Home
NBA Elite 11 News Post

Quote:
"Via David Littman.

Hey guys...we will be putting out more and more videos as we drive to finish the game. Next week's videos will be direct capture, because these videos look a bit fast when just filmed with a camera in front of a TV. We will also have more gameplay that has not been seen yet...like put backs, more in-air collisions, hook shots, etc. As we get different dev guys playing the game, they each have different styles, so each set of videos will be different. We will focus on the CPU next week also. I will say that until you feel this game with your own hands (when you get the downloadable demo), it will be tough to understand how much control you truly have over the outcome of the game."

Game: NBA Elite 11Reader Score: 2/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 5 - View All
NBA Elite 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 tgoat22 @ 09/04/10 08:06 PM
I'll have to admit that the game looks better in broadcast camera view instead of the "2K" camera, and seems to resemble to the bare minimum to Live 10. That still doesn't detract from the fact that the game looks very choppy, and animations seem to randomly occur.

# 62 x_irish6 @ 09/04/10 08:07 PM
Better video. One thing I get from it is that just like IRL, having quick, penetrating guards is going to be a key to success. Obviously looks some tweaking is required, but might be alright. Will reserve judgement until I play demo.

# 63 aholbert32 @ 09/04/10 08:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by havok023
its easy to score because they are playing man to man defense if they switch to a zone you will see more deflections and stuff like that plus clippers or hornets dont have good defense
That is a ridiculous excuse. It was too easy to score because there are suspect defensive rotations and the users arent very good at defense.

# 64 pdawg17 @ 09/04/10 08:15 PM
Videos don't tell me a lot about defense...there are a ton of dunks in the videos I've seen of the other game too...once I have the demos and on defense I start saying WTF all the time, then I'll know something about the defense of each game...

# 65 airflight96 @ 09/04/10 08:17 PM
listen if you look closely every time the player is shooting the person on defense is user controled and is not trying 2 stop the offensive player i think they are doing it on purpose

# 66 Jano @ 09/04/10 08:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by magicman32
But from what I understand once you master the release of your shot it will go in 100% of the time. In all the videos we've seen from the devs there has been very few misses. And the pick and roll seems like it is an easy play to get points. Once the game and control is figured out by users especially online, I'm predicting it will be very easy to score.
The shot release thing should be a little harder on the higher difficulties though. The shooting controls are up on the stick for accuracy, then hold it for proper power. You also control whether it veers left or if it goes long or short too.

To get an idea of what the accuracy window looks like check out the videos on shooting on gametrailers.com. Its like the top half of a clock 12 o clock is perfect accuracy where as 11 and 1 are still pretty close.

I have 3 theories on how they might go about making shot timing more difficult:

1. I can see the devs shortening the accuracy window for everybody so the way you hold it needs to be more exact. Whereas the lower difficulties the amount of accuracy you need won't be as high. So you don't need to be as exact on the way you hold the stick.

Good shooters should still be fairly easy to shoot with (because they will still have bigger windows of opportunity) but the poor ones will probably be pretty difficult. Because you are going to have to hold the stick almost exactly straight up. And any little deviation off that straight line will result in a missed shot.

2. The devs just increase the speed of how fast it takes the player to build up enough power for each shot on superstar. Which will make timing even harder because then it may just be more of a flick of the stick. And that will make shooting much more difficult because you won't have as much time to make sure the stick is straight because you'll be too busy worrying about getting the right amount of power.

3. Do both, decrease the window of opportunity across the board and speed up the power meter. Probably the best decision especially with all those people out there that will look to only shoot with one player all the time. And increase the effect fatigue has on shots too.

# 67 23 @ 09/04/10 08:19 PM
I dont know man, it looks pretty generic to me, post move and all

Bench still has the same reaction as last year

Okafor came up the court with the ball like a PG full speed just like everybody else

It might be more fun than Live 10 for alot of you though

# 68 thesniper321 @ 09/04/10 08:19 PM
Day 1 for me

# 69 airflight96 @ 09/04/10 08:21 PM
but i would like 2 see cpu defense step up and b more aggressive in the future vids not just user wen im playing of the ball i wanna know ron artest is doing wat he is getting paid 2 do know what im saying??? but i like the cpu steal on blake griffin wen he turned in on the post

# 70 pdawg17 @ 09/04/10 08:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
I dont know man, it looks pretty generic to me, post move and all

Bench still has the same reaction as last year

Okafor came up the court with the ball like a PG full speed just like everybody else

It might be more fun than Live 10 for alot of you though
I noticed Okafor up the court too...I wonder how much of the rating, DNA etc is implemented in these videos...I also want to see the devs try and have players like Okafor do some crazy dribbling to see what happens...

# 71 Jonesy @ 09/04/10 08:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jano
If the ratings work like that did last year that should be easy to fix by changing the vertical attribute.

Overall this game looks it will be what Live 10 could have been if it didn't have all the suction problems. Because the controls for a lot of things were there last year its just that the suction didn't allow it to happen all the time.

Next year the game will probably be more sigged up and look a little more lifelike. So in some areas Elite definitely took a step back but in others it will probably be a step forward.

I can see this one being a lot of fun against the AI because there defense will probably be able to keep you in check better. And if the real AI works properly teams will attack you like they would in real life. So that alone can cover up that huge hole in the CPU AI of past Live's.

For online play it looks like the highest difficulty is probably going to be the best way to go. This way the CPU defenders are playing the best D they can (ie enforce the paint better, interecept more dumb passes, rotations should be improved, etc.). For the user it should make shot timing a lot harder and force them to play more under control because of the improved D.

I think I'm going to like playing this game as long as the controls are not too hard to pick up. And it should be a lot of fun in the coming years too as the devs polish it up and add more to the arsenal of controls on both defense and offense like they did with NHL and other games like that.
Great post Jano. That vid at least gave me some optimism that this game will be a decent alternative. It's probably going to take some serious tweaking from the roster guys but there is enough good stuff in this vid to at least make it worthwhile to go to that effort by the looks of it.

Do they have system for downloading user created rosters for live like 2k share?

# 72 adwin7 @ 09/04/10 08:27 PM
I think they've put some serious work in. This video looks much better. Still theres a lot to be done, but I'm a little more optimistic about Elite now. Can't wait for some demos.

# 73 Jano @ 09/04/10 08:28 PM
Yea last year they had easports world to upload pics and vids, I can't see them taking it out this year especially with the whole control mantra they got going. What would be the point in having all of that without being able to show it off lol!

# 74 stillfeelme @ 09/04/10 08:38 PM
This is an improvement over the 1st videos I seen. The one thing that looks wierd to me is the player movements seem to be too similar between different players. Dribbling, running, etc. are too similar between a c, pg pf which is not realisitic at all. The pick and roll seems too easy but there were a couple moves I did like.

# 75 Rob. D @ 09/04/10 08:41 PM
Best video by far. I really like how loose the ball is and how u can intercept passes and get steals.

# 76 convince @ 09/04/10 08:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtdribbles25
not true...
Just looked at the videos again..And that is absolutely true.

# 77 jmarcguy @ 09/04/10 08:49 PM
This video was much better. Players do all look too similar. Camera angle helped alot!!!!

# 78 Rob. D @ 09/04/10 08:50 PM
looks a little funky animation wise but i think ima have fun with it. I can see cheesers trying to abuse the oop but looks like the pass can be delected and stolen mid air, and for the baron spin i think that can be stripped once he finishes the spin. whoever was NO was stripping the rock done in the paint. Elite might get some run this year, plus looks like the EASBA could be crazy just based on how loose the ball is.

# 79 Suave35 @ 09/04/10 08:51 PM
Truley it looks better,but still not sold. Just doesn't look like real basketball, from the animations to all the crouching,and sliding.No signature play, both guards dribbles the same,can't tell difference. Playable,but not Buyable for me,sticking with 2K.( just my opinion,no offense to EA fans) 2k is just my answer to basketball.

# 80 pies @ 09/04/10 08:53 PM
Now that's the right view, all things are right in the world again.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.