Home
EA Sports MMA News Post

Share the Demo with Friends and Unlock Classic Randy Couture

The highly anticipated EA SPORTS MMA demo will be available on September 28 on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3! Jump right into a match via “Fight Now” to experience the intensity of MMA in two weight classes: heavyweight and middleweight. Fans can take control of current STRIKEFORCE heavyweight champion, Alistair Overeem, or utilize the brute strength of former professional wrestler, Bobby Lashley. The two middleweights featured in the demo are predominantly Jiu-Jitsu fighters - the top ranked Jake Shields, as well as the always entertaining Jason “Mayhem” Miller. Matches in the demo are officiated by the best in the business - Big John McCarthy, with fighter introductions by Jimmy Lennon Jr.

For the “Fight Now” experience, step into the STRIKEFORCE cage at the HP Pavilion and test your mettle across four different skill levels. Or learn the ropes via the “MMA 101″ interactive tutorial that pits rivals Shields vs. Miller in a ring at the Horizon Center of Japan. EA SPORTS MMA is the only game that allows you to travel the globe and experience different fighting environments, rule sets, and training locations.

By sharing the demo with friends, fans can unlock “Classic” Randy Couture as a playable character in the full version of the game. Additional information outlining the exclusive EA SPORTS Live Broadcast mode, as well as other modes like Career, Fight Card, Create-A-Fighter (featuring Photo Game Face), Fighter Share and Online Belt Rank are detailed in the demo.

Source - EA Sports MMA Blog

Game: EA Sports MMAReader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 5 - View All
EA Sports MMA Videos
Member Comments
# 1 sb24 @ 09/07/10 01:30 PM
Sweet I cant wait to get my hands on this. Sounds like it should be a good demo to get a feel for the game.

# 2 toine2983 @ 09/07/10 02:33 PM
Thanks for the info.

Looking forward to trying out an alternative to UFC Undisputed.

# 3 BlueNGold @ 09/07/10 02:36 PM
To be honest I'm not expecting much, but looking forward to playing it.

# 4 Phobia @ 09/07/10 03:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueNGold
To be honest I'm not expecting much, but looking forward to playing it.

I think it sounds like a solid demo and excited to finally get our hands on this.

# 5 sportznut02 @ 09/07/10 04:34 PM
I am excited to give this a try, I need a new MMA game in my rotation.

# 6 Gotmadskillzson @ 09/07/10 04:41 PM
Yep....can't wait for the demo.

# 7 DaveDQ @ 09/07/10 04:54 PM
I like the idea of the tutorial. That's the one thing I'm going to have to master if I'm going to DOMINATE in this game. And I will DOMINATE.

I think.

# 8 PVarck31 @ 09/08/10 04:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by goh
You mean we don't have to add them on facebook,give them our e-mails and send them a video of us spinning around on our heads to download the demo? We can just download it?
Well played sir.

# 9 Phobia @ 09/08/10 09:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by goh
You mean we don't have to add them on facebook,give them our e-mails and send them a video of us spinning around on our heads to download the demo? We can just download it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjv31_OS
Well played sir.
LOL yes, well played indeed.

# 10 delspf @ 09/16/10 01:34 AM
I am sad now. I want this game, I want the demo but I am trying to sell my ps3 before the end of the month

# 11 Phobia @ 09/22/10 11:44 AM
6 MORE DAYS EVERYONE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

# 12 PBlast @ 09/22/10 11:45 AM
Awesome news, I've been waiting to beat you up online since UFC was released Phob, haha.

# 13 Phobia @ 09/22/10 12:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PBlast
Awesome news, I've been waiting to beat you up online since UFC was released Phob, haha.
LOL you will get your chance come October

# 14 Phobia @ 09/22/10 04:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by goh
or 13
Demo 28th
Today 22nd

____
= 6 days

# 15 ManiacMatt1782 @ 09/22/10 07:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
LOL you will get your chance come October
i have to avenge some losses you handed me in UFC

# 16 ManiacMatt1782 @ 09/22/10 07:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
Demo 28th
Today 22nd

____
= 6 days

math ftw
hahaha

# 17 MF DOOM @ 09/23/10 02:25 AM
Who are you gonna use first in the demo? personally i cant wait to use overeem, i wonder if they put his crazy flying knee where he jumps like 10feet in the air.

# 18 Phobia @ 09/23/10 08:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManiacMatt1782
i have to avenge some losses you handed me in UFC
Hell ya Matt, I sure hope the demo is great because this game has everything for us to have a amazing league.
Quote:
Originally Posted by goh
+ 7 for Silver on 360 = 13
LOL sucks for you goh

# 19 Phobia @ 09/23/10 08:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MF DOOM
Who are you gonna use first in the demo? personally i cant wait to use overeem, i wonder if they put his crazy flying knee where he jumps like 10feet in the air.
None of the fighters on the demo am I a fan of. I think Miller vs Shields will be my first matches. I hate Shields and this will be my chance to beat his ***

# 20 DaveDQ @ 09/23/10 10:09 AM
Barbosa isn't in the demo?

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.