Home
NBA Elite 11 News Post

Quote:
"Via David Littman.

Hey guys...we will be putting out more and more videos as we drive to finish the game. Next week's videos will be direct capture, because these videos look a bit fast when just filmed with a camera in front of a TV. We will also have more gameplay that has not been seen yet...like put backs, more in-air collisions, hook shots, etc. As we get different dev guys playing the game, they each have different styles, so each set of videos will be different. We will focus on the CPU next week also. I will say that until you feel this game with your own hands (when you get the downloadable demo), it will be tough to understand how much control you truly have over the outcome of the game."

Game: NBA Elite 11Reader Score: 2/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 5 - View All
NBA Elite 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Dantecamp21 @ 09/05/10 01:03 PM
I play NBA 2K10 on Hall of Fame, which for some would be the most realistic setup available, and with the proper guy (Kobe, LBJ, Wade) I still manage to go the hole whenever I want it. I believe It's a matter of wanting to play the game the right way.

I'm not trying to defend Elite, as a matter of fact, I was disappointed with the first two videos as well. But it's very hard to gauge this type of thing watching a video of other person playing the game.

It's almost impossible to play online without being cheesed. People want to win regardless of the experience. I don't mind loosing to a cheeser...for me, it's way more fulfilling to play the game the right way, but to each his own.

All I'm saying is that we'll have to wait for the demo.

# 22 bmgoff11 @ 09/05/10 01:03 PM
good looks good u can definitely see the rtp in the game// the dunks look smooth and nice// game a;so shows u have to practice to be good at defense on this game // shaping up really nice

# 23 PRAY IV M3RCY @ 09/05/10 01:05 PM
I just dont see it this year for Elite. It definatly puts me in the idea of an arcade style basketball game. I guess it just depends on your preference. My preference tells me to stay away from this, but i will try the demo.

# 24 fatleg3 @ 09/05/10 01:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by i c u cant stop me
....ummm why dont we have our new arena in this years game????
Yes another fellow magic fan. Hope we can get over the hump this yr lol.

But how can you tell that is the old amway arena. The court will be the same for the most part except for maybe the scoreboard and the seats are now black and blue but you cant see the seats in the game. Above like the first rows of seats will be different but you cant see that in the game The main difrrence with the new arena is the size, and looks on the ouside of the court and arena.

The scoreboard does need to be updated but i believe every scoreboard in live has always been the same i think

# 25 Philstat @ 09/05/10 01:06 PM
Check out what Howard does on the break away dunk by LeBron - EA at its finest - laughable. 2:35 mark on video, the animation is horrid in this play.

# 26 PRAY IV M3RCY @ 09/05/10 01:10 PM
Elite just puts me in the mind of streetball. Sure streetball is fun, because you have more freedom. But when you step into the court, in an organized basketball game(NBA), its all business. Thats what i want

# 27 i c u cant stop me @ 09/05/10 01:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatleg3
Yes another fellow magic fan. Hope we can get over the hump this yr lol.

But how can you tell that is the old amway arena. The court looks the same for the most part except for maybe the scoreboard and the seats are now black and blue but you cant see the seats in the game

now look where the locker room enterences are on elite and look at the ones in the new amway center..

# 28 Philstat @ 09/05/10 01:11 PM
Wow the sub screen at 4:21 looks like an Atari or something - please tell me that is not the REAL sub screen, WOW, hard to believe.

# 29 kmart2180 @ 09/05/10 01:11 PM
People need to understand that in any sports game you can make it look sim or arcade by the way you choose to play. Im sure like myself theres a good group of guys that will slow down the gameplay and call plays and make the game look alot better. These vids are just 2 guys going dunk happy with the game. Im sure playmakers global -50 vertical will fix this aspect of the game like it did for live10.

I love the "this is arcade,this is not sim" comments based off of these vid's. So if i played 2k and went dunkfest crazy the game would not be sim?

# 30 mrprice33 @ 09/05/10 01:15 PM
lmao @ complaining about the sub screen.

I think it looks a lot better from broadcast cam, and will reserve judgement on how it plays until I can, you know, play it.

# 31 Philstat @ 09/05/10 01:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmart2180
People need to understand that in any sports game you can make it look sim or arcade by the way you choose to play. Im sure like myself theres a good group of guys that will slow down the gameplay and call plays and make the game look alot better. These vids are just 2 guys going dunk happy with the game. Im sure playmakers global -50 vertical will fix this aspect of the game like it did for live10.

I love the "this is arcade,this is not sim" comments based off of these vid's. So if i played 2k and went dunkfest crazy the game would not be sim?
Man, come on dude, 2K11 is WAY MORE OF SIM then this game, not even close. I think it's more how the game handles, movement and speed of players, guys skating around nearly as much as they do in NHL11, players jumping through each other, minimal collision detection, guys catching the ball out of bounds as play continues, everyone skying like the old Jordan, the mechanics on this game is slanted towards arcade play. Elite should just come out say, hey this game is more of an arcade slant meant for fun - not sim based basketball.

# 32 Kage123 @ 09/05/10 01:19 PM
I'm sorry, but the more I look at this game, it shows me that this is a poor representation of what a basketball "simulation" should be. I cannot stand it.

# 33 Jano @ 09/05/10 01:21 PM
Haven't watched the vid yet, is this user vs user gameplay?

# 34 fatleg3 @ 09/05/10 01:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by i c u cant stop me

now look where the locker room enterences are on elite and look at the ones in the new amway center..
Right but i dont know for sure but has ea ever been that detailed when it comes to arena. Things i have known them to focus on in that area is just the courts. Yea i wish they would be as detailed as madden/ncaa are with stadiums.

# 35 convince @ 09/05/10 01:25 PM
The hot step with dunk from Carter..not good. And what's up with hot step/step back move with Carter, saw it twice and in both occasions it looks weird. The first dunk with Wade around the :55 mark, you know where Carter conviently got out of way, and he dunk on i think Pietrus is the worse. What's difference between that situation and the one this one: http://www.youtube.com/user/MrOperat...39/uB2sV4_uPkU

# 36 pdawg17 @ 09/05/10 01:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kage123
I'm sorry, but the more I look at this game, it shows me that this is a poor representation of what a basketball "simulation" should be. I cannot stand it.
I see a lot of comments saying based upon these videos that this is not "sim"...I'm not saying I disagree but you guys have different definitions of "sim" based upon responses...so what does "sim" mean to you guys? Realistic stats? Realistic shoes?

# 37 SublimeAnarky @ 09/05/10 01:26 PM
too fast for me - but i'd reserve my final word on gamespeed till we get the direct capture vids next week..

that said - good vid, too dunk happy for my taste, but thats a measure of the gamers more than anything else imo.. rtp kicks in where it needs to (not very elegantly though) and the ball does seem very 'live'

good showcase of the fast breaking heat vs the half court magic.. P&Rs still look to open up gaping holes in the defence.

one thing that jumped out me though, there was a point where lebron was leading the pack on the fast break.. and howard was the closest defender chasing back.. howard seem to match lebron for speed all the way till a block animation stopped him stone cold.. six feet from the rim.. D12's straight line speed is the same as lebron's ? and i wish the block animation that he so suddenly jumped into was more contextual - a block from behind, keeping his forward motion in play..

all said though - live/elite's stock is rising. anyone know when the demo drops ?

# 38 ehh @ 09/05/10 01:27 PM
Finally a transition game! Nice to see you can actually get out and run in Elite, that was a major issue in L10. Unfortunately that's about were the positives end with this clip.

Five of the seven Heat field goals were dunks. Seems like if you just mess around with the sticks long enough you'll get by your man and get to the hole at will. Even if you're Wade or LBJ you should get punished if you toy with the ball THAT much while dribbling.

Duhwight was essentially a non-factor in terms of protecting the rim. So far the only thing resembling defense in the paint is if you get a mid-air collision (and somehow a foul is not called).

It will be interesting to see how slider tweaking and difficulty level will affect this sort of thing.

# 39 i c u cant stop me @ 09/05/10 01:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatleg3
Right but i dont know for sure but has ea ever been that detailed when it comes to arena. Things i have known them to focus on in that area is just the courts. Yea i wish they would be as detailed as madden/ncaa are with stadiums.
yea but its the old arena.... my magic never get any respect...and just an fyi i think we changed it but iam not sure but when did stuff "our mascot" turn blue???

# 40 pdawg17 @ 09/05/10 01:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SublimeAnarky
too fast for me - but i'd reserve my final word on gamespeed till we get the direct capture vids next week..

that said - good vid, too dunk happy for my taste, but thats a measure of the gamers more than anything else imo.. rtp kicks in where it needs to (not very elegantly though) and the ball does seem very 'live'

good showcase of the fast breaking heat vs the half court magic.. P&Rs still look to open up gaping holes in the defence.

one thing that jumped out me though, there was a point where lebron was leading the pack on the fast break.. and howard was the closest defender chasing back.. howard seem to match lebron for speed all the way till a block animation stopped him stone cold.. six feet from the rim.. D12's straight line speed is the same as lebron's ? and i wish the block animation that he so suddenly jumped into was more contextual - a block from behind, keeping his forward motion in play..

all said though - live/elite's stock is rising. anyone know when the demo drops ?
What is unclear from the video is if Howard jumping straight up was a poor animation or if the user did not continue to press toward the rim when he jumped...if it is the latter I would still think there should be some momentum toward the rim based upon how fast Howard was running...

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.