Home
NBA Elite 11 News Post

Quote:
"Via David Littman.

Hey guys...we will be putting out more and more videos as we drive to finish the game. Next week's videos will be direct capture, because these videos look a bit fast when just filmed with a camera in front of a TV. We will also have more gameplay that has not been seen yet...like put backs, more in-air collisions, hook shots, etc. As we get different dev guys playing the game, they each have different styles, so each set of videos will be different. We will focus on the CPU next week also. I will say that until you feel this game with your own hands (when you get the downloadable demo), it will be tough to understand how much control you truly have over the outcome of the game."

Game: NBA Elite 11Reader Score: 2/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 5 - View All
NBA Elite 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 141 bruhman @ 09/05/10 06:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ataman5
If i'm not mistaken hopefully not, there is no turbo button for this, all stick movement, all user controlled and skill based.
I dont really understand the no turbo decision wouldnt that make first steps and changing pace on offense difficult, because unless your on fast break basketball wouldnt need buildup speed for long, seems more like a football, soccer, open field thing.

# 142 Fresh Prince @ 09/05/10 06:21 PM
I'm not a 2k fanboy.... in fact, I buy NCAA, Madden, and Fifa every year. I'm just being honest here guys, but this doesn't even look on par with NBA 2k7 in terms of game play. Color me disappointed again. I was actually planning on buying 2k11 and Elite 11 this year, but unless the demo completely blows me out of the water, then forget about that.

# 143 ataman5 @ 09/05/10 06:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruhman
I dont really understand the no turbo decision wouldnt that make first steps and changing pace on offense difficult, because unless your on fast break basketball wouldnt need buildup speed for long, seems more like a football, soccer, open field thing.
The more aggresively you put your left stick down, the faster your player will move or if you slightly press it, your player will walk etc. You even have the right hand or left hand dribbling control attach to user control, foing to right won't give you an automatic rigt hand dribbling instead you have to change it with your right stick.

See, left stick is all about lower body, and right stick is all about upper body and all user control.

# 144 Boilerbuzz @ 09/05/10 06:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by havok023
your policing me if anything you have a post for every post i put up telling me what to do and what not to do
Really? You've put about 10 other posts that I have not replied to. You sitting there trying to police a mod was quite comical, so I just had to ask. I'm not telling you what to do or what not to do. I just want to know why you do it? You don't need to answer that either, but I figured I'd ask anyway. You seem to have an excuse for EVERY gripe other people have and having your own token "gripes" doesn't hide that.

But if you really want me to harass you, I can.

# 145 fatleg3 @ 09/05/10 06:34 PM
Yall might want to chill. A mod has already said quit posting on other posters on the last page. Im not trying to police yall or anything because its yall that will get banned but its a word of advice bruh

# 146 pdawg17 @ 09/05/10 06:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruhman
you have to hold turbo to dunk in the other game there is no auto dunk. But I hope Dwights not knocking down short jumpers like timmy though
Sorry...forgot about the turbo thing...so should Dwight only make dunks then? Is that what it takes to make the game "sim"?

# 147 Boilerbuzz @ 09/05/10 06:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thesniper321
Are you serious??? If yes uugh man type nba travel on youtube and come again

back on topic I see rtp shows a lot of promises but I have the feeling it doesn't detect very well collisions from the side in mid air only from the front. HOwever it could be the vid that gives me that impression.
I agree with all the negatives everybody pointed beside the travel of course lol "nba players rarely travel" ...........wooooow
Good lord guys. Give it a rest. His point was that claiming the travel isn't being called in Elite to mimick real life NBA is, as he called it "lame" (I think that's the term he used). So whether or not it's called consistently in RL, that's no excuse to not call blatant travels in a video game. Same goes for the silly dunk argument. If you think Mami and Orlando have defenses bad enough to lead to that many dunks, then you have no idea how they play or no respect for the defensive ability of each team. DHoward is the best defensive big man in the league. Lebron and DWade are defensive monsters. Get out of here if you think that game will be a dunk fest.

# 148 jrose57 @ 09/05/10 06:41 PM
Live is always built with fast gameplay for some reason, I rmb back in 04 and 05 I just change the game speed from 50 to 45 and player speed from 50 to like 43 and the game was awesome already, I have a feeling this year will be the same IF they tune down the dunks and fix that pick and roll...can't wait for demo!

# 149 clivo1050 @ 09/05/10 06:45 PM
wow, i'm actually impressed compared to the other videos.

# 150 bruhman @ 09/05/10 06:47 PM
Quote:
The more aggresively you put your left stick down, the faster your player will move or if you slightly press it, your player will walk etc. You even have the right hand or left hand dribbling control attach to user control, foing to right won't give you an automatic rigt hand dribbling instead you have to change it with your right stick.

See, left stick is all about lower body, and right stick is all about upper body and all user control.
we'll see i definitely need the demo to see how its implemented

# 151 ataman5 @ 09/05/10 06:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrose57
Live is always built with fast gameplay for some reason, I rmb back in 04 and 05 I just change the game speed from 50 to 45 and player speed from 50 to like 43 and the game was awesome already, I have a feeling this year will be the same IF they tune down the dunks and fix that pick and roll...can't wait for demo!
I think you shouldn't worry about that as it's been told by David Littman:
Next week's videos will be direct capture, because these videos look a bit fast when just filmed with a camera in front of a TV.

# 152 23 @ 09/05/10 06:49 PM
Now that im here, I dont care what the reasoning is

Bashing other members here for their opinions and or ignoring the mods warning a couple of pages back will result in a ban

Only warning

# 153 bigball12 @ 09/05/10 06:49 PM
Dwight Howard Making A Jumpshot = Fake!

# 154 pdawg17 @ 09/05/10 06:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigball12
Hmmm...I just did that playing a different basketball game today...maybe this year will be more "sim" though...

# 155 fatleg3 @ 09/05/10 06:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigball12
being fake i would not say because i watch almost every magic game last year and he did take a couple, and some even where just outside the paint. He even made a few. Now it was only about 4 or 5 that i can remember but it did happen

And i know it was an all star game but he did make 2 3pters in the all star game

# 156 pdawg17 @ 09/05/10 07:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever_Young83
No one ever said that Dwight doesn't know how to shot the ball. What i was saying is that from that spot he shot from should be a hook shot for him. In the other game Dwight will do a hook from that close and further out would be a shot.
What if I don't want to do a hook shot though?

# 157 Boilerbuzz @ 09/05/10 07:02 PM
Quote:
Same with Howard, too. That's the beauty.
Beauty huh? I think THIS is the crux of many people's issue with the direction. Having dude do things they just won't or can't do is not "sim" to them. But people want to keep arguing that it's the proper direction for a game that's supposed to be "sim"? You can't have it both ways? If you conceded that giving you total control is the way to go, then you're also conceding that core components of sim play are being sacrificed.

# 158 pdawg17 @ 09/05/10 07:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerbuzz
Beauty huh? I think THIS is the crux of many people's issue with the direction. Having dude do things they just won't or can't do is not "sim" to them. But people want to keep arguing that it's the proper direction for a game that's supposed to be "sim"? You can't have it both ways? If you conceded that giving you total control is the way to go, then you're also conceding that core components of sim play are being sacrificed.
IMO, if EA is choosing to go for "total control" then to make it "sim" they need to make certain moves or actions FAIL with certain players...just because Dwight Howard would not go behind his back and between his legs on his way to the hoop in a real game does not mean I shouldn't be able to try it in the game...it just means he should fail MISERABLY at it...

# 159 pdawg17 @ 09/05/10 07:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
amen, its annoying to hear that we shouldnt judge it until we pick up the controller and FEEL how the game plays. I dont give a crap what it FEELS like if this is what i'm still seeing on the tv.
Then don't play it and I will...we'll both be happy I guess...

# 160 pdawg17 @ 09/05/10 07:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever_Young83
Well how about the a running hook, up and under, a fake into a spin or a step through. I don't think your able to do any of these in this game.
How do you know that?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.