Home
NBA 2K11 News Post

2K Sports just posted another NBA 2K11 Developer Insight. This one talks about the expanded playcall system.

Quote:
"All Teams Are Not Created Equal - Each team has a base playbook of at least thirty plays that reflect their coach's philosophy and style of play. The marquis teams also have additional plays available to them that they can run for additional flavor. We created individual sets for teams as well. What this means is that even though two coaches may use a floppy set, their personnel and style may dictate that their floppy set starts differently than that of another team that runs a floppy. Now even if teams run plays that have the same end goal, the look you get from team to team will differ based on how they run it and who they run it with.

If you consider that we have well over 1000 plays across all the current and the old school NBA teams, you will see that, as a User, you have a plethora of options to vary your offense."

Game: NBA 2K11Reader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 108 - View All
NBA 2K11 Videos
Member Comments
# 201 Mecca_G @ 09/08/10 01:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever_Young83
Yeah i really don't think thats fare to us east coast guys.
Definitely not! However, 2K I give you credit on being geniuses on having us do all of your marketing and promotion for you with all the "buzz" we are creating. Heck, I know I have told at least 20 people about 2K11 and why I think they should get it! lol

# 202 Low End Theory @ 09/08/10 01:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
I don't know any teams in the NBA that run a Box and 1 defense. You should check out CHK8 everyone loves that game around here. No gimmick defenses have won the championship in the NBA.

And also while on the subject of zones. I don't think they will ever be totally effective in the NBA. I think its because of the 3 point line being farther then the FIBA and NCAA. With the 3 point line being so far. There is just too much area or zone for each player to cover. Back when J.J Redick was on Duke. I remember him being a huge zone buster. Because he had NBA plus range. He could consistently hit 3's from 30 feet. He would get in the game. Hit two long distance 3's..Timeout the other team lol

Yeah, I think you may be right. But I think the biggest difference keeps zone from having a bigger role is the defensive 3 second rule. Not being able to have a big man camped in the lane kinda defeats the purpose of a zone.

But either way, we saw a pretty effective zone run by PHX in the playoffs versus LA, and this was for two main reasons. One was that in many of the lineups that LA put on the court, Kobe was the only real long range threat. The other reason it worked was that it was a change of pace, since teams don't practice their offenses against the zone, or see it very often. And that is exactly why I would like to have greater ability to use the zone in NBA 2k11. I think it will be an awesome tool to have at your disposal against certain lineups in certain situations. Just like we're hearing about all these offensive plays to react to holes we may see in the opposing team's defense, shouldn't it be just as fun to look for holes in opposing team's offense that can be exploited?

Anyways, I think we've wasted enough time discussing the intricacies of NBA basketball. I hope we didn't take this thread too far off topic. Either way the improved offensive playcalling sounds amazing. I can't wait for 2k11!!!

# 203 23 @ 09/08/10 01:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
There is more than one. The content has to be approved for all of them. There was a set number but since I am still working my bum off to finish them of course they are not all approved.

So if they don't approve some of the content I only captured so much so that may take the number of shows I do down as I don't currently have the game in front of me to get more footage.

Its a hell of a lot of work and truthfully I can't wait to finish. To try and capture everything you need in a matter of days for a feature like this is daunting at best.

Honestly man, making videos and content for capturing is pretty hectic. Especially with editing and such, music, commentary.. in a short period of time, I can only imagine the ridiculous amount of work that youre putting into this. People dont realize it but its nothing easy about it.

Big ups, but you were destined to pull this stuff off

# 204 jmood88 @ 09/08/10 01:33 PM
It's hilarious how impatient people are, you would think they paid to watch these videos on a certain date.

# 205 DirtyJerz32 @ 09/08/10 01:53 PM
Quote:

When you make a video like that the last thing you want is delay because the expectations rise to a point where even an excellent product is received as MEH cause people had to wait and it wasn't worth that. So I am all for getting the dang thing up as soon as possible...LOL
Sounds good man. No rush on my end as only good things come to people that wait. Can't wait to see you break it down.

# 206 Kaanyr Vhok @ 09/08/10 02:01 PM
Ok so its 991 offensive plays and 9 defensive plays?

# 207 cavsfan2 @ 09/08/10 03:29 PM
THE VIDEO WILL BE RELEASED AT 2PM PACIFIC
http://twitter.com/ronnie2K

# 208 youvalss @ 09/08/10 03:30 PM
Finally!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think we deserve 2 videos for the long waiting...

# 209 maine0618 @ 09/08/10 03:30 PM
awesome news!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavsfan2
THE VIDEO WILL BE RELEASED AT 2PM PACIFIC
http://twitter.com/ronnie2K

# 210 jeebs9 @ 09/08/10 03:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by youvalss
Finally!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think we deserve 2 videos for the long waiting...
LMFAO!!

# 211 youvalss @ 09/08/10 03:39 PM
I actually thought there were supposed to be 30 videos (30 teams). So, if 27 days left...we sure need more than 1 video today!

# 212 ehh @ 09/08/10 03:50 PM
I'd guess there are going to be a few teams per vid.

# 213 J-H!zZl3 @ 09/08/10 03:57 PM
I have class at 6 PM EST so I have an hour to watch the video..lol.

# 214 beau21 @ 09/08/10 04:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-H!zZl3
I have class at 6 PM EST so I have an hour to watch the video..lol.
I have class at 4 PM CST.. naturally.

# 215 youvalss @ 09/08/10 04:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by beau21

Are you suggesting that your class is more important than 2K11?!?!?

# 216 Da_Czar @ 09/08/10 04:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by youvalss
I actually thought there were supposed to be 30 videos (30 teams). So, if 27 days left...we sure need more than 1 video today!
There is NO way that was ever on the table. Impossible. Simply impossible. If you only knew how long I takes me to do one of these you wouldn't believe it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 217 J-H!zZl3 @ 09/08/10 04:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by beau21

That sucks man. So you have to wait until class is over to see the video.

# 218 youvalss @ 09/08/10 04:09 PM
Quote:
There is NO way that was ever on the table. Impossible. Simply impossible. If you only knew how long I takes me to do one of these you wouldn't believe it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don't really know, but I'm sure that Mrs. Czar knows. You got to make it up to her, sir!

# 219 jeebs9 @ 09/08/10 04:10 PM
I think he was joking Da_Czar....lol

# 220 youvalss @ 09/08/10 04:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
I think he was joking Da_Czar....lol
Actually, I was serious.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.