN4 it often felt so slow moving around the ring. It was very sluggish. Now with MMA it seems the fighters are far too fast with no natural movement toward their destination.

I don't know if it's just a difficult thing to program but I would prefer MMA's movement (with some tweaks) to FN4's.

# 18 Mossfan8480 @ 09/07/10 11:27 PM
Here are some new videos I found. They're actually from about two weeks ago, but good nonetheless. I like the way the game looks in these videos a lot more than the "official video" above.

"King Mo" Lawal vs. Gegard Mousasi, Nick Diaz vs. Kazuo Misaki

Overeem vs. Werdum

Lashley vs. "King Mo"

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.