Home
NBA Elite 11 News Post

Quote:
"Via David Littman.

Hey guys...we will be putting out more and more videos as we drive to finish the game. Next week's videos will be direct capture, because these videos look a bit fast when just filmed with a camera in front of a TV. We will also have more gameplay that has not been seen yet...like put backs, more in-air collisions, hook shots, etc. As we get different dev guys playing the game, they each have different styles, so each set of videos will be different. We will focus on the CPU next week also. I will say that until you feel this game with your own hands (when you get the downloadable demo), it will be tough to understand how much control you truly have over the outcome of the game."

Game: NBA Elite 11Reader Score: 2/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 5 - View All
NBA Elite 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 str8stuntin03 @ 09/05/10 12:22 PM
nasty dunk by Howard

# 2 Goffs @ 09/05/10 12:22 PM
not to bad...

# 3 Kevin26385 @ 09/05/10 12:23 PM
The Collisions nearing the basket look much improved. I noticed it happened twice in the video where someone was going strong to the basket and something realistic occured between the two players.

The two broadcast angle videos are definitely encouraging, and I am excited to get my hands on the demo this month.

# 4 Mike Smoove @ 09/05/10 12:30 PM
Gonna be a cheese fest this year. Gameplay looks better on Broadcast but im getting discouraged by how easy it looks to get to the hole.

# 5 pdawg17 @ 09/05/10 12:30 PM
Looking better and better...can't remember specific players but:

At 1:15 - Carter "hop step" move does concern me with cheesers...hopefully it's possible to pick up charges once the hop step is started...

At 1:40 - Heat player was in mid-air going to basket and ball was knocked out...would never have happened with a "canned" animation...

At 3:00 for those of you that said all makes are swishes - Carter made a shot off glass, rim, glass and in...

At 4:00 - great mid-air collision on a dunk attempt (although a foul should have been called)...

# 6 pdawg17 @ 09/05/10 12:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Smoove
Gonna be a cheese fest this year. Gameplay looks better on Broadcast but im getting discouraged by how easy it looks to get to the hole.
Cheese for you maybe...until I can work on my defense for myself though I'll reserve judgment...might end up being a good challenge to get better at it...

# 7 Nokstar @ 09/05/10 12:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by m-easy
This video really shows the difference between 2-player animations vs real time physics. Next year EA just need to go all out with the sig animations and we will have a winner.

Loving it
That and redo the player models...mainly the body shapes and more variety in bodytypes...everybody looks like tgey have the same body types.

# 8 bonannogiovanni @ 09/05/10 12:38 PM
Amazing ball/net/rim/board physics at the 3:00 minute mark, first time I see it in a EA basketball game, EVER!

# 9 23 @ 09/05/10 12:39 PM
Fouls?

Euro step never gets stopped

presentation the exact same as last year

# 10 Dazraz @ 09/05/10 12:41 PM
As a certain commentator says on NBA 2K10, "Some say the mid range shot is dead". In NBA Elite it certainly is.

NBA Jam - Arcade Dunkfest
NBA Elite - err...See above.

# 11 pdawg17 @ 09/05/10 12:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Fouls?

Euro step never gets stopped

presentation the exact same as last year
There were 2 fouls bro...there were a couple of others that should have been called though...in Live 10 I remember I had to turn the foul slider way up to get it anywhere near "realistic"...and what do you mean by presentation being the exact same?

# 12 i c u cant stop me @ 09/05/10 12:44 PM
....ummm why dont we have our new arena in this years game????

# 13 Jamesmaster @ 09/05/10 12:47 PM
When I saw the Clippers video I thought that the pace was better, but judging from this one, it's too fast.

Why don't they put the game speed down a bit? It would definately look more realistic.

I see a lot of (2 handed) dunks. I also see the same dribbling move over and over (in this video by James and Wade). I assume it will be super difficult to defend against that.

Carter's jumper animation at 3.00 looks weird (too quick).

James' face looks good.

# 14 erickonasis @ 09/05/10 12:50 PM
Best video so far

# 15 VDusen04 @ 09/05/10 12:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazraz
As a certain commentator says on NBA 2K10, "Some say the mid range shot is dead". In NBA Elite it certainly is.

Yeah, it does seem a little dunky, but I mean. . .maybe it was just a "right place, right time" situation. Plus, it was the Magic and Heat, so I'm going to assume those will be two of the most dunkiest teams in the game (LBJ, Wade, Bosh, Howard, VC).

I'm not sure I ever would have noticed if it wasn't pointed out earlier, but with the exception of bank shots, it does seem every made jump shot is a swish. Also regarding those darn nets, the ball seems to sort of float through, even on dunks.

I can definitely see what they're going for with those non-two-player animations, but it's clear things are still in the rough stages. The VC drive around the 4:00 mark showcased the new system but it looked wonky and unnatural. Also, I'm thinking maybe a foul was in order there.

The presentation seems neat. I've always been a huge fan of ESPN integration. It was kind of hard to hear the audio (except for the cough at the beginning) but from what was picked up by the camera, it sounded alright. I think I heard a variation of the Superman theme after Dwight Howard dunked.

Also, the courts look to be shaping up pretty nicely this year.

# 16 BaselineBakes @ 09/05/10 12:56 PM
Even though you can barely hear the crowd you can get a sense for how alive it sounds with that playoff atmosphere is on, which is great.

James triple threat to jumpshot was terrific

Wade's dunk in traffic was terrible

Carter hop step also really bad, that's a terrible animation for that action imo.

Wade getting blocked by Howard looked unnantural, he was already on his way down when he got blocked and it just didn't look good at all.

Howard nelson PnR was nice, with the superman theme in the back, very cool

Lebron dunk looked powerful, not good hand/rim interaction though.

Lebron, Wade, and Carlos Arroyo having the same exact dribbling moves bothers me.

I won't talk about the euro-step.

That charge was bad, Nelson slid back with Lebron for about 5-6 ft before any interaction actually took place.

These dunks in traffic are bad, the man jumping straight up to contest just magically teleports backwards in the air to move out of the way of the dunker, no collision involved, doesn't look good at all.

Overall the game looks better from this camera angle, it adds to the atmosphere, but man it's gonna be a real dunk fest and the physics they were talking about concerning collisions and player interaction just isn't there and it looks bad when players come together, you know something that happens alot in a basketball game.

# 17 kmart2180 @ 09/05/10 12:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazraz

Wow I think you got your games mixed up bro. The spacing on live/elite makes for better mid-range jumpers than on 2k. Dont base the game on how some choose the play in these vids. The mid jumper is great on Live/Elite.

Getting back to the video, it looks alot better. This angle i prefer over the N/S. I love the fact that playing defense is really gonna matter this year. Its looking like the the days of the fullcourt passing are over thank god. Cant wait for the demo.

# 18 Philstat @ 09/05/10 01:01 PM
Stick a fork in Elite 11 - Wade's dunk through the lane just killed it for me. GD, what is up with EA, they just can't figure out what they want to do, they call this a SIM, it's arcade play all the way. Everyone moves the same, Miller looks just as athletic and quick as LeBron and Dwayne. Carter's hop step just about brought tears to my eyes, damn, this game HAS A VERY LONG WAY TO GO! Guys are running at warp speed, dunks galore, players jumping way too high. EA should just confess, they can't make a basketball simulation. Stick with NBA Jam.

# 19 Behindshadows @ 09/05/10 01:01 PM
Good video...

Looks a bit better, moves too fast on video..But I read his comments on why! The coughing in the beginning was funny. Get some Robitussin it will clear that right up...lmao.

But too much dunking and too much sticking in crossovers, slow the pace down and play basketball. All this super fast run and dunk, run and jump shot, stick moves, stick moves, more damn stick moves and dunk or shoot. That isn't basketball.

The player models can be somewhat distinctive now, but would love to see more later.

# 20 dat boi Q @ 09/05/10 01:03 PM
they need to change the name to dribble then drive 11 or pick and roll 11 i notice even in the playoffs every game is nba tuesday

« Previous1234567891617Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.